• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Thats fine man obviously punches above his height.
Good enough for backup CB but ngl if he comes up against Haaland, Nunez, Toney etc im still concerned. Prem is different gravy to eredivision.

I really like the look of him & more than happy if he is as a squad player/LB which i think will be his role but just not so much if he is playing CB every week.
I'm sure Arteta has seen enough of Holding and wants to improve the quality of the squad, rather than have a useless player on the bench who he can't trust to rotate for his tactics.

Gabriel would play all the games against strong & tall attackers, especially EPL. Martinez would play cup games etc. as LCB, but also could play EPL if the other team hasn't got such a bully striker.

Martinez would also rotate with Tierney, and possibly DMF. Or take the starting position if good enough for those roles, which he looks like he could be. Of course we know the injury-proneness of some players too. So he can expect to play a lot.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You going to tag me everyday in some nonsense? Pendejo.
Jajajajajajajajaja lol!! That insult make laugh a lot!! It's funny reading someone using mexican insults :lol:... Every day? Come on I never tag you, don't be a drama queen! It's just a little kiss with @Macho
The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Jajajajajajajajaja lol!! That insult make laugh a lot!! It's funny reading someone using mexican insults :lol:... Every day? Come on I never tag you, don't be a drama queen! It's just a little kiss with @Macho
The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
This has gone over my head, but just incase anybody is wondering - there is plenty of Macho to go around 😎

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we signing bunch of Brazilians, we really shouldn’t sign an Argentinian. You have to go one side or the other. I would side with the Brazilians any day of the week ahead of Argies

Badger_Revenge

With Fabio signed and Jesus coming eventually, I think this guy is the most important signing left (short of real striker, which isn't going to happen).

We have suffered mightily from injury woes to Partey and Tierney the last two years. It probably cost us the CL this year. He'll get a ton of games, so he won't really be a backup. He gives us quality in all competitions.

I could see them paying 45 million for him, he is that important.

Legend14

Established Member
A superfan gave his assessment about the player and said he is not best at LB, and that he didn’t excel until he was moved to LCB. I think we still need a quality Tierney replacement.

drippin

With Fabio signed and Jesus coming eventually, I think this guy is the most important signing left (short of real striker, which isn't going to happen).

We have suffered mightily from injury woes to Partey and Tierney the last two years. It probably cost us the CL this year. He'll get a ton of games, so he won't really be a backup. He gives us quality in all competitions.

I could see them paying 45 million for him, he is that important.
Absolutely, and with those injury-prone players and Gabriel being only LCB he knows he gets a lot of game time at Arsenal.

Plus we are ahead of United in rebuild.

Although it would be interesting to see 80 million Maguire being benched by a midget LCB. That would be worth a lot of money to see too. :lol:

drippin

A superfan gave his assessment about the player and said he is not best at LB, and that he didn’t excel until he was moved to LCB. I think we still need a quality Tierney replacement.
He wouldn't be a basic LB in our tactics very likely.

But sure if they have the money, they might buy Hickey too. I just don't see it likely with our needs.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
What's a 'superfan' ? As in Ajax or him?

How are they different from just 'fans' ? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom