• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Raphinha will replace Pepe in the squad, both are left footed wingers, but Raphinha is more capable of playing on the LW too. How hard is this to understand?

Arteta hasn't rated Pepe and that's the only reason why he has played so little. He has had to play Saka all the time, more than is wise and it has affected his consistency in performances later in the season.

Raphinha is more proven than ESR and Martinelli, so he won't come here to "bench". Anyone should realize that even as an idea, for a player of his quality.
Ok

Malky

Established Member
Imagine holding out for Barca in 2022, do they not know that they're dusted and on a downward spiral.
They're just lucky they've got elite level kids like Gavi and Pedri coming through.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So yeah, basically there is every chance Raphina could come here and end up on bench I'm not gonna lie to you. You're being dismissed but you have a point.

Arteta does what he wants, we don't know what this means for Saka or any of the players should Raphinha actually come.
In any team that has ambition, any player can end up on the bench if they don't perform.

drippin

Raphina ain’t coming for our bench. Beardo has a point.

I find it strange how we are targeting positions that are of least concern to us.
No one has said Raphinha will come to our bench, don't need to be exactly a brainiac to realize that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Raphinha wouldn’t want to sit on the bench in EPL just to play EL.

Probably better get that right footed if the purpose is to play on the left.

How do you know so much about what Raphinha wants?

And why are you not on Redcafe, sharing your "wisdom" there?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

I find it strange how we are targeting positions that are of least concern to us.
maybe we are just reading it wrong... we all assumed Arteta saw the striker position as an issue last season but maybe it was the attack in general he wants to rip up

renewing Eddie shows how he rates him & Arteta was starting other strikers ahead of Eddie up till very late 🤷‍♂️

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If you're on the right side of 25 and a known international attacking player in a top 3 league that's more or less market price..

That's why Jesus is such a coup, if he had 2 or 3 years remaining off the back of another prem title he wouldn't have been worth it.

Agreed.

When you look at some of the signings post COVID, the likes of Buendia (40m) and Ferran Torres (49m) moved for inflated fees. Even West Ham just signed Nayef Aguerd from Ligue 1 for (31m). That’s not even taking into account the English players like Sancho, Ben White, Grealish etc who made big money moves. So it doesn’t surprise me why Leeds value their best player for in Raphinha at 60m+.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

In any team that has ambition, any player can end up on the bench if they don't perform.
Well yeah that's what he's going to have to weigh up. Arsenal you risk being devalued, you will be benched for kids, you will be playing for a whimsical manager who doesn't really gets questioned. Playing that role for Barca isn't as bad.

If I was his friends and family I would advise him to do what he's doing basically and just wait for Barca as long as you can.

Arsenal is a step up from Leeds I suppose, but the stakes are much much higher. He could easily be Pepe in 2 years time.

SA Gunner

So yeah, basically there is every chance Raphina could come here and end up on bench I'm not gonna lie to you. You're being dismissed but you have a point.

Arteta does what he wants, we don't know what this means for Saka or any of the players should Raphinha actually come.

@UnitedBeard is being dismissed because she has no idea about what Raphinha wants. There's nothing more to it really.

If she is insecure about our potential business dealings she should just say so, instead of telling us her fantasies. We really shouldnt be entertaining her nonsense.

drippin

Well yeah that's what he's going to have to weigh up. Arsenal you risk being devalued, you will be benched for kids, you will be playing for a whimsical manager who doesn't really gets questioned. Playing that role for Barca isn't as bad.

If I was his friends and family I would advise him to do what he's doing basically and just wait for Barca as long as you can.

Arsenal is a step up from Leeds I suppose, but the stakes are much much higher. He could easily be Pepe in 2 years time.
Well surely he will choose Barcelona over Arsenal. It's expected, only issue is if Barcelona has the money.

But as we saw with Vlahovic, even Juve had money when it was rumoured that they don't. So I'm not that hopeful here.

Malky

Established Member

Least concern? We just ignoring the lack of goalscorers in the team?
Take Saka out the side and add up how many goals our current wide players contributed last season. It's not exactly good reading.
Raphinha improves the starting 11.

SA Gunner

Well surely he will choose Barcelona over Arsenal. It's expected, only issue is if Barcelona has the money.

But as we saw with Vlahovic, even Juve had money when it was rumoured that they don't. So I'm not that hopeful here.

Look, you cannot deny Barca's pull, they are a massive club. We remain favourites because we have the money to spend now, and money talks.

I think we need to push this deal hard before Barca get their ducks in a row. Make them break whatever they need to break to get him, so that they **** themselves in the process.

TinFish

How do you know so much about what Raphinha wants?

And why are you not on Redcafe, sharing your "wisdom" there?
I’m also on red cafe sharing my valuable opinion on there sometimes. It’s just the level of excitement here is cringeworthy.

Happy to hold my hands in the air if we pull off both Martinez and Raphina but never in my time supporting Arsenal have we behaved like this.

SA Gunner

I’m also on red cafe sharing my valuable opinion on there sometimes. It’s just the level of excitement here is cringeworthy.

Happy to hold my hands in the air if we pull off both Martinez and Raphina but never in my time supporting Arsenal have we behaved like this.

Its all good to share opinion.

Where I have a problem is when someone is completely guessing, but speaking as if its facts. I mean, why must we put up with such rubbish?

TinFish

Least concern? We just ignoring the lack of goalscorers in the team?
Take Saka out the side and add up how many goals our current wide players contributed last season. It's not exactly good reading.
Raphinha improves the starting 11.
I assume we are signing jesus for goals. Our MF/ Full back depth is concerning.

Raphina don’t play LW. So either saka is going there which will limit his productivity or he will be rotated more. Raphina will be a nailed on starter. Who makes way is the question which is why I find these rumours strange.

Malky

Established Member
Look, you cannot deny Barca's pull, they are a massive club. We remain favourites because we have the money to spend now, and money talks.

I think we need to push this deal hard before Barca get their ducks in a row. Make them break whatever they need to break to get him, so that they **** themselves in the process.
Genuinely think Barca are broke. @drippin compared them to Juve, but Juve have a history of just being cheap bastards
Because what happens even if they sell De Jong? They'll just blow more money on Raphinha and next summer they'll be back in this same financial mess.
Right now they remind me of a millionaire who's made some awful financial decisions, blew their fortune, but continue to talk infront of their millionaire mates about buying new cars, houses etc just to keep up the appearance, even though they're sliding into debt and closer to being bankrupt.
Recently read that they still owe Pique a crazy amount of money. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom