• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Declan Rice

How long until Arsenal announce this?

• By Thursday (the 6th)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Don’t worry, I’ve really no idea :lol:

This place does seem to be turning into some kind of special needs support group though, whilst we nervously await the next proclamation from our Lord David :lol::lol:

Beany I've been in tears since last Thursday.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I admit I didn't think West Ham would strike quite such a hard bargain but I'm a man of my word.

I'll quit A-M forever if Rice isn't an Arsenal player next season. I fully stand by that.
No bro, you don't have to quit.
We'd just share the likes to AG, Gdeep and the rest to keep your word, but you bring a lot of quality insights and essays here, so you don't have to leave 🤝

Ljonin

We really taking the piss they prepare 3rd bid or nuclear weapon?

Leave the barbecue alone for a moment @EDU

They might be discussing what the next step is. If it’s even worth to keep pushing or if it’s time to move on. Probably reaching out to Rice as well, his head might have turned hence City now bidding :-/

Sorry for the negativity but I just find it incredibly hard to believe this could go our way now that City is actively involved.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

At this stage I'd rather we offered what West Ham want or moved on. I like Rice he'd be a massive signing but if we're struggling to offer an extra 5 to 10m what's the point?

Like a poker player sitting with a £100, going in with £90 then folding. We know what West Ham want, go all in or sit it out and look elsewhere. Might mean City get him for less as West Ham panic also means we aren't holding our dicks if City do get him for 100m and we need to go elsewhere anyway.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
At this stage I'd rather we offered what West Ham want or moved on. I like Rice he'd be a massive signing but if we're struggling to offer an extra 5 to 10m what's the point?

Like a poker player sitting with a £100, going in with £90 then folding. We know what West Ham want, go all in or sit it out and look elsewhere. Might mean City get him for less as West Ham panic also means we aren't holding our dicks if City do get him for 100m and we need to go elsewhere anyway.

And what if West Ham said they wanted x but keep moving the goalposts?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
What did palace gain by being so difficult with Zaha? He is free agent now. This league is filled with clubs being difficult in selling only for the player to lose value and go for free or a lot less. 9/10 it’s best to sell when the player is hot
Sometimes it does work and the selling club gets even more money the season after but you have to be careful not to overplay your hand. Worst case scenario is Aouar. Lyon got a bit greedy and refused to sell for a very good price. His form collapsed and now he left on a free.

If West Ham ask for unreasonable fees I hope same happens to them. That would be hilarious

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

There's no indication that we're struggling to offer an extra 5m. We waited all weekend for City to submit their unimpressive opening bid and now we will prepare our own 3rd bid. That's how the game is played. Just like West Ham are trying to get the most possible for him so too should Arsenal pay as little as is possible to get the deal done.

Time is more on the side of Arsenal and City than West Ham. They have to sell him and they can't afford to buy his replacements until he's sold whereas both Arsenal and City could easily just move on to someone else without any need for sales to fund their business. The longer this goes on the more risk West Ham (who by the way are not experienced at all in buying players for enormous fees) lose out on their targets to other clubs or run into karma and a difficult club like themselves late in the window.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hearing West Ham rejected City’s bid because they have one that’s much closer to their evaluation….. 🤔

@Hunta
Spoke to a former coach at a northern PL football club a few mins ago and Pep has asked City to pay whatever it takes

Might as well close this one @mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom