• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Still doesn’t prove anything, the last point especially is awful.

Footballer loving football so much that he plays for fun is now a bad thing?!

For sure.

Lad needs to stay off the cameras, load up on that Jollof/pounded yam and stick his head down like his uncle Jay-Jay 🤩

True Naija baller.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We done fantastic for getting that fee for Ox tho.

It’s obvious he’s part of that generation that weren’t serious about ball. Ox, Bellerin, Iwobi etc care more about the lifestyle and what they’ll be doing after their careers are done than actually making the most of their careers.

Good riddance.
That's not fair on Iwobi, he always put effort in and didn't behave silly tryna be a social media guy. He was better than people gave him credit for he created a lot of chances Lacazette fluffed.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That's not fair on Iwobi, he always put effort in and didn't behave silly tryna be a social media guy. He was better than people gave him credit for he created a lot of chances Lacazette fluffed.

Possibly but I think he could have been a lot better than where he’s currently at. Doesn’t seem that focused on football or maybe I just rated him too highly? Felt a whole different vibe from Saka as soon as he broke through.

He can barely make it in the Everton team as they opt for Sigurðsson (straight dud) ahead of him.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Still doesn’t prove anything, the last point especially is awful.

Footballer loving football so much that he plays for fun is now a bad thing?!
Yes, a pro cares his body not risking to injuries playing for not important games.

I don't see Messi or Ronaldo doing that and those guys love and eat football. Football is on their blood, but they have the mentality to win so they do what they can to focus on that, not in useless games.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

On AMN he needs to get his **** together if he wants to save his career. Just stick to fullback ffs

Ox didn’t know his best position but he got lucky with the Liverpool move that their squad has been carrying him to trophies. Can see AMN ending up playing in the championship if he doesn’t fix up and stick to his best position.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Some nice walks not too far from Burnley with it being sandwiched between the Yorkshire Dales and the Peak District.

I've only been once but that's the best I can say about the place :lol: :lol:

Ainsely better get stocked up with North Face gear and some Kendal mint cake.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
As a foreigner, Whats the worst places for a footballer to move in England? In terms of being boring, ****ty etc

Hull has to be up there right? Ipswich maybe but there's some great coastline around (same with Blackpool). Depends if we are talking about just Premierleague and Championship or if you start delving further down...

Pepesuave

In terms of teams in and around the Premier League, Burnley, Swansea, Southampton, Brighton.

In general, Hull, the North East bar Newcastle and Stoke are abominations.

Sheffield isn't great either, but I'll get heat for that one. As a midlander, not sure Birmingham is a great place for a millionaire although the nightlife is decent.
Brighton? Being in the US, I always picture Maimi when Brits mention the South Coast. Guessing that I'm long ways off

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
On AMN he needs to get his **** together if he wants to save his career. Just stick to fullback ffs

Ox didn’t know his best position but he got lucky with the Liverpool move that their squad has been carrying him to trophies. Can see AMN ending up playing in the championship if he doesn’t fix up and stick to his best position.
No.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Brighton? Being in the US, I always picture Maimi when Brits mention the South Coast. Guessing that I'm long ways off
its sh1thole with a beach basically. It is the gay capital of uk and i used to always think people exaggerate about that. Then my friend went to uni over there and said he had dudes hit on him weekly. Even though he is straight he loved the attention

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
its sh1thole with a beach basically. It is the gay capital of uk and i used to always think people exaggerate about that. Then my friend went to uni over there and said he had dudes hit on him weekly. Even though he is straight he loved the attention

Brighton is awesome, what are you talking about? Tons of people leave London to go live down there. It's surrounded by beaches and hills and has some of the best nightlife in the UK. It's an easy hop back to London as well. I mean it's definitely not Miami but you could do a lot worse.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There’s a chance.

He’s already been relegated with West Brom and now he’s been linked with Brentford and there’s no guarantee that they’ll be in the PL next season.

I want him to stay as I’m a massive fan of his but only if he accepts playing at fullback. AMN and Chambers would be enough as RB options imo.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There’s a chance.

He’s already been relegated with West Brom and now he’s been linked with Brentford and there’s no guarantee that they’ll be in the PL next season.

I want him to stay as I’m a massive fan of his but only if he accepts playing at fullback. AMN and Chambers would be enough as RB options imo.
It’s too late for him being a rb now. He never wanted it and never committed to learn the role.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There’s a chance.

Then he should leave. I don't want him at full back man. He's a CM, either play him there or let him go to a team that will play him there. My hope is that in time, he will finally show how good he can be at CM. Problem is, his development has been so screwed up because of this full back business that it's doubtful he will reach his full potential in any position let alone his actual one. He won't reach full potential at RB IMO and as long as people treat him like he owes it to everyone to force himself into a position he obviously hates, he will probably have a similarly hard time at CM. I just hope his next manager + team is the right one for his career (as a midfielder).

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He won't reach full potential at RB IMO and as long as people treat him like he owes it to everyone to force himself into a position he obviously hates, he will probably have a similarly hard time at CM.
lol I really don't get this it's really bad.

Not accusing @Troopz of this, I know likes AMN so wants him to stay and RB is the only way he does that. "Shut up and play RB" really needs to stop though.

Fingers crossed he lands a transfer to a Palace or Brighton and he shows what he's made of.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Then he should leave. I don't want him at full back man. He's a CM, either play him there or let him go to a team that will play him there. My hope is that in time, he will finally show how good he can be at CM. Problem is, his development has been so screwed up because of this full back business that it's doubtful he will reach his full potential in any position let alone his actual one. He won't reach full potential at RB IMO and as long as people treat him like he owes it to everyone to force himself into a position he obviously hates, he will probably have a similarly hard time at CM. I just hope his next manager + team is the right one for his career (as a midfielder).

You know there’s very little chance of that happening as he doesn’t seem like Arteta’s favoured choice in that position. Ideally I’d love if he somehow gives him another shot at RB and then he outlasts Arteta or he ends up getting a chance there and he shines similar to when ESR got his chance in the first team. As a new manager probably gives him a fair chance.

Both Willock and AMN have to outlast Arteta but looking at two, I think Willock will cement himself as a PL regular if he moves to Newcastle and will start most games. AMN however I expect will be shifted to cover many different positions in whatever team he moves to unless it’s a team new to the PL similar to West Brom. Burnley fans on Twitter were saying they think he’ll play RM for them :facepalm:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You know there’s very little chance of that happening as he doesn’t seem like Arteta’s favoured choice in that position. Ideally I’d love if he somehow gives him another shot at RB and then he outlasts Arteta or he ends up getting a chance there and he shines similar to when ESR got his chance in the first team. As a new manager probably gives him a fair chance.

Both Willock and AMN have to outlast Arteta but looking at two, I think Willock will cement himself as a PL regular if he moves to Newcastle and will start most games. AMN however I expect will be shifted to cover many different positions in whatever team he moves to unless it’s a team new to the PL similar to West Brom. Burnley fans on Twitter were saying they think he’ll play RM for them :facepalm:
This would be ideal and very possible with fans back. Another start to the season like last year and there's no saving Mighty Mik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom