• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I wasn't sure I wanted Rice initially, but I've come to value having his personality in the squad. Especially with Xhaka leaving. I don't think any other team is getting the jump on us on this one.

He's a pretty athletic guy who can play. I don't see him as just a sitting number 6. We are building 2 ways of playing. Rice, partey/jorginho and Ødegaard seems "hard to beat". Havertz Ødegaard Partey/Jorginho seems more designed to blow teams away.

The big concern I have is if both Xhaka and Partey leave in one window. That's a new midfield entirely and is somewhat unpredictable.

Yes, having to rebuild cohesion with both Xhaka and TP5 gone is going to take some time. Even if we bring in both Rica and Lavia/Caicedo.

Should be enough for a top 4 challenge next season, but it will leave us short for a title win IMO. City have now settled down and are likely to give us another long flawless run for long parts of next season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
There’s no way Declan Rice plays as an 8 in a Pep Guardiola team. I rate the guy highly, think his technical level is a bit underrated but look at the 8s Pep has had in the past: KDB, Gundogan, Silva, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta ect.

Us clearing out Partey is even more proof we’re rolling out the red carpet for him.
Surely that’s the type of players we should be looking to sign as well? Technical ability over everything in midfield.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

So, is it decided yet, who is this genius of football going to replace, Partey, Xhaka, Jesus, Ramsdale.. or maybe Arteta?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It would be interesting to see Rice as a lone pivot during pre-season and how much of the space he can cover on his own.

Reason being is because I want us to use White and Kiwior as our right back, left back combination. With our fullbacks inverting and overlapping dynamically depending on the game situation. This keeps our attack potent, with higher attacking numbers (4-6, 3-7), in addition to having a solid defence.

Something like..

Rice
Kiwior--Gabriel--Saliba---White

You play this against teams who want to be physical and counter attack.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It would be interesting to see Rice as a lone pivot during pre-season and how much of the space he can cover on his own.

Reason being is because I want us to use White and Kiwior as our right back, left back combination. With our fullbacks inverting and overlapping dynamically depending on the game situation. This keeps our attack potent, with higher attacking numbers (4-6, 3-7), in addition to having a solid defence.

Something like..

Rice

I had also thought about this.

You'd play Ode & Havertz as dual 10s in front of Rice & behind the front 3.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surely that’s the type of players we should be looking to sign as well? Technical ability over everything in midfield.

For the number 8 position definitely.

I think Rice is a DM for us all day long though, and would be a really good one at that. I don’t really get this idea that he plays further forward in a better team, England are better than West Ham and he’s a DM for them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Something like..

Rice

Kiwior is the interesting one for me. When you break down our potential CB options next season, we’ve got Saliba/Gabriel who will primarily operate in the centre of the defence, and then White/Timber/Tomi who are the hybrids that can move out wide if needed.

We haven’t seen much of Kiwior so don’t know which category he’ll fall into, but it would be really useful if we could play him at LB.

pettr

Kiwior is the interesting one for me. When you break down our potential CB options next season, we’ve got Saliba/Gabriel who will primarily operate in the centre of the defence, and then White/Timber/Tomi who are the hybrids that can move out wide if needed.

We haven’t seen much of Kiwior so don’t know which category he’ll fall into, but it would be really useful if we could play him at LB.
We played him as LB the last couple of games if I remember correctly. He was very defensive, not much going forward. The sample size is small, so don't think we can judge him based on few games. Hopefully he will be good for us, remember Lewandowski interview where he spoke positive of him...

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We played him as LB the last couple of games if I remember correctly. He was very defensive, not much going forward. The sample size is small, so don't think we can judge him based on few games. Hopefully he will be good for us, remember Lewandowski interview where he spoke positive of him...

Think he looks quite good. Fast, tall good on the ball. He needs to get used to the team and league ect and probably bulk up a bit, but think he looks promising.

He played LB at Forest and struggled a bit, but the whole team was poor. The question is if he’s comfortable defending 1v1 out wide, like White, Tomi and Timber are.

If we can get Rice and Timber Arteta is putting together a pretty formidable group of defensive players.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m not too concerned personally. City would have to be idiots to sign him, in their system he can only play in Rodri’s position. I know they have money but they spend it wisely. £100m for someone who they don’t have a real position for is ridiculous.

Ten Haag said he doesn’t even know what his budget is as United try to sort out ownership. They’re cheaping out on Mount for this reason (and they need a CF badly) so there is no chance they come in for Rice at the moment. 90% sure Rice picks us over them anyway as we have put a lot of time into this + Arteta seems to have an insane pull with some players.

I see this being concluded in the next 3-4 business days.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This is definitely cultural
Not necessarily, I’m Armenian with my parents being born in Middle Eastern countries where rice is big, but my preference is not rice.

When given a choice of all of them (living in a city like London with diverse food options and cuisines) people will gravitate to whatever they like best.

But yeah of course in those particular nations where it is a bit more limited to the cultural choice of carb, people will naturally go down that pathway.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If anyone reliable says City are prepared to bid then Rice has obviously told them he’d be open to join.

That’s being said, no one reliable has said they’d bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom