• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenio Venger

Imagine if we failed to agree a fee still.

West Ham like

giphy.gif

ash_rasul

Sounds like it isn't the fee that's the problem but the fact that we want to pay it over 4 years and West Ham want it paid in 18 months.
Pretty hefty bridge to gap in my eyes.

We should leave the bid to cook as it is imo. Ain't nobody beating that, and WH will eventually bite.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rice probably won't ever hit the absolute highs of Partey on form. Fit and on form Partey is as good as anyone. Problem is his troughs are as low as his highs are high and there are injury and off field question marks over him. He is not reliable tbh nor at an age where he's going to improve.

What Rice will give you is 7-8/ 10 consistency. He rarely has a bad game and is rarely injured. His defensive work and positioning is way above Parteys also. He's got a monster workrate / engine too. He's not going to get overrun defensively as happened to Partey at times last season.

What he needs to add is a bit of subtlety and finesse on the ball at times which I think he is more than capable of in a side playing more possession based / attacking football.

Rice is a very good player as it is, with good coaching, a bit of faith being put in him by the manager and a better quality of teammate he can be genuinely WC.
There really isn't much between them overall. Partey takes a few more risks on the ball and is better at breaking lines whereas Rice makes fewer mistakes and concedes less fouls but doesn't add as much of a threat. Rice spends most of his time on the left half of a double pivot, Partey on the right. To me, there is absolutely no reason they cannot play together. They would be the perfect combination for tough away games at places like Anfield or in the CL (per 90 from last season):

1687973568187.png

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Finally hopefully no more dealing with Sullivan Brighton make things more easier than this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom