• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Interesting wonder if this means they want to spend elsewhere first this summer

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imo this is one of best deals in summer ffs we signing a top GK and upgraded on turner only on loan. Kinda strange Brentford open to do this even if he extended his contract

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

One last signing with the remaining funds after sales.

Partey to Juve and then Caicedo in. Or more than likely a winger winger chicken dinner.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Loan with option to buy when he's on the final year of his contract..

Confused Thinking GIF

So he's either extended with Brentford or will do before this loan goes through.

Good deal, wasn't necessary in my opinion as Ramsdale was cool and they could have found a young HG guy, but good deal.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We get him for 3m then :thumbsup:

Don't anyone tell Brentford but his contract runs out in 2024 :lol:
He extended his contract likely one more year until 2025 so they guarantee getting 25M at least next summer or we active the buy option

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Loan with option to buy when he's on the final year of his contract..

Confused Thinking GIF

So he's either extended with Brentford or will do before this loan goes through. Good deal, wasn't necessary in my opinion but good deal.
He extended his contract according to orny

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You don’t have to be a football genius like me to realise this is just gonna end up with one of them leaving next summer disgruntled, probably not for a great fee cos they’ll be pushing to leave.

Tets tryna reinvent the wheel but just no need, GK just isn’t a position you can have such strength in depth, all you do is have one good player riding the bench way more than their talent deserves. Two no 1s doesn’t work.

Don’t buy the “competition is good” argument either. It’s defo rocking the boat. Guarantee there’ll be dressing room talk like “Rammers was our no 1 everything was fine, why are we showing loyalty to the boss when he doesn’t show it back?”.

Either way we can’t lose anyways. We will either get an improvement from Ramsdale due to a new GK incoming or David Raya taking his spot as he’ll prove to be the better goalkeeper.

Not worried at all by this signing.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Really great deal. We can test for one season, if this duo with Ramsdale and Raya will work. Probably Raya likes this too, so he can see if he has a real chance here.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Wtf this is a crazy deal for us. We're signing him for 30m next season instead of this, so effectively same amount but payment with an extra year

Or we can decide to not take the option if ramsdale actually improves.

I still don't like edu regarding selling but this is a crazy deal for us. Amazing.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You don’t have to be a football genius like me to realise this is just gonna end up with one of them leaving next summer disgruntled, probably not for a great fee cos they’ll be pushing to leave.

Tets tryna reinvent the wheel but just no need, GK just isn’t a position you can have such strength in depth, all you do is have one good player riding the bench way more than their talent deserves. Two no 1s doesn’t work.

Don’t buy the “competition is good” argument either. It’s defo rocking the boat. Guarantee there’ll be dressing room talk like “Rammers was our no 1 everything was fine, why are we showing loyalty to the boss when he doesn’t show it back?”.

It shouldn't work, but it's Arteta so it will. Just like Havertz and everything else that shouldn't really.

Guaranteed the loser aka #2 will be the biggest cheerleader doing cartwheels this time next summer when we secure the community shield.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Exactly this. I actually heard Arsenal fans say we in the CL now and need bigger squad. Like goalkeepers can’t play every other day. You can easily play same keeper every single game. Only reason clubs give cups to second choice it to keep them happy and not first choice need a rest

Whoever lose out will be sold for 10-12 million and people will defend the club saying well the players forced a move. How could they have known this would happen

Oh look, @Rasmi flip-flopping again. You said Ramsdale was one area we could upgrade on and now you're using it as a stick to beat the club with.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Really great deal. We can test for one season, if this duo with Ramsdale and Raya will work. Probably Raya likes this too, so he can see if he has a real chance here.
The only worry i had that these tow don't get together not personally but one of them will be pissed by lack of games and its rarely worked at top clubs before.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Edu is Warren Buffet when buying but Elizabeth Holmes when selling. I got a problem with that, he needs to have balance in his life. Get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom