• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,242
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makavelii

We sold low and bought high. Sanchez we could’ve got £80m+ for but were forced into that abhorrent swap deal. Ramsey would’ve comfortably fetched £30m - £40m. Özil would’ve fetched £60m.

Everton paid £45m for Sigurdsson and £27m for Cenk Tosun and Yannick Bolasie but we accepted £15m from them for Walcott.

That’s less than Liverpool got for Jordon Ibe, Solanke and Brewster. Players who did **** all in their careers. I won’t mention the Gnabry fee.

Simultaneously we paid £50m for Laca, £70m for Pepe, £35m for Mustafi and Xhaka. We started recruiting Chelsea rejects to plug gaps.
Part of me wants to disagree with you. But you’re not wrong about any of that.

It is ignoring that we did a few really good deals though like selling Iwobi and buying Cazorla.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The we don't funds argument need to be put on bed we spent 350m last 4 seasons of course we do have funds ffs.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The we don't funds argument need to be put on bed we spent 350m last 4 seasons of course we do have funds ffs.

Cmon Corona means we are losing money compared to previous seasons. Don't have a sugar daddy to cover our losses. We have some cash reserves but we aren't ever going to take a big chunk out of them for transfers. I always believed the reports that said we needed to sell to buy

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We sold low and bought high. Sanchez we could’ve got £80m+ for but were forced into that abhorrent swap deal. Ramsey would’ve comfortably fetched £30m - £40m. Özil would’ve fetched £60m.

Everton paid £45m for Sigurdsson and £27m for Cenk Tosun and Yannick Bolasie but we accepted £15m from them for Walcott.

That’s less than Liverpool got for Jordon Ibe, Solanke and Brewster. Players who did **** all in their careers. I won’t mention the Gnabry fee.

Simultaneously we paid £50m for Laca, £70m for Pepe, £35m for Mustafi and Xhaka. We started recruiting Chelsea rejects to plug gaps.
We hold players for too long, and that hurts us in two ways: a) we're constantly carrying a large group of players who have proven they're not good enough (often times lingering for 2-3+ years longer than they should have), which hurts our squad quality, and; b) After finally accepting we need to shift these players, their long period of underperformance affects their transfer liquidity and fees.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Cmon Corona means we are losing money compared to previous seasons. Don't have a sugar daddy to cover our losses. We have some cash reserves but we aren't ever going to take a big chunk out of them for transfers. I always believed the reports that said we needed to sell to buy
Yes sadly that a factor but also let's not forget we got 32 players and till this moment we struggling to get few sold that played major factor

Makavelii

Lots of doom and gloom here today compared to yesterday.
Not sure what exactly happened overnight to cause this sudden change in mood?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Lots of doom and gloom here today compared to yesterday.
Not sure what exactly happened overnight to cause this sudden change in mood?

Probably because we’re getting closer to the fake deadline set by Aulas, a born liar.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

55 people lost their jobs while the club said that this was necessary partially because it would help us in the market. Was this a lie? Probably but it also means that the corona excuse is more or less invalid now.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Actually we have spent this summer. Only money in is Martinez and we have bought Gavbriel which leaves our balance equal, but we have Pepe payment also.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
You’re joking right? Iwobi deal was ridiculously good for us.

Given the state of the market? No, it wasn't.

£28m rising to £35m for a 23/24-year-old with 100 premier league games under his belt and a FA Cup winners medal when no marks like Solanke went for £19m?

We should have gotten £40m minimum.

Makavelii

Given the state of the market? No, it wasn't.

£28m rising to £35m for a 23/24-year-old with 100 premier league games under his belt and a FA Cup winners medal when no marks like Solanke went for £19m?

We should have gotten £40m minimum.
What? I’m not part of this argument but I’ll step in for @say yes for a sec.

Everyone (Especially Everton) is very aware that we sold Iwobi for much more than he’s worth. We basically conned them out of 10-15 mill.

I’ve never heard anyone say we sold him for too little before. He can’t even crack the Everton lineup and that was predictable.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Transfer window the worst thing about football. Just scrap this abomination and only allow academy players to make it to the first team.

I'd love that, only academy players and trades no more of this capitalist bullsh*t. Wish it was more like American sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom