• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I was hoping for Maignan. Don't get me wrong, i like Raya, just not convinced he's title winning level.
Maybe someone can find better information, but Maignan could cost even 100 million euros to buy this window from Milan. Sounds impossible to me, to use so much funds on a GK in this window for Arsenal.

The article even says that Milan has made it clear that they have no intention of selling. It also says United and Chelsea wanted him, but now they have bought Onana and Sanchez.

It's no wonder no one looks like buying him while makes total sense why Arsenal is focusing on Raya for cheap, who they have wanted for a long time. Raya can easily do what Arteta requires in build-up.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I was hoping for Maignan. Don't get me wrong, i like Raya, just not convinced he's title winning level.
I don't think we are smart enough to go for such players. Milan plucked him from the French ligue uncontested those days.

And Maignan is a world class keeper who is good at kicking, but Arteta wants a world class kicker and care less about traditional shot stopping qualities

sub_sub

Yeah think Tifo does some good stuff.
Except for the whole “expert” opinion thing in this clip. That was quite embarrassing.
I have a UEFA B certificate and that does not come with bragging rights in itself.. some of the coaches in my year….yeesh

Like the content he produces, he knows his stuff. I do find his demeanour a bit amusing, he always sounds like he is a bit tipsy.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We get this done for 20-25 bar, and we're talking folks. That's great business and Liverpool like in the market.

drippin

I don't think we are smart enough to go for such players. Milan plucked him from the French ligue uncontested those days.

And Maignan is a world class keeper who is good at kicking, but Arteta wants a world class kicker and care less about traditional shot stopping qualities
Pretty sure many clubs wanted Maignan and Onana at the time. These GK's are just smart and went where they had no proper competition to develop and further their career at smaller steps.

drippin

That accent lol
Oh look Arteta chooses GK's who are fine with competition by their own words!

Neither is a starting goalie for their country. Euros are in summer 2024 so that is too fast to be a problem.

So unless Arsenal wants to cash in, World Cup 2026 is likely something that will make these keepers want to be certain to start a lot for to get a better chance to claim a spot.

That would make it likely that the worse one could be sold in two years.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Ramsdale at anfield was carzy good for example but i feel like he made more mistakes during the year, all those set piece goals we conceded etc
That was a one of game, even fabianski and alumnia had those games, I remember at old Trafford for the CL game, utd dominated us and almunia had the game of his life and it ended 0-0

In the return match he turned up with his chocolate wrists and let in a terrible Ronaldo free kick.

drippin

@Riou heads up before you start commenting how ugly Raya is. You can call him a cat, but not a pig.

This guy is one tough specimen. Clearly doesn't fear challenges.

In 2018 his nose totally broke, and after 2 weeks he came back to finish the season. He postponed the surgery to after the season so he wouldn't miss 6-8 weeks, and played with a mask.

This is what he looked like before the injury:

_107773004_gettyimages-1052895800.jpg

""The players were feeling sick with what they saw," said the Rovers boss.

"He is in hospital. The bone at the top has been pushed into the skull almost and the nose is sort of hanging off really.

"The players could not look at it, it was that bad. So Smallwood goes in and the boys are calling him 'The Cat' now!""

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That was a one of game, even fabianski and alumnia had those games, I remember at old Trafford for the CL game, utd dominated us and almunia had the game of his life and it ended 0-0

In the return match he turned up with his chocolate wrists and let in a terrible Ronaldo free kick.
It wasn’t even crazy good? It was two saves in a short period of the game, one he didn’t even know about.

You could say he helped get Liverpool back in the game. We were all over them, he tried a ground pass through the middle and it gifted Liverpool their first opportunity, that gave them the confidence, we weren’t the same after that.

People remember one or two saves, every goalkeeper makes saves, it’s their job.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Pretty sure many clubs wanted Maignan and Onana at the time. These GK's are just smart and went where they had no proper competition to develop and further their career at smaller steps.
We wanted Onana too. Missed a trick there I suppose.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

We wanted Onana too. Missed a trick there I suppose.

He's sick, but a bit too unorthodox for me.

I remember he got in a row with the NT team coach because he was begging him to play like a normal keeper lol. Think he even got dropped temporarily, but can't remember.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It wasn’t even crazy good? It was two saves in a short period of the game, one he didn’t even know about.

You could say he helped get Liverpool back in the game. We were all over them, he tried a ground pass through the middle and it gifted Liverpool their first opportunity, that gave them the confidence, we weren’t the same after that.

People remember one or two saves, every goalkeeper makes saves, it’s their job.
Ramsdales energy is all wrong for a keeper, I've never seen a top keeper who's media friendly. When you have good social skills it usually means you have a lot of self awareness and therefore likely to care about what people think. His mentality is more suited to RB, like Gary Neville.

You can see Ramsdale gets affected by it. The way he reacts to the crowd after being heckled. Never seen a keeper get that involved. Just needs to stfu and concentrate. I look at Allison and I see a stoic monk. If you look at Woj he's changed a lot since he was at arsenal, far more stoic and focused and has become an elite keeper.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He's sick, but a bit too unorthodox for me.

I remember he got in a row with the NT team coach because he was begging him to play like a normal keeper lol. Think he even got dropped temporarily, but can't remember.
He got sent home from last wc and then ended his national team career :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom