• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4 Years

belgianfan

I have no sympathy whatsoever for wenger, he shot himself in the own foot.

I respect him and he's a great manager, but he needs to act now. Or you have the courage to abandon your project and sign quality players or he needs to go. As hard as it is, it's the reality. Other teams have more quality than our team and this project building isn't helping.

FFs

marco

all this 4 years without a trophy bollocks gets on my tits..
there are 3 trophies in modern day football
the premiership, the champs league and 4th spot.
we continually get 4th spot.
if we had won the fa cup and carling cup every year since 2005 and didnt make 4th spot wenger would be out of a job and we wouldnt have some of the players we have now..

so its actually 5 years without a trophy and yep it hurts last night was painful we were completely outclassed over 180 minutes

big ray of hope is we have a ronaldo of our own sat in the stands at the moment in arshavin....
wenger knows we need a new keeper, striker, and centre back as in a way losing like we did yday is probably the best thin for us for the summer...
as it keeps us into gear and makes us realise we arent all that and need some new players

Viking

4th spot's not a trophy, the FA cup is. That you apparently don't know your history, doesn't make your opinion true.

marco

Viking said:
4th spot's not a trophy, the FA cup is. That you apparently don't know your history, doesn't make your opinion true.

mate the fa cup is over! no one gives a **** about it its 2009
yep its a trophy but you et 2m quid for winning it!!

last nights semi was worth 15m
do the maths history boy

asajoseph

Established Member
Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but perhaps we could flash up the prize money for each game that we play in before the match, just so I can fully appreciate the relative importance of what's about to happen?

Anzac

Established Member
marco said:
Viking said:

mate the fa cup is over! no one gives a f**k about it its 2009
yep its a trophy but you et 2m quid for winning it!!

last nights semi was worth 15m
do the maths history boy

last night's semi was worth 15m because it was the semi final in THE Premier title in European football - NOT because the FA Cup means nothing.

IF the FA Cup means nothing then AW must be one of the managers responsible for this. Just because it doesn't hold the qualification to the cash cow CL, & doesn't have a huge cash injection of prize money, should not detract from what is still IMO THE Premier Domestic Cup competition in the game.

I most definately give a f*ck about the FA Cup, if for no other reason than it is a VERY proud part of this club's history, of which we are the 2nd most successful club in the competition's history.

I am immensly proud of the fact that we made 3 consecutive finals in the toughest domestic Cup competition in my first years as a supporter. My love for this club & the Cup go hand in hand.

Rant over. :eek:ops:

Anzac

Established Member
hackajack said:
Captain said:
Outside of the forum you had people leaving the game with barely 60mins having been played. That's amazing in my opinion.
I'd describe it as spoilt ****ishness myself. The team was suffering they could at least expect some solidarity.

Agreed - prawn sandwhich brigade??????
It's 7.20pm here & I've been up since 0130am with 4 hours sleep prior to the game - no big deal as it's a given that you do these things when you have a passion for something. The thought to actually turn off the TV & stop watching was nothing more than a momentary knee jerk reaction to the realisation & disappointment = it never happened. The idea to pay good money & then leave with at least a third of the match remaining seems abhorrent to me.

As an aside I derive great pleasure in my FM games when the opposition Home fans leave early. The vicarious pleasure I derive from this is almost as good as beating the other Big4 clubs, Spuds, or those Euro elite c*nts, and the abuse I direct towards them is on a par with any of those that I hold in such contempt.

Yes it's a computer game - sad I know......... :eek:ops:

Gurgen

Established Member
Captain said:
....since we sold Vieira and made a teenage 'best player in the world' our midfield general.

I feel him leaving could be a blessing in disguise.

alonso14

Established Member
i wasnt going to post here today as I dont think that my presence is needed in the Arsenal forum

However, I cant let the comment about 4th spot being a trophy and the FA Cup not countng anymore

what a lot of bollox

you watch your team week in week out and the ultimate reward for that loyalty is to see your captain lift some silverware...

In 2001 people were saying that they would rather finish in a CL place, than win the UEFA Cup....oh yes, I always reminisce about beating Charlton than Alaves in Dortmund....do I bollocks

Let the acountants worry about the money, give me a trophy anyday

Anzac

Established Member
AshburtonGhost said:
DC, you could actually see a tear in Wenger's eye as the final whistle beckoned and the camera zoomed in. Sad really.

Well apparently he been physically sick at the end of some defeats so that's an improvement of sorts!!!!

I know that is a cold & harsh thing for me to say, and I have no doubt that he feels it badly. However perhaps it is also a sign that he simply is no longer good enough for the role?

If AW really gave us & the team his all last night, then I'm afraid I didn't see it & no amount of anguish will convince me of otherwise. I saw no committment to sieze the match, I saw no desperate roll of the dice in either formation, tactics of player substitutions.

For me the team weren't the only ones not to show fight, the manager is included in that list.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

alonso14 said:
i wasnt going to post here today as I dont think that my presence is needed in the Arsenal forum

However, I cant let the comment about 4th spot being a trophy and the FA Cup not countng anymore

what a lot of bollox

you watch your team week in week out and the ultimate reward for that loyalty is to see your captain lift some silverware...

In 2001 people were saying that they would rather finish in a CL place, than win the UEFA Cup....oh yes, I always reminisce about beating Charlton than Alaves in Dortmund....do I bollocks

Let the acountants worry about the money, give me a trophy anyday

QFT.

I had something approaching an an epiphany at the Chelsea game, much as I did when we went down to Nayim's wonderfluke in Paris in 95 and for the first time since - something has to change at Arsenal.

Of course, Liverpool won't win anything this season either but you can feel optimistic, at least, because you have built a spine for the team around which success can and probably to some extent at least, will follow, plus you have won a couple of trophies these past few years, CL included.

It was obvious in Paris that the Graham era was well and truly at an end (of course he'd left a few months prior) and the squad as was was going nowhere.

Much as I love Wenger his stupid ****ing experiment has got to end, its also going nowhere. The players he bought 3 years ago clearly haven't and aren't going to grow into the spine he hoped for. He can either start again, bar maybe 5 or six players (personally I don't he hasn't got the time for that) or break the habit of a lifetime and but a Barry, or even Alonso if what I hear aboout Rafa is true, a central Defender and a proper striker to replace the lanky lazy arrogant ****. Those three, taken with what would be left following a minature clearout, will give us a chance moving forwards.

Captain

Established Member
The FA cup is dead more or less and finishing in the top four (and thus making the champions league) is more important in terms of prestige as well as from a financial viewpoint.

That is if you consider us to be a top team in europe rather than just england.

Cruisio

Established Member
The sad thing is, a few years ago, i'd used to get worried every summer reading the back pages that either Thierry, or Paddy or Pires was going to leave. Now, I wouldnt be fussed if any of our current first team left. What a sorry state of affairs

alonso14

Established Member
Captain said:
The FA cup is dead more or less and finishing in the top four (and thus making the champions league) is more important in terms of prestige as well as from a financial viewpoint.

That is if you consider us to be a top team in europe rather than just england.

that maybe the case on a year on year basis.....But if we had a choice of winning the FA Cup and finishing 5th and finishing 4th and winning nothing I would take the the trophy

Anzac

Established Member
But the reality is that we COULD have made a much better fist of the FA Cup S/F by putting our best available starting XI on the pitch to begin with. The PL match A v LFC had no bearing on the outcome of any silverware nor in regard to our PL position. With the FA Cup final being the last scheduled match of the season we had nothing to lose by giving it a proper decent go.

Further to this AW's subsequent actions by resting 8 players v Pompey prior to the 2nd leg make a mocker of his post CFC S/F excuse that we look to win every game & do not prioritise competitions. Same goes for Cesc's comments that the target this season was the CL.

Captain

Established Member
Pepe LeFrits said:
Every time?

twice on sunday.

The FA cup is an irrelevance in the terms of the growth of the club. Champions league football every season is imperative to where we want to be as a club; the FA cup is just a trinket in comparison.

Anzac

Established Member
Captain said:
Pepe LeFrits said:
Every time?

twice on sunday.

The FA cup is an irrelevance in the terms of the growth of the club. Champions league football every season is imperative to where we want to be as a club; the FA cup is just a trinket in comparison.

There is no reason for us to 'throw' the FA Cup particularly once we reach the S/Fs IMO. If 4th place & CL qualification is our primary aim then we are doomed to mediocraty. I can / will accept CL qualification AND a Cup final, ar at least an honest to God dead set 1st rate attempt at making it.

Any trophy can not be an irrelevance in terms of the growth of the club. CL gives you the cash cow & top competition, but ANY trophy gives you a winning mentality which is what we are so very obviously lacking.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom