• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith-Rowe (Out: Pure Profit)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can dislike Arteta all you want, but Saka and Smith Rowe have both played well under him and almost certainly enjoy working under him at this point in their careers.

Do people who think ESR might leave, only think/hope he does because they hate Arteta? :lol:
Statistically anyway, Saka had a better season under Emery, with most of his games at LB. 🤣

I have no proof but looking at how other players have stagnated I’m pretty sure Saka could be even better than he is now playing in a team that creates more than 2 chances a game.

Symbia

£100m + Grealish and we may consider accepting the offer but it will be a sort of betrayal to ESR, why will he move to Villa from Arsenal if he's already getting first team experience at the better club, better training facilities and staff with, a club a heavy worldwide following?
Martinez wanted first team so as to get his spot in the the national team and we couldn't guarantee him that.

This to me looks like a troll bid, a sort of them telling Arsenal - 'look, we can now rival you in the transfer market', 'we picked Buendia from your under your nose' etc.
The above looks like a sort of trash from local fans of our imaginary rivals but when the club backroom staff start acting in this manner you get to wonder the standard of the local team.

The last of such deluded rivals we had in the past seasons were Stoke fans, I enjoyed the 'rivalry' while it lasted. :drool:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Statistically anyway, Saka had a better season under Emery, with most of his games at LB. 🤣

I have no proof but looking at how other players have stagnated I’m pretty sure Saka could be even better than he is now playing in a team that creates more than 2 chances a game.
But he creates like 50% percent of those 2 chances per game hahahaha... You see! Arteta makes it again! Best manager ever! Cross tactics OP!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Your ranking of ESR is at odds with (dopey) "Football Manager" who wanted to bring in 2 AM's and relegate ESR to mostly cup games. It is that thinking (FM) which is computer game mode, not, as a poster alluded to above, valuing the combination of talent with a player who is Arsenal through and through, which, like Saka, is almost priceless.

I'm not sure though at this point if we bring in a CAM signing this summer, that ESR will probably show at least equal value as a LW as a CAM, a kind of secondary playmaker to counter opposition man.marking tactics. TBD.

Since when has Teta wanted to bring in two AM's?

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
£100m + Grealish and we may consider accepting the offer but it will be a sort of betrayal to ESR, why will he move to Villa from Arsenal if he's already getting first team experience at the better club, better training facilities and staff with, a club a heavy worldwide following?
Martinez wanted first team so as to get his spot in the the national team and we couldn't guarantee him that.

This to me looks like a troll bid, a sort of them telling Arsenal - 'look, we can now rival you in the transfer market', 'we picked Buendia from your under your nose' etc.
The above looks like a sort of trash from local fans of our imaginary rivals but when the club backroom staff start acting in this manner you get to wonder the standard of the local team.

The last of such deluded rivals we had in the past seasons were Stoke fans, I enjoyed the 'rivalry' while it lasted. :drool:
We're not the kind of club that would be making "troll bids".
If we're bidding multiple times then it means we think we can sign him.

Like I said, I can't see you letting him go, and we may be barking up the wrong tree. But the one thing we're not doing is "trolling"

Alexs

You're messing with our heads though. And with Arteta/Edu in charge some of us lack confidence.

Alexs

Although there is evidence for exactly that, it is not the point. Arteta is probably a decent coach. The problem is he's the manager.

Hjalmaar

Been on a roadtrip this week and I'm pretty much out of the loop about our transfers and links. Think this was locked when I last checked and now saw this thread have 10+ pages more. Don't have time to read them all. Is this really a thing again? Heads should roll if we sell him.

Symbia

We're not the kind of club that would be making "troll bids".
If we're bidding multiple times then it means we think we can sign him.

Like I said, I can't see you letting him go, and we may be barking up the wrong tree. But the one thing we're not doing is "trolling"
Mate, your backroom staff thinking they can sign him is even worse than 'troll bids', you do not realise how disrespectful it may seem.

ESR is not just a young star but a special young star who has been receiving special attention - medical and training. He was rated as a bigger star than even Ayo Saka (ie before Saka broke through the first team) and a current squad status of an important part of the first team, in a position we are seriously lacking.
If your backroom staff are not aware of some of the above points before making annoying bids it means you are more qualified for the job.

Villa trying to sign ESR ins Arsenal is like
trying to sign Greenwood in Utd, Mount in Chelsea, Foden in City, etc.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Mate, your backroom staff thinking they can sign him is even worse than 'troll bids', you do not realise how disrespectful it may seem.

ESR is not just a young star but a special young star who has been receiving special attention - medical and training. He was rated as a bigger star than even Ayo Saka (ie before Saka broke through the first team) and a current squad status of an important part of the first team, in a position we are seriously lacking.
If your backroom staff are not aware of some of the above points before making annoying bids it means you are more qualified for the job.

Villa trying to sign ESR ins Arsenal is like
trying to sign Greenwood in Utd, Mount in Chelsea, Foden in City, etc.
It's nothing to do with disrespect. Get over yourselves.

You should direct your anger towards the club. Clearly Villa think we can sign him. Why? We're not just bidding out of the blue. That's not how football works. Why do a club like Aston Villa think they can sign one of your golden boys from under you nose?

You're directing your anger at the wrong people.

The difference with the players you've listed is nobody is trying to sign those players because they know they would be too expensive and wouldn't be interested in leaving.

So why is it different for ESR? Thats' the question you should be asking

blrgooner

Established Member

Hmm I wonder which stats those are. Because Saka played less than 500 minutes in EPL in half a season under Emery and Freddie and played over 1200 minutes(From what I remember) in the remaining half season under Arteta. So obviously lower sample size may have affected the statistics.
Us creating only 2 chances per game is an issue for sure. But my eye tells me that Saka is a much much better player now than he was 1 year back. How much of that is due to Arteta I don`t know but I do think Arteta has given him chances to express himself on the pitch. Just like he did with ESR and Eddie( Which failed). The whole agenda that Arteta doesn`t play youngsters is based on Artetas handling Saliba and Nelson which I don`t think is fair.
Arsenal had the fourth youngest team in the EPL last season if we consider only players who have started at least 5 games.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Has he signed a new contract yet? If not then there may be something to this, most likely his agents using Villa to get him more money.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Villa are tryna get some free big club publicity with this.

It’s funny because it’s all a sham really. In their break through season they still finished 6 points below us. Then with Buendia we obviously didn’t want him as much as them but the press dress it up like they beat us to him. Now they’re bidding for ESR who is not for sale (if he is then the club is finished).

All I’m seeing smoke and no fire from these assholes. Although saying that we’re so poorly run I can see them along with many other teams overtaking us if we don’t start to change.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You should direct your anger towards the club. Clearly Villa think we can sign him. Why? We're not just bidding out of the blue. That's not how football works. Why do a club like Aston Villa think they can sign one of your golden boys from under you nose?

The difference with the players you've listed is nobody is trying to sign those players because they know they would be too expensive and wouldn't be interested in leaving.

Your club is undervaluing our valuation of ESR by tens of millions. These offers are a total joke, they're troll bids. These are the kind of offers that make bad blood between clubs.

I see under 1 % chance that Arsenal would consider selling ESR for under 60 million, and have seen absolutely no indication of ESR being unhappy at his boyhood club where he gets good game-time while being young, playing with good friend and top talent Saka, at a bigger club than Villa who is not in Europe either.

Check yourself and your club. I will only be angry if they're even considering this, or if ESR is stupid enough for this kind of career development. I don't believe in either.

Last edited:

Symbia

Why would someone direct anger towards the club management?
They did not list ESR in the market, the management is not interested in selling him, there is ongoing contract extension for him so how come the bids?

Saka was once long contact row, better clubs with sensible backroom staff like Utd and Liverpool monitored the situation not stupid bidding of young star on contact negotiation.

I will be interesting to tell such things led Villa thinking they can sign player that rejected Barcelona for Arsenal.

I think you should question your clubs motives to transfer moves of this nature; someone might be embezzling giving fans empty hopes.

I won't be suprise if you turn out to be one of Villa scouts. :clap:

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom