• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Said it before. I think they'll try for a winger and if they can't get one Tielemans will be a last minute signing with Vieira getting more minutes out wide.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Like i've been saying, Fab Vieria just an odd signing if this is the case. The tweet basically says we are interested in Tielemans but need to sell first. He might turn out to be great, but, with Tielemans you have a player who is ready to come in and make a difference now, someone who can play LCM or RCM now.

We had Patino/Salah as AM for the future.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Said it before. I think they'll try for a winger and if they can't get one Tielemans will be a last minute signing with Vieira getting more minutes out wide.
There been links with Arthur again. Tielemans will likely depend on sales and how much money we get we still not even sold Leno. Very frustrating

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Like i've been saying, Fab Vieria just an odd signing if this is the case. The tweet basically says we are interested in Tielemans but need to sell first. He might turn out to be great, but, with Tielemans you have a player who is ready to come in and make a difference now, someone who can play LCM or RCM now.

We not sure these tow will make it here also i feel we didn't want to lose out Vieira Liverpool were very interested he got really big potential. If Patino really developed well he can take easily xhaka place

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
You recieve: torreira, amn, holding and three fiddy
We receive: tielemans and first round pick for 23 draft

Asana y u no hire me as head honcho negotiator

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Fab Vieira is more of a 10 than an 8 and can play wide. He simply isn't a factor in this.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Fab Vieira is more of a 10 than an 8 and can play wide. He simply isn't a factor in this.
He hasn't the pace, the burst, or the ability to beat a man to play wide in The Barclays. Tielemans would have solved 2 positions, competition/cover for both Xhaka and Ødegaard. 3 players with PL experience and quality for 2 positions.

Vieira just provides back up for Ødegaard, and there is no telling how long it will take him to settle, it could be instant, it could be a season, it could never happen. He's a bit of an unknown when we need certainties.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He hasn't the pace, the burst, or the ability to beat a man to play wide in The Barclays. Tielemans would have solved 2 positions, competition/cover for both Xhaka and Ødegaard. 3 players with PL experience and quality for 2 positions.

Vieira just provides back up for Ødegaard, and there is no telling how long it will take him to settle, it could be instant, it could be a season, it could never happen. He's a bit of an unknown when we need certainties.
Would you say Bernardo Silva has the pace to burst past a player? While he plays central a lot sometimes he does drift out wider. I don't think Vieira will ever be a touchline winger but one that drifts in while the full back overlaps.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Would you say Bernardo Silva has the pace to burst past a player? While he plays central a lot sometimes he does drift out wider. I don't think Vieira will ever be a touchline winger but one that drifts in while the full back overlaps.
Yes, Bernardo is a much more illusive dribbler from what I’ve seen. He can beat multiple men just because he’s so nimble and intelligent. Vieira tends to almost beat a man, check back and pass.

I’m just going on clips I’ve watched, by no means an expert on Vieira. I feel the Bernardo comparisons are a little lazy if I’m honest. It might sound like I’m being harsh on him, I hope he proves me wrong, but I just feel 30m is too much when Bissouma was there for 25, when Tielemans is there for 30, when Paqueta is there.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Not like you to have a negative take.

There is more than one way to play wide. Santi Cazorla was excellent for us wide and no-one could claim he had pace or burst equal to Vieira, who isn't some trundler.

For the price we paid, you don't get certainties. Indeed the only players we've ever really paid 'certainty' prices (given market rates at the time) were Pepe, Partey, Laca, Auba, Özil and Reyes. Bit of a mixed bag.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yes, Bernardo is a much more illusive dribbler from what I’ve seen. He can beat multiple men just because he’s so nimble and intelligent. Vieira tends to almost beat a man, check back and pass.

I’m just going on clips I’ve watched, by no means an expert on Vieira. I feel the Bernardo comparisons are a little lazy if I’m honest. It might sound like I’m being harsh on him, I hope he proves me wrong, but I just feel 30m is too much when Bissouma was there for 25, when Tielemans is there for 30, when Paqueta is there.
Clearly money isn't a huge issue this summer. Similar to last. If Vieira can come in and cover EL, and cup games while developing and providing decent cover for Ødegaard and maybe sometimes come on last 20 to provide something I'm OK with that.

Tielemans could still be an option. Vieira covers Ødegaard and sometimes a wider position or 8 when we know we are having like 70% of the ball.

Like yourself I haven't seen much of him but I'm comfortable that he will offer us something in the final 3rd that we may be lacking sometimes.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Not like you to have a negative take.

There is more than one way to play wide. Santi Cazorla was excellent for us wide and no-one could claim he had pace or burst equal to Vieira, who isn't some trundler.

For the price we paid, you don't get certainties. Indeed the only players we've ever really paid 'certainty' prices (given market rates at the time) were Pepe, Partey, Laca, Auba, Özil and Reyes. Bit of a mixed bag.
Why do you always have to get personal? You seem to get triggered that my ball knowledge is superior to yours. I’m not always negative. Last summer I pushed for and was delighted when we got Ødegaard, this season for Jesus, I’m happy with Zinchenko.

You don’t have to be happy with everything. If Vieira was 10m, great, but 30m for me, from what I’ve seen of him, is not the best way to take this club forward right now.

Also, lol at comparing him to Cazorla. Cazorla, like Bernardo, like Nasri are elite level dribblers that’s why they could play on the wing.

Gunners1616

85 pages already... This better happen.

Otherwise if Partey is out or injured we are back to a duo Elneny - Xhaka. I would feel much more confident with Xhaka - Tielemans if Partey is out.

If we end up not signing anyone in midfield and Partey gets injured at some point (like in the last 2 seasons) then the drop in level is massive. Having done such a nice window just to end up short in the most important sector would be sad.

I'm already not trusting Tomiyasu's fitness and getting mentally ready for a Cedric vs. Zaha on day 1 so i hope our season won't also be based on Partey's fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom