• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You don’t think CL Timber and CL Raya will force their way into the first XI?

Ngl I don’t think it’ll be long until they get a starting role in the team imo.

They probably will but I was just giving an example of potential team if we used non-starters. It’ll change.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mikel doesn't really have a stellar cup track record, FA Cup aside.

Really hoping that changes this season.

Yeah, hopefully with the 4 proper CBs and 2 DMs he played against City we can play a lot more pragmatic in those big cup games, which I think is an important string to have to your bow in those competitions.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

The only player you care about. You supoort Havertz, not Arsenal.
You couldn't be far from the truth I mean I equally support all our players. Havertz case might be more obvious because he receives more criticism

King87

Did you start supporting Arsenal because of Havertz?
Such a strange question I'm truly baffled. Why would such question even cross your mind?

Go through all my posts in literally every other thread and you'd get your answer

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Struggling to get my head around this.

Part of me says "big club behaviour". Other part says "misdirection of transfer funds.

I see Ramsdale as great, but imperfect. Can anyone whos watched Raya closely and often quantify to me how much better (if at all) Raya is?
Brentford are my second team, so seen a lot of him in recent seasons. For me Ramsdale at his absolute best is better at several things compared to Raya's average, and I believe Ramsdale has the higher ceiling due to his greater size and fantastic footwork (most of the time), but Raya's consistent performance level is higher at present. His long distribution is amazing, and his reaction saves in the area are up there with the best. Not a big guy, but massive hands so still good at catching crosses. Statistically one of the best out there too, though slightly inflated by playing for Brentford behind a back 5 and with a beast target man to hit. Will have the odd Onana moment as another risk/reward keeper.

Will be a very good battle between the two keepers. If Ramsdale can react with the same determination and positivity he's shown before in his career dealing with challenges, it could be the making of him in terms of reaching the real top level of keepers, because Raya is very competent at a lot of things without being class leading at any bar long balls. Certainly would give us the best 1-2 keeping set up since Chesney and Allison at Roma.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You don’t have to be a football genius like me to realise this is just gonna end up with one of them leaving next summer disgruntled, probably not for a great fee cos they’ll be pushing to leave.

Tets tryna reinvent the wheel but just no need, GK just isn’t a position you can have such strength in depth, all you do is have one good player riding the bench way more than their talent deserves. Two no 1s doesn’t work.

Don’t buy the “competition is good” argument either. It’s defo rocking the boat. Guarantee there’ll be dressing room talk like “Rammers was our no 1 everything was fine, why are we showing loyalty to the boss when he doesn’t show it back?”.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Such a strange question I'm truly baffled. Why would such question even cross your mind?

Go through all my posts in literally every other thread and you'd get your answer

Because you joined around the same time we signed Havertz and most your posts are about him.

It’s not a dig mate, just genuinely curious.

King87

Because you joined around the same time we signed Havertz and most your posts are about him.

It’s not a dig mate, just genuinely curious.
I can assure you it's pure coincidence though and I became a supporter of the club back when we were absolute top dogs in EPL going at it with United under Wenger.

Can't lie I'm also a huge fan of Kai and I was livid when he first joined the Chavs and I bet if he settles well you'll love him as well

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Have a feeling Liverpool will rebound well this season. Not to their heights of previous seasons, but their squad has quality in it. Plus with their extra medication they have something extra...
If they can sort out the defence and the protection in front of it they will have a good season. They seem to have a lot of goals in their side. Thankfully it also seems they can leak a few.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You don’t have to be a football genius like me to realise this is just gonna end up with one of them leaving next summer disgruntled, probably not for a great fee cos they’ll be pushing to leave.

Tets tryna reinvent the wheel but just no need, GK just isn’t a position you can have such strength in depth, all you do is have one good player riding the bench way more than their talent deserves. Two no 1s doesn’t work.

Don’t buy the “competition is good” argument either. It’s defo rocking the boat. Guarantee there’ll be dressing room talk like “Rammers was our no 1 everything was fine, why are we showing loyalty to the boss when he doesn’t show it back?”.
Exactly this. I actually heard Arsenal fans say we in the CL now and need bigger squad. Like goalkeepers can’t play every other day. You can easily play same keeper every single game. Only reason clubs give cups to second choice it to keep them happy and not first choice need a rest

Whoever lose out will be sold for 10-12 million and people will defend the club saying well the players forced a move. How could they have known this would happen

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good business we'll see how he and Ramsdale work together we'll assess our options next summer save money for winger this window.

Good job Garlick and edu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom