• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are all assuming that Tierney will leave mainly because he doesn't suit the inverted full back role, it did occur to me that might not always be the case.

Successful teams get worked out and to sustain success they need to change things up. Man City and Liverpool both evolved quite a bit during their 4-5 year tussle with each other.

I still think he is a dead cert to leave though all the same :lol:

I agree with what you’re saying. I like having both KT and Zinny as they provide complete different styles, it gives us more variety. I’d like another “traditional” style fullback to come in to replace KT.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We are all assuming that Tierney will leave mainly because he doesn't suit the inverted full back role, it did occur to me that might not always be the case.

Successful teams get worked out and to sustain success they need to change things up. Man City and Liverpool both evolved quite a bit during their 4-5 year tussle with each other.

i think it's more down to Tierney quality to be starter in majority of teams he'll likely pushing to leave but if he happy here i wouldn't even consider selling he perfect backup/competition to have.

LittleMo

I agree with what you’re saying. I like having both KT and Zinny as they provide complete different styles, it gives us more variety. I’d like another “traditional” style fullback to come in to replace KT.

KT is excellent at that classic fullback role though. There’s not much point in selling him and bringing in a poorer version.

blaze_of_glory

That's what City said about us last season, no?

Look think its an ideal move for KT. Love the guy but we need to make some dosh as well, and free up squad space. Think its a no brainer, and all KT needs is a league medal to take along.
Yeah I was all in on keeping both KT and Zinchenko as it gives us fantastic depth at LB. But I thought the starts would be more evenly split between the two of them. Arteta clearly wants Zinchenko playing pretty much at all times when healthy, in the league at least. KT would be wasting his prime years here unfortunately.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
KT's been a very solid pro for us.

I think at times we forget that for his first 2+ years here he was consistently a top 3 player for us. One of the few bright spots of a not very happy era.

Circumstances ( injury issues) and tactics have largely left him out in the cold. He's still a very good conventional LB though.

Ideally I wouldn't want to sell him to Newcastle as I think he'd improve them and they have to be viewed as a potential threat going forwards, but considering the way he's conducted himself here and the fact we'd probably get better money from them than any other club, I'd consider it.

I'd want £40m ideally but maybe accept £35m.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Saw Tavares played against PSG yesterday. He was quite decent. Great motor en strong imposing body. Another weapon we can use when we are up at the end of the game and need to close out the game with his defence and on the counter.

I watched the Marseille vs PSG game last night too and even as someone who thinks Nuno T has the tools to succeed, I have to admit that he was getting absolutely cooked by his compatriot Nuno Mendes. Ngl it wasn’t his best game.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Assume he will leave as he seems the type that wants to play. Also, no matter what way you try and cut it, the lad really doesn't look very happy recently.

Please stay KT!!!!!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I've always liked Tierney as a character and he's a largely effective player when fit but his spell out of the side seems to have made everyone forget that when he does actually play he immediately gets hurt and you can't count on his fitness at all. It's not like he's Partey where his injury record is bad but he's so head and shoulders above the alternatives in his position that you persist with him regardless. He definitely does offer a different option to Zinchenko and one that probably works better in certain situations but you also can't in good conscience count on his body withstanding regular minutes and so that for me makes it easy to move on and get someone else to back up/ compete with Zinchenko.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He deserves game time though. No point keeping him around if we’re not going to use him. I’d sell for and bring in maybe a younger guy that’s more willing to be a backup.

This is a problem of our own making.

That younger guy soon starts playing every week and at places like Anfield & Old Trafford when we're going for 4 competitions next season and Zinchenko's injury history rears it's ugly head.

It's not like they'll miraculously improve without regular football or as a squad filler either, so there's the conundrum. We've seen it with Nuno.

I still think there's scope for both Tierney and Zinchenko to play in the same XI. Zinchenko's a multifunctional player so he should be playing in midfield once in a while, and sit Xhaka out.

It makes no sense to me that we aren't using him more.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is a problem of our own making.

That younger guy soon starts playing every week and at places like Anfield & Old Trafford when we're going for 4 competitions next season and Zinchenko's injury history rears it's ugly head.

It's not like they'll miraculously improve without regular football or as a squad filler either, so there's the conundrum. We've seen it with Nuno.

I still think there's scope for both Tierney and Zinchenko to play in the same XI. Zinchenko's a multifunctional player so he should be playing in midfield once in a while, and sit Xhaka out.

It makes no sense to me that we aren't using him more.

You obviously sign a guy that you think is ready to be a first 11 player. Nuno was definitely a punt, and although he did ok, just wasn’t ready for the level we were playing at.

I think the position we will be in we can attract a top prospect to come in.

On Zinchenko, he’s definitely a fullback for me, doubt he has the energy/physicality to play in midfield for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom