• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
playing with fire on this one 🧨

if he continues scoring elsewhere & we dont sign a star midfielder could get someone sacked

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine about two years ago off the back of our pre-season being told that Guendouzi would be ostracised, Nelson would be virtually never given a chance, Saliba would have serious question marks over his future and we'd be looking to sell Willock but keep Elneny. You'd have been laughed at for suggesting these things but here we are.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Imagine about two years ago off the back of our pre-season being told that Guendouzi would be ostracised, Nelson would be virtually never given a chance, Saliba would have serious question marks over his future and we'd be looking to sell Willock but keep Elneny. You'd have been laughed at for suggesting these things but here we are.
or Mourinho was appointed :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think Willock could work well with 4-3-3 but with current system i doubt it'll work he not a guy who is going to unlcok deep block defense because we are not newcastle teams always put 7 to 8 men behind the ball.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Willock doesn't fit into our system but Elneny does. Mari and Holding can start in our system but Saliba just can't get the hang of it. Pepe was barely starting until the last couple of months because he wasn't suiting the system. Maybe just maybe the system IS the problem, it's utter **** and it's incredibly restrictive. I promise you any half decent manager gets a lot out of Willock. If Bruce can get 7 goals from 7 games and a play of the month award out of Willock, I'm sure he could something here. But no, because he's not able to fit into our galaxy brain back to back 8th place finishing system we must sell him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Willock would do well with the amount of crosses we put in, a lot of his goals for Newcastle came from crosses.
Yeah he's really good in the air. I remember our FA Cup tie with Newcastle he came close to scoring with a header arriving late into the box. Was a massive feature of his game whilst on loan as well.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Willock would do well with the amount of crosses we put in, a lot of his goals for Newcastle came from crosses.
he is very useful as extra midfielder going in box like Ramsey but Arteta don't play this system he use fullbacks wingers and his number 10 to create Willock have space in this team but keeping him as 4th choice where his value 30M it's mistake like we did with AMN who not only played few games but his value gone down massively.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Really funny how football works sometimes you need 6 good months and your value up like crazy if someone offer us 10M for willock in January i think we'd take it but now after great 6 months loan his value doubled twice. still it's win-win situation whatever the outcome keep or sell big.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
If we get 30m I'll drive Willock upon Tyne myself.

He's obviously not a starter here and we'd be stupid not to sell.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'd be very sad to see Willock leave. Until anything is official I'm still holding out hope that he'll get his chance in the new season but looking doubtful. Still can't quite believe we wasted a season persevering with Ceballos and Elneny.

I agree but at the same time would Willock want to come back and be on the bench? If we bring Neves in Willock is benched, same if we bring Bissouma in. I think there's a chance we could bring Neves & Bissouma in, if thats the case then Willock would hardly get any mins at all. I agree what you say about Ceballos & Elneny though, I would rather have kept Willock here and played him next to Partey when Xhaka was LB.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't have any confidence that we'll buy a better player with the money we bring in, but £30m at least is a good fee which we should hold out for as a minimum. Ideally with a buyback clause.

As others have said, keeping Willock is a gamble to some degree on his development, but he has massive potential which he showed at Newcastle. Personally think we should keep + play but wouldn't be heartbroken if we get north of £30m and reinvest it wisely

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Absolute poverty mate but the new bvm squad wont have it!!

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
i think Willock could work well with 4-3-3 but with current system i doubt it'll work he not a guy who is going to unlcok deep block defense because we are not newcastle teams always put 7 to 8 men behind the ball.
system can be made. talent cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom