• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 13,975
Status
Not open for further replies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Guillermo said:
kel varnsen said:
Shadow Moses said:
''Arsenal made an offer to Auxerre and are very keen to get him,'' Boli told the News of the World.

''But Chelsea want him as well. Auxerre are prepared to let him go but they have not agreed a fee yet.

''We have to wait two or three days and see what Chelsea do. They will also make an offer this week and it'll be up to Auxerre.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... &title=Arsène+and+Jose+eye+Diaby

those bastrards are at it again. They will probably guy buy him just to prevent us

let's hope so. signing this guy would be pointless.
Have you seen him play?

i don't know and don't care. we need a proven central midfielder. not another 'someone who might turn into a decent midfielder in 4 years or so'...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mckenna said:
Yeah, they can start a competition, who can run faster. We can get Cesc to start lobbing balls in behind defences, and then set them both off from the halfway line. My money might actually be on Walcott.

Back onto the french midfielder topic, lets just hope he has his head screwed on, and also lets hope that this deal is pushed through, because I don't want this to drag on forever.

What was it that Wlacott had done on a 110m something like 11,4 and that as a 16 year old, does Hnery beat that, I would sayu that our back four are probably fast as h*ll on 100m aswell.

kamikaze80

Established Member
11.4 is not THAT impressive for a pro athlete; but it is impressive for a 16yr old. remember, the world record is like 9.7. but i wouldnt be surprised if both a healthy henry and walcott could do it in ~10.7 or so.

diaby sounds like a total unknown. if he hasnt been getting much playing time for auxerre, theres no way hes stepping into our first team. hes another project but i dont mind if it only means song will not be purchased, and hes replacing him in our depth chart.

longrufus

Established Member
/\ /\ /\
He actually did the 100m in 11.4 seconds when he was 14! He can do it in 10.9 seconds now. And not that impressive, thats without sprint training!

And i think we might sign this guy, wouldnt worry about chelsea though.

Viper

Established Member
Tegh said:
Toure and Cole are, I don't think Sol and Lauren are near as fast.
Sol is the slowest out of the bunch for sure.

Not sure who is faster out of Toure and Cole. Its probably Cole though.

longrufus

Established Member
Well i remember reading somewhere that Clichy is the 2nd fastest in the squad, but i dont think he counts as he aint a regular. Would have to say Toure, but we do have a very pacy back 4.

longrufus

Established Member
Would be good if arsenal put the stats of the running times online. I know Freddie use to be the quickest over a short distance but over longer distances his short legs cant keep up.

A

Anonymous

How did this thread turn into an athletics preview.

longrufus

Established Member
I think someone for no apparent reason asked who was the quickest of the back four? And most people obliged with answers. Its a bit like the weather discussion in the Cassano forum :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I do think that Sol would be pretty fast as he is the most muscular of the for, you know when he gets his speed up, he looks like a sprinter

brianfrance

Established Member
back to the topic : its been confirmed around that chelsea and arsenal are fighting for the signature of diaby

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Anyway, back on topic.

This guy might just be able to get into our midfield, because of his he has the physical capacity to compete in England. Its sounds like he has the exact qualities we are crying out for at the moment. If he was about 3 years older, he'd be perfect, but I wouldn't say no to having a punt on a talent like this. For a club in our position, it's smarter business to sign these players before they become Essien-like and get a big reputation/price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom