• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Don't think we should be looking at Wolves as direct rivals personally. They finished on 59 points last season, 57 points the season before that. I think they've hit their ceiling unless they start signing players that push them further forward. They've lost one of their best players in Doherty and haven't improved the starting 11 to push them higher.

Selling Ainsley to them as a RWB doesn't improve them, it pretty much just replaces Doherty. But even then Doherty was an insane attacking outlet for Wolves, not sure Ainsley is that.
They finished above us last season. They ran us close the year before, they’re spending money. They are our rivals for now.
They’re poaching our players ffs.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
But would you rather keep AMN and not improve the midfield when Bellerin is likely to be the starting right back? Sets us back a long time if we don't get this midfield somewhat sorted this window. Having both Bellerin and AMN is completely pointless.

If push comes to shove, I'd prefer to move Bellerin on at this stage. I think he's open to a move and if an acceptable bid comes in we should let him go and give AMN a shot at right back. You'd like to think that we could get £25-30m for Hector.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

My issue with all of this is that there was no need to bring in Cedric on a 4 year deal if it meant that AMN would be leaving.

We could have brought in Cedric on loan then just ditched him in the summer that would have allowed AMN and Bellerin to battle it out.
AMN doesn't want to battle it out, that's one of the problems. Kid wants to play.

Cedric is happy to be back-up, that's why his place is the most secure of our three RBs. I think we're so eager to criticise the club that we forget that the players are human beings too!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They finished above us last season. They ran us close the year before, they’re spending money. They are our rivals for now.
They’re poaching our players ffs.

They did but last season was a shambles. With pretty much the same group of players the season before we finished 13 points above them.

They've spent money, but they aren't spending money on immediate players to improve their starting 11. They are not a direct rival and if we're looking at it that way we need to get in the bin.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I just said 3 players who are above AMN for RB. It would take a freak occurrence for all 3 to get injured at the same time. Much better shot at trying to nail down 1 of the CM positions. He’s already better than Rice & he starts for England at the moment. Henderson is 30 so doesn’t have long left.

How many senior professional games has AMN started in central midfield? And how many in the PL? I have no idea but I'd guess it's very few. He'd need to start at CM in the PL for about 1-2 years to convince a manager to pick him there for the national team.

He's just been picked for England at RB. People now think of him as a RB. No one gives a sh*t what he did at the Arsenal academy or what some Arsenal fans say about him. People only give a sh*t about what he's done on the pitch and what he's done on the pitch has been at fullback. If Wolves are making a 20m+ bid it's cos they like what he's done at fullback, not cos they think he can be a CM.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The question is if we were sitting here with Bellerin and Cedric whilst AMN was playing at Wolves, would we be happy if we were looking to sign him for £25M?

I wouldn't be, i'd think that's shocking business considering we need two midfielders.
It’s probably cause I’m not so high on Aouar. Plus, if the shoe was on the other foot we’d never get him for 25mil :lol:, I suspect were a soft touch.

Id rather we sold Bellerin and made AMN our right back. If AMN wants to leave/doesn’t want to play there then that changes things.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Probability alone says you're right. But how do you know?

So far Aouar's career tracks like that of a player who's could easily be world class.

I was surprised to see Aouar has had 3 seasons in Lyons first team, at 22 that's pretty decent.

Ashybashy86

Hate to say it but for now, Wolves are our direct rivals. You either simply don’t sell or you make it worth your while.
Exactly! He shouldn't be sold for anything less than £35m. He's HG, on relatively low wages and is versatile. No loss to us to keep him, but will be to short-change ourselves.

Reactions: roz

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Probability alone says you're right. But how do you know?

So far Aouar's career tracks like that of a player who's could easily be world class.

Okay, maybe I should have said there's a 99.999% chance he's not going to be as good as Iniesta.

You could probably count the number of players comparable to Iniesta in his position in the history of the game on one hand.

It's possible Aouar could become world class, I guess. I still don't think that would put him in a comparable league to Iniesta though, he was a level above world class, generational talent or whatever the very highest bracket of player is called.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There no updates about Niles situation yet from reliable English media. So could be just rumors.

Goonger

There's lots saying they'd rather sell Bellerin. But to do that, you need to have a buyer. We've had PSG linked, but all they have offered apparently is a loan with option. Now that seems dead.

We have Barca linked. Apparently they need to sell Semedo first, & also want to low ball us.

That's the main links. That's it. For all we know the management would rather sell Bellerin first, but if no club bids for him, then they can't. It's really that simple. I don't get why people can't grasp this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom