• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

4 sold out games in 2019:

I cannot find stats on Americans traveling to games but I know teams have booster clubs for fans who do travel to the games to keep those fans organized together and safe, essentially. Just can't find actual numbers on them.

My opinion from talking to my friends and on various comment sections online, NFL fans loving having an extra game at 11am before the 1pm and 4pm kickoffs (EST).
None of that relates to what I was getting at. I was talking about Americans' opinions on this issue, not attendance of overseas games.

And your friends must live on the east coast as most on the west coast heavily dislike the very early game.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Can someone tell me what Kroenke has done to earn himself a Vice Chairman's position in this thing?

Does overseeing the downward spiral of Arsenal both on and off the pitch qualify you for something like that?

The world of the rich elite, where you can only fail upwards.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not gonna lie, I’m not totally against it. Football does need a bit of a revamp and sometimes change is good.
Watching Arsenal get battered every week rather than every other week is gonna take it’s toll on my eyes though.
This is the perfect time to switch team. New football era....no need to suffer forever

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well if you're only interest is in the quality of football or not having Eastern European sides to play then fair enough.

The damage it will cause to the whole football structure in England is much more important to me personally though.

Europe wide this is dangerous as well. Look at the likes of Celtic, Steaua Bucharest and Red Star. They’re all European Champions and they could well cease to exist because of six clubs’ greed.

It’s unrealistic but ideally clubs should be able to keep hold of their own players for a little longer. I look at teams like Zagreb and their academy products are some of the best players in the world.

Now they’re gone by 16 to a feeder club then on to the big time. The system needs breaking up but not like this.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What I don't get is how can you sign up for this if you're Liverpool and there's the possibility you'd no longer play the Merseyside derby? Like how can you abandon your local rivals like that?

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Just listening to Raph Honigstein on 5Live saying the Germans aren't behind this because they think it'll fold.

I am slightly airing on the side of this not happening.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Europe wide this is dangerous as well. Look at the likes of Celtic, Steaua Bucharest and Red Star. They’re all European Champions and they could well cease to exist because of six clubs’ greed.

It’s unrealistic but ideally clubs should be able to keep hold of their own players for a little longer. I look at teams like Zagreb and their academy products are some of the best players in the world.

Now they’re gone by 16 to a feeder club then on to the big time. The system needs breaking up but not like this.

I find it uncomfortable that everyone uses 'Eastern European' clubs as a punching bag synonym for 'bad football' when as you say Zagreb produce some of the finest footballers in Europe, as did Yugoslavia in general before that, as did Hungary before that.

It's pure orientalisation if you ask me, but that's another matter.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has there been any talk of where matches would be played? Home and away etc? I wonder if the plans are eventually for a venues to pay to host games, bit like we see in F1.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Just listening to Raph Honigstein on 5Live saying the Germans aren't behind this because they think it'll fold.

It wont happen if UEFA give these people more money and more opportunities to make money.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

More likely that the German clubs with a few exceptions have the 50+1 ownership rule.

Whatever the issues with that ownership model it at least gives fans a strong voice and stops their clubs getting involved in greedy nonsense like this.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I’m going to so many local games when the pandemic is over anyway. If this happens I think no matter where you are in the world it’s time to go local.

More fun to get out the house, get some fresh air and be around people. Super league can do one.

Or a hybridised culture of fandom develops where you have a TV team and a local team. You go to your local stadium, buy a pie and a programme etc, then go home and watch your TV team as evening entertainment.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I find it uncomfortable that everyone uses 'Eastern European' clubs as a punching bag synonym for 'bad football' when as you say Zagreb produce some of the finest footballers in Europe, as did Yugoslavia in general before that, as did Hungary before that.

It's pure orientalisation if you ask me, but that's another matter.

Football used to be a local game. Clubs from countries like Poland and Belgium could go far in Europe based on the strength of their academies.

The modern day game is a bastardised product of globalisation.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Can the government not intervene? The PL is a national industry. It brings a lot of money and jobs into this country. Destroying the league can be seen as an attack on the UK economy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can the government not intervene? The PL is a national industry. It brings a lot of money and jobs into this country. Destroying the league can be seen as an attack on the UK economy.

Premier League and all its clubs are private companies unfortunately outside of the FA’s control.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom