• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

No idea. But I guess it isn't just an Arsenal problem. Its a PL problem. When your league receives much more money than other leagues the average salary is always going to be higher.

Nobody is signing for Arsenal for 20m for 50k a week.

It depends on where you’re coming from.

We can’t be throwing the bag at players from the pits of Ligue 2 or the Bumdesliga. As bad as we look at the moment, we still have a massive pull for some players especially that they can move to the PL and live in London.

Frustratedgunner

It depends on where you’re coming from.

We can’t be throwing the bag at players from the pits of Ligue 2 or the Bumdesliga. As bad as we look at the moment, we still have a massive pull for some players especially that they can move to the PL and live in London.
You aren't signing a player from the Budlesiga for 20m and getting him for 40k-50k a week. We may be a massive pull for players coming from inferior teams. But we aren't a pull for anyone who has a couple of decent offers on the table. Hence why we have to pay abit more.

Kysus

The price was set at 15-20M euros. No club are offering money for Bellerin just loans. I'm not sure what part of that you cant grasp?
A 3rd choice RB of a team that finished 8th is clearly not worth 15-20mil€, especially in this market. I'm not sure what part of that you can't grasp?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You aren't signing a player from the Budlesiga for 20m and getting him for 40k-50k a week. We may be a massive pull for players coming from inferior teams. But we aren't a pull for anyone who has a couple of decent offers on the table. Hence why we have to pay abit more.
good players these days not worth 20M if you want good players and they are key member of their squad in germany or france you have to pay north 35M at least. sadly 20m get you average/decent player.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Kolasinac, Leno, Xhaka, Mustafi etc all had offers from what sort of teams?

I’m sure the teams that were interested in those four weren’t willing to double or triple their wages. Napoli were interested in Leno but as we all know Italian clubs are tight and barely offer that much due to their financial restrictions.

Frustratedgunner

Kolasinac, Leno, Xhaka, Mustafi etc all had offers from what sort of teams?

I’m sure the teams that were interested in those four weren’t willing to double or triple their wages. Napoli were interested in Leno but as we all know Italian clubs are tight and barely offer that much due to their financial restrictions.
I am unaware of any team who was willing to pay 40m for Xhaka or 35m for Mustafi. Kolasinac clearly wasn't that highly rated or Bayern would have snapped him up.

All I'm saying is you are not signing any player for 20m and them accepting a 5 year contract on 20k a week. It's not happening in the PL.

Nuno Tavares was on 5k a week at Benfica. We signed him for 7m really cheap signing. And he's on between 30-35k a week if his reported 1.5m a year salary is correct. He's earning 6-7 times what he earned before. That PL football wages for you.

Last edited:

Kysus

We sign Tavares, a promising young LB for like 7mil but want 15-20mil for a crock who is clearly done on the top level.
And then we are surprised we can't move anyone on.

Kysus

A 26 year old who is clearly done at the top level?
On high wages?
Real market value 5mil maybe.

Could get lucky and get a bit more as not everyone knows how bad he has become.

We struggle to move Kola on for any fee at all but then are surprised nobody comes in for Hector for 15-20mil£.
Hilarious.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A 26 year old who is clearly done at the top level?
On high wages?
Real market value 5mil maybe.

Could get lucky and get a bit more as not everyone knows how bad he has become.

5 million :lol: :lol: :lol:

He isn't clearly done at the top level, he's clearly done at Arsenal football club hence why he wants a move. He's a 15M player, easily. You would run the club into the ground with your valuations.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

All I'm saying is you are not signing any player for 20m and them accepting a 5 year contract on 20k a week. It's not happening in the PL.

Nobody is saying offer them 20k for 5 years but we just have to stop doubling or tripling wages for those players. There’s no issue with a wage increase but with some of the players mentioned, it’s actually ridiculous.

Just as an example, Heung-min Son came from the Bumdesliga and years after showing his quality at Sp**s, he recently signed a contract close to 200k a week.

Frustratedgunner

Nobody is saying offer them 20k for 5 years but we just have to stop doubling or tripling wages for those players. There’s no issue with a wage increase but with some of the players mentioned, it’s actually ridiculous.

Just as an example, Heung-min Son came from the Bumdesliga and years after showing his quality at Sp**s, he recently signed a contract close to 200k a week.
Go and check how much Son was on last season before his contract renewal and tell me what it was please.

Also check what his initial wage was when he signed for Sp**s.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Go and check how much Son was on last season before his contract renewal and tell me what it was please.

Well of course the figures aren’t exact but I can see he was on roughly 80k (which is still less than Kolasinac) when he signed for Sp**s and they rewarded him with an increase twice since he’s been there. Probably based on his the flashes of brilliance that he’s shown.

Not bad without going all out straight away like we done with Willian, Cedric, Mari, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Leno etc.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Im sure we would consider a reduced fee but we have not had any offers apart from loans afaik.
You cant just loan everyone out. We still have to find 'solutions' for Sead & Lucas T ffs.

Frustratedgunner

Well of course the figures aren’t exact but I can see he was on roughly 80k (which is still less than Kolasinac) when he signed for Sp**s and they rewarded him with an increase twice since he’s been there. Probably based on his the flashes of brilliance that he’s shown.

Not bad without going all out straight away like we done with Willian, Cedric, Mari, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Leno etc.
He signed with a contract of £93,000 a week. A 20m signing from the Budesliga. Similar to Leno.

He was then rewarded with a rise to 140k.

At 29 he's been rewarded with 200k a week.

I'm not justifying paying Kolasinac big wages or Leno big wages. I'm merely saying that it is what happens at PL clubs.

If you are signing for Sp**s/Arsenal/West Ham/Villa etc for 20m you are not getting handed 30k a week. Buendia who was signed from the Championship is probably on 70-80k a week at Villa. Its the going rate.

My issue is signing free had beens who can't get a contract anywhere else and handing them 70-80k. But that's on Edu and Mikel. They make those decisions. Not Kronke.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Bellerin should serve as a reminder to most Arsenal fans. Not all young talent will be world class. Or even very good. As a top level footballer his ability is average at best. Another player we've tried to develop at the expense of the the club.
And he is one of the relative 'success' stories tbf.

The state of the squad is shocking.

Good news is Carl Jenkinson is available to come back if we manage to shift hector 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom