• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Nicolas Pepe (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think he needs trust to do well.

I thought he’d be suited to a spark plug role off the bench but I think he’s actually a guy who needs to play every week to build confidence.

His game seemed so tied into his confidence, you could tell when he was feeling it he’d try more outrageous things and they’d come off.

Similar to a Taarabt type imo.
Top post. You could see by the end of year 1 he was coming into his own. He helped win the FA Cup win and was playing very well in the last few games. But then Arteta bought Willian and he become ‘substitute boy‘ pretty much from then on. OK he had the odd run of starts now and again but he was never nurtured, relied on or wanted.

In his career, playing right wing he’s scored 57 goals in 167 starts, that’s 1 in 3, not too shabby. And 40 assists too. He’s got plenty of technical ability but needs the confidence of the manager and other players to be consistent. He’s not going to get that here, so needs to leave asap. A great buy for someone like Potter who might get the best out of him. £15-20m tops now he’s ruined.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He could maybe build his rep back up in the Europa League next season?
Main problem we have with Pepe as well as him not being a good fit for our style is quite simply he is a 30-35m footballer that we spent over 70m on. Unfortunately because the European market has dried up we will struggle to get over 20m.

edu gets a lot of stick for not getting good fees for our players but the market is what it is.
People go ape that we finished 8th for a couple of season's understandably but the squad was packed full of ageing declining players who largely weren't good enough.

We have already got rid of a lot of deadwood but even now after we have trimmed the squad of people like Mustafi , kola et al, how many of our considered 'better' surplus players are wanted by decent prem clubs let alone considered good enough for a top 4 chasing one?

Maybe a mid level prem club could take a punt on Pepe but there doesn't seem to be a big chase on for him?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Pepe isn't, nor has ever been good enough for us. He has never been reliable or dependable.

It was just a disaster of a signing and the club should accept they completely got it wrong and try to get whatever we can for him.

All this, he needs to play to get confidence or form or whatever. No he needed to step up when he got an opportunity. You can't play a liability for 10 matches until he gets confidence.

TheDrunkenMaster

I think we should play him more frequently the guy got 10 league goals in 15 starts two seasons ago and and was one of our better performers in our fa cup winning run and big games. We lack goals and he has end product. Martinelli for example scored two goals in his last 19 league starts, one of them being a penalty.

Would like to see this in easier home games

Martinelli Jesus Pepe
Saka Ødegaard
Partey
Zinchenko Gabriel Saliba Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think we should play him more frequently the guy got 10 league goals in 15 starts two seasons ago and and was one of our better performers in our fa cup winning run and big games. We lack goals and he has end product. Martinelli for example scored two goals in his last 19 league starts, one of them being a penalty.

Would like to see this in easier home games

Martinelli Jesus Pepe
Saka Ødegaard
Partey
Zinchenko Gabriel Saliba Tomiyasu
Ramsdale
One question. Why did you specifically select " the last 19 games"? Why not all season?

Martinelli had 12 goals/assists last season in the PL. Pepe 3.

Now if we breakdown the numbers per minutes Martinelli had a goal or assist every 155.5mins. Pepe had a g/a every 227 minutes.

The stats there show Martinelli is more creative than Pepe. Obviously Martinelli starts more and it can be hard to impact games of the bench. But there's a reason Pepes only trusted with 10-15 mins here and there.

Pepe has shown so many limitations as a footballer that he will never ever be a starter for a top 6 PL side. He would probably even struggle to start at the likes of WH or Wolves. His ship has sailed in my opinion and he should look to move onto a league were teams can accommodate his flaws because the level of opposition is easier.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's just starved of service any time he plays really. When Saka plays on the right everyone is always heads up looking to find him and get him involved but when Pepe comes on the rest of the team don't have that same confidence in him and he has none either.

I'm not even counting him as a player for us at this point. Let him go and try and revive his career elsewhere, it's best for everybody.
Saka be screaming for the ball all the time though, don’t even know what Pepe sounds like.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Top post. You could see by the end of year 1 he was coming into his own. He helped win the FA Cup win and was playing very well in the last few games. But then Arteta bought Willian and he become ‘substitute boy‘ pretty much from then on. OK he had the odd run of starts now and again but he was never nurtured, relied on or wanted.

In his career, playing right wing he’s scored 57 goals in 167 starts, that’s 1 in 3, not too shabby. And 40 assists too. He’s got plenty of technical ability but needs the confidence of the manager and other players to be consistent. He’s not going to get that here, so needs to leave asap. A great buy for someone like Potter who might get the best out of him. £15-20m tops now he’s ruined.
This is such a selective narrative. He got plenty of minutes post Willian (especially in Europe) , and for the first half of the season, despite some nice EL goals, he was truly awful.

In his career, his last season at Lille was the only one he hasn't been **** until Xmas. Its bizarre, as before last season, he always has these great late season runs.

As for the rest, he has good end product. He's a great finisher when he's feeling it, and a decent creator too. But when he's bad....oof.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
So overrated by the crew who fetichises him here. Had one good spell at the end of the 20-21 season but for the rest he's been ****.

Total myth that he hasn't been given a chance here, too. He started for long periods of 20-21 and came into last season starting. It's just we've always found that the team has been better with other options, namely Saka who is just better in his position, and also ESR and Martinelli on the left proving to be better.

He's got good end product but he's one of those players who has pace but moves slowly with the ball at his feet, and he is deficient in combination and possession. Better players than him are struggling or have struggled to make it at the top level (Pulisic, Rashford, Ziyech, for example).

In short, enough has been written about this player. The lack of interest in him from top sides says it all about how overrated this player has been around here. As I said after a half season of watching him in his first season here, we should've sold and cut our losses before the bloom was well off the rose.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I don’t know the guy but I know this is nonsense, cause it’s France or bust with Pepe.
Sevilla was linked few weeks back by someone else as well. They are coming to emirates cup. Some possibility there to take him on the way back? :lol: if he ends up staying, it's going to be bad for both him and the club. Though he has been very professional till now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There some rumors about Newcastle interest. But it's weak and don't think there truth in it for now

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sevilla was linked few weeks back by someone else as well. They are coming to emirates cup. Some possibility there to take him on the way back? :lol: if he ends up staying, it's going to be bad for both him and the club. Though he has been very professional till now.

I don’t know a lot about transfers, I just pay attention to Pepe’s interviews.

He cited language barrier as one of the difficulties he’s had, which makes me think Newcastle or Sevilla is unrealistic despite the fans desperate to see the back of him.

I’d sooner believe loans to France with options to buy or him waiting for his contract to run out before anything else.

Pepesuave

I don’t know the guy but I know this is nonsense, cause it’s France or bust with Pepe.
I've always thought Newcastle would be a good landing spot for Pepe. He is a massive upgrade on the likes of Almiron, Fraser and Murphy that regularly play the right attacking role. He is guaranteed goals for an up-and-coming team that wouldn't be expected to dominate possession consistently

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I've always thought Newcastle would be a good landing spot for Pepe. He is a massive upgrade on the likes of Almiron, Fraser and Murphy that regularly play the right attacking role. He is guaranteed goals for an up-and-coming team that wouldn't be expected to dominate possession consistently

I’d love to see him prove a point in England so who knows.

If it didn’t work in London though, I don’t see how it’s going to work up North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom