• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abou Diaby

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 13,977
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfrance

Established Member
LOL
he's strong and good tackling, and decent on the ball. But I've not seen him a lot against good midfielders.

longrufus

Established Member
Thanks Brain but one more question, from what you seen of him, how does his ability compare to that of Flamini? Do you think he could displace him as 3rd choice or do you see him as Gilberto's long term replacement? Sorry, that was more like 3 questions.
As if said before, if its a straight fight between us and Chelsea, surely he must choose us if he is indeed sane, shoot me now for being so optimistic but he must.

Tegh

Established Member
I agree rufus, and If he chooses Chelsea then more fool for him, the money grabbing shat-pank.

brianfrance

Established Member
longrufus said:
Thanks Brain but one more question, from what you seen of him, how does his ability compare to that of Flamini? Do you think he could displace him as 3rd choice or do you see him as Gilberto's long term replacement? Sorry, that was more like 3 questions.
As if said before, if its a straight fight between us and Chelsea, surely he must choose us if he is indeed sane, shoot me now for being so optimistic but he must.

Can't answer, really. I have not seen enough of the guy. I think he's more in the vieira mould, and thats what wenger looks to be looking for. I'll try to watch auxerre soon, and fingers crossed he'll play.

Anyway, tonight santini was on the radio, I listened to him. He does not want to sell, but he didn't want to sell benjani either. There's a huge possibility that all he articles are just speculation, just like auxerre did for mexes at the same age.

Canuck

Established Member
longrufus said:
... we do have a very pacy back 4.

Off topic and out of context but I had a laugh.

Lauren - Sol - Senderos - Cygan

Diaby ain't coming...nor would I see him as a productive Jan. signing if he did.

longrufus

Established Member
1st choice is Lauren, Toure, Sol, Cole. All bar lauren are very fast (although Sol has slowed a tad). Senderos' pace is underrated, Clichy is lightning as is Eboue.

So all that leaves me to wonder is why do you laugh?

longrufus

Established Member
Maniche signed before the Diaby rumor, so i wouldnt read too much into that. Although as i've said numerous times, i dont see him joining chelsea period, he will end up in an arsenal shirt, that is if the rumors are true.

Canuck

Established Member
longrufus said:
1st choice is Lauren, Toure, Sol, Cole. All bar lauren are very fast (although Sol has slowed a tad). Senderos' pace is underrated, Clichy is lightning as is Eboue.

So all that leaves me to wonder is why do you laugh?

I laugh because Toure, Cole, Clichy, Eboue are all gone at the moment...hence the line up I put. It was just kind of a chuckle to myself...
My fault for putting it in the post.

Heck, the last two matches (albeit cup ties) we've seen Djourou and Gilbert...neither of whom are known for their alacrity. (referring to speed and not enthusiasm)
Sol very fast??? Spending too much time at the crack lately Rufus?
Sol and Phil are by no means carbon copies of Cygan when it comes to pace but they are no competition for the likes of Cole.

Actually I think that Lauren can put on a decent burst of speed sometimes as well. (at least he used to be able to.)

BUT WE DIGRESS - WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOU'RE REGULARLY SCHEDULED DIABY DEBATE

longrufus

Established Member
Considering the question was about the usual back four, which is Lauren Toure Sol Cole, a statement like "we have a pacy back four" makes perfect sense to me.

eddie_wills

stick this in the thread in the transfer talk forum mate, I reckon - i've summed my thoughts up in there for one

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's been left out of the squad that face Bordeaux tonight.

Although that could very well be down to a slight knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom