• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

After Alexis and the Exodus - Where to now?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Philippe Auclair said that stats padding has been a really big issue at the club this season (not just Alexis) so I'd take all of their stats with some caution. He claims the evidence is clear on review of our games and that an French player told him it was common, especially in teams that are under performing and individuals will pad the stats to get away with it. Very common and especially here at the moment.

Last edited:

Jasard

The part of playing to the camera was kind of evident no? Ain't he still sort of doing it for United?

Anyways, in the Arsecast with Auclair, him and Arseblog made a point on how some of our other players also make runs that make them look like they're running when they were just hiding.

Sanchez' tantrums were getting old, but he still got us games.
Snap

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Philippe Auclair said that stats padding has been a really big issue at the club this season (not just Alexis) so I'd take all of their stats with some caution. He claims the evidence is clear on review of our games and that an French player told him it was common, especially in teams that are under performing and individuals will pad the stats to get away with it. Very common and especially here at the moment.

That's a really vague accusation , if you know which stats to look at facts can't be hidden . Meaningless stats occur in most games ,

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Distance travelled is just one metric

How about nr of max runs?
Useful runs?
Runs with or without the ball?

If there was a stat for useful runs I'm sure he would be close to the bottom there too, lost count how many times he started pressing on his own just to turn around and complain about his teammates(ironically people loved that **** too).

Jasard

That's a really vague accusation , if you know which stats to look at facts can't be hidden . Meaningless stats occur in most games ,

Yeah maybe, he made it sound believable though mostly because he spoke to a French international (I think) that said a lot of players do it often. Just makes a slight mockery of stat obsessions - just need to trust your eyes imo but maybe I'm old school :D.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If there was a stat for useful runs I'm sure he would be close to the bottom there too, lost count how many times he started pressing on his own just to turn around and complain about his teammates(ironically people loved that **** too).

Often wondered why he would start pressing by himself .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Let's just spell this our for those on the forum who only play FIFA. If you press on your own you effectively eliminate yourself from the game

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It is interesting because you could also make case for that in the end Alexis body just broke down given the amount he has played in last 4 years. I think in the end with us he was just physically and mentally exhausted. You might even still see it from him at United. There are some worries over him there.

Maybe it is true, what media says but it is also true that their story sell better.

I agree.
Alexis' stats about how much he runs weren't an issue during the first years at Arsenal.
It became an issue since last year.
And IMO you're right, he's just physically and mentally exhausted.
Don't forget he's almost 30. He's played so much games during the last few years. His professional career has started very early too. And those players tend to start their decline earlier. (Cesc, Rooney for instance).

You could compare him to Messi too who spends most of his time walking and not tracking back.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Often wondered why he would start pressing by himself .

Let's just spell this our for those on the forum who only play FIFA. If you press on your own you effectively eliminate yourself from the game

???

http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/sunderland-vs-arsenal/goal-alexis-sanchez-1-0.html

http://arsenalist.com/f/2014-15/sun...xis-sanchez-capitalizes-on-mannone-error.html

I know he plays for United now, but lets not rewrite history here. His willingness to harass the opposition got him goals and won us games. Doubt many were complaining about his lone pressing/harassing during the examples above.

Reactions: Jae

blaze_of_glory

Alexis won us games "by himself" on a number of occasions, but one has to wonder how much better off we would have been overall if he had been more in line with the work rate, organization and general approach of the rest of the team.

This all just fits in with how he seemed like a add-on bonus piece to the team when in attack, especially after his first season here. Dangerous and effective in terms of getting goals a lot of the time, but also out of synch with everyone else to the point that we may have been better off if he had been less of an individualist. Yes he was involved in a large percentage of our goals, but how many other goals could we have scored if hadn't played like that, or if there was another quality player in his position instead?

Even Henry, who was also an individualist somewhat in that he was a guy who could and did do it all himself from time to time, fit into the team's style of play and facilitated it rather than being a separate force like Alexis often seemed to be (though perhaps it could be argued this wasn't the case in Henry's last season here - and notably we improved dramatically the first year after he was gone when others then had space to express themselves more). A lot of the time it seemed there were team attacks and then Alexis attacks. Including when he'd assist goals by others, so many of those came not from him being part of a larger move, but stopping it and then starting something else.

Becoming more and more clear the guy works for himself first and foremost and considers the team as secondary to that. Now he's apparently sour at his role at Utd and its only been 2 months.

HBL

Established Member
Wonder when they’ll try and ship him off to China?

No one else will pay his wages.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Alexis won us games "by himself" on a number of occasions, but one has to wonder how much better off we would have been overall if he had been more in line with the work rate, organization and general approach of the rest of the team.

This all just fits in with how he seemed like a add-on bonus piece to the team when in attack, especially after his first season here. Dangerous and effective in terms of getting goals a lot of the time, but also out of synch with everyone else to the point that we may have been better off if he had been less of an individualist. Yes he was involved in a large percentage of our goals, but how many other goals could we have scored if hadn't played like that, or if there was another quality player in his position instead?

Even Henry, who was also an individualist somewhat in that he was a guy who could and did do it all himself from time to time, fit into the team's style of play and facilitated it rather than being a separate force like Alexis often seemed to be (though perhaps it could be argued this wasn't the case in Henry's last season here - and notably we improved dramatically the first year after he was gone when others then had space to express themselves more). A lot of the time it seemed there were team attacks and then Alexis attacks. Including when he'd assist goals by others, so many of those came not from him being part of a larger move, but stopping it and then starting something else.

Becoming more and more clear the guy works for himself first and foremost and considers the team as secondary to that. Now he's apparently sour at his role at Utd and its only been 2 months.

We're not playing much better as a team since he has left us.
In fact, we've been even worse.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t think we’ll miss Alexis in any footballing sense tbh.

He left a hole when he left which has been evident on the pitch. Without getting too enthusiastic about a couple of wins, I think we’re getting over his loss

I never liked him as a player just liked his goals

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We're not playing much better as a team since he has left us.
In fact, we've been even worse.

LOL, no we haven't.

Alexis is a trash footballer. Becoming more obvious now that he's playing for a team with no attacking cohesion at all.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I agree.
Alexis' stats about how much he runs weren't an issue during the first years at Arsenal.
It became an issue since last year.
And IMO you're right, he's just physically and mentally exhausted.
Don't forget he's almost 30. He's played so much games during the last few years. His professional career has started very early too. And those players tend to start their decline earlier. (Cesc, Rooney for instance).

You could compare him to Messi too who spends most of his time walking and not tracking back.

Wrong again. Alexis' running numbers were always ****, was obvious his 1 sprint per game to get back and tackle the ball was for the cameras.

As a results, idiots on here were saying Özil was lazy one and not the dog molester. Lmao.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom