• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Patrick Vieira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
Would Juve sell nedved whos OLD for 10 no!

would they sell emerson for 10? NO

so why should we sell vieira for 10?

**** it i should be asleep

hopefuly i wake up and we sign Ronaldinho with all that money we are getting.

asajoseph

Established Member
As I've written before, and I'm not repeating, I'm 100% sure there are reasons for it. Wenger's in the best position to know, and I with any luck he'll let on to the rest of us if and when this deal gets completed.

Chances are he won't though, especially if he feels that Vieira IS past it. He's got too much respect for him to say something like that.

sray2

I think the fee mentioned is understated if anything, but even if we lost Vieira, I don't think it's necessarily a step backwards. The first reason is that we played our best football when Paddy was out of the side at the beginning of the season and it was just Gilberto and Cesc in the middle. I agree with people that Cesc doesn't have the experience, or physical capacity to last the whole season but this kid is brilliant, and I think Wenger wants to give Cesc more experience this season by letting Vieira go. I would honestly be more concerned if Bert left for Villareal.

I also believe that Hleb will partner Gilberto for a lot of the season, as from what I've seen, Hleb was quite an attacking force through the middle in Germany. That's why Wenger probably hasn't said anything about where Hleb will play.

Another thing to look at in this potential transfer is the Overmars/Petit deal where both came off spectacular seasons (somewhat injury riddled) but Wenger still sold them, and people came crying out that it was a huge step backwards. But looking on it was one of the best deals Arsenal's pulled off as he sold 2 players past their prime and very injury prone for 30 million. This could very well be the case with Vieira, and only Wenger can judge if Paddy is past his prime/injury prone. I trust Wenger fully with this deal although I hope we get more money than was reported. And Wenger's looks like he's really interested in Diarra, but I would love it if we got Ballack :D

the dawn raids

Established Member
Ballack is 28; I hardly see the point in bringing in someone just a year younger than a player who has been here for so long, and is tried and tested in the Premiership. then theres Diarra, but hes just signed a new deal at Lyon. im just not seeing much of a point in letting him go, if we do i mean.

Tony Montana

Established Member
WE ARE GETTING MICHAEL BALLACK!!!!!!!! GET IN THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/pr ... enal/news/

that page says nothing about Ballack.[/quote]

Ignore that muppet. He pollutes AWIMB every 5 minutes with nonsensical posts like that.[/quote]

What other posts like that have i given? None i'm afraid. I don't write on this every five minutes either mate, so you're wrong there too.

Jinn

Established Member
As has been said previously, if this transfer goes ahead, I think we can trust Arsène that it will work out for the best. Vieira's not young anymore, and I don't think we'll see him perform any better for Juve than he has for us in the last 9 years. If Arsène reckons the cost-benefit analysis is in our favour, then we have to trust him on that. Having said that, he did only say a few days ago that his main priority was keeping the squad together. So who knows what to believe.

As always, the answers will be more clear with the passage of time. Until then we can only wait and speculate.

mood

The club have stated again and again and again that they want to keep all their players at the club.

Club is ambitious eh? Players were right all along.

mood

Well the reports aren't 100% official, so I'm still a little bit optimistic.

Hopefully it's just 'a bid' and not an 'accepted bid'.

Ratinho

Established Member
Jesus, if some of you guys think the club is a disgrace for choosing to let a player go, who's wanted to leave for a couple of years, and if you believe Tony Adams, will be f**ked in a year or so due to his balance problems (the legs being different lengths, reason he's had the injuries), then fine, but they just aren't.

If you think this means the club isn't ambitious, take a look down the road from Highbury at our ambition. Take a look at the future of the club being secured by the way they do bussiness. And then if we're still not ambitious enough for you, follow Vieira to Juve, as they could do with some fans to fill their empty stadium.

Now feel free to look at the present. Look at the two more good years Vieira could've given us. Look at the fact that we now finally have actual changes going on at the club fro the first time in years, which seems to terrify people. Or do what most in this part of the forum seem to do, and whine about the club because they haven't done things how they'd like to.

F**k me, am I one of a tiny majority that can see how this club has grown, and how big we are now? Vieira wanted to leave. He's wanted a new challenge for two or so years, and now he's getting it and so are we. I know Wenger's up to it, as are the likes of Henry, Hleb, van Persie, Lehmann, Senderos, etc, etc.

Stop being such a bunch of stoneless cowards ffs! :roll:

Ratinho

Established Member
Jesus, if some of you guys think the club is a disgrace for choosing to let a player go, who's wanted to leave for a couple of years, and if you believe Tony Adams, will be f**ked in a year or so due to his balance problems (the legs being different lengths, reason he's had the injuries), then fine, but they just aren't.

If you think this means the club isn't ambitious, take a look down the road from Highbury at our ambition. Take a look at the future of the club being secured by the way they do bussiness. And then if we're still not ambitious enough for you, follow Vieira to Juve, as they could do with some fans to fill their empty stadium.

Now feel free to look at the present. Look at the two more good years Vieira could've given us. Look at the fact that we now finally have actual changes going on at the club fro the first time in years, which seems to terrify people. Or do what most in this part of the forum seem to do, and whine about the club because they haven't done things how they'd like to.

F**k me, am I one of a tiny majority that can see how this club has grown, and how big we are now? Vieira wanted to leave. He's wanted a new challenge for two or so years, and now he's getting it and so are we. I know Wenger's up to it, as are the likes of Henry, Hleb, van Persie, Lehmann, Senderos, etc, etc.

Stop being such a bunch of stoneless cowards ffs! :roll:

bobo69

nicely done Ratinho... as far as iam concerned if AW lets him go we will be the ones making mugs of them... juve is a very well managed club... but they are about to have their noses broken.

hope we end up playing the cvnts in the CL!

fuzz

last season when real were close to signing vieira, weren't we close to signing maschernaro? could that possibly still happen?

Anyway i trust Arsène.

Ratinho

Established Member
Sorry for the double post, but this site tends to be slower than Rooney on Mastermind.

At least we know what Wenger meant about the transfer market heating up. ;) :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom