• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR25

Voted yes, eventhough I have no faith on him to win us trophies anymore. You dont want new managers for the sake of new managers. Any wrong managerial decision made will take us 3-4 years step back. We are not rich club like ManUtd, we are also not oil clubs like City and Chelsea. I dont think we can afford setbacks like ManU post-Fergie.

I'd give Wenger 2 more years because I think at that time there will be tactically astute managers available. And we should aim for that type of manager.
At the end of the day, I think managing Arsenal will be an attractive job for any top coaches, but it has to be at the right time. I have hope for Gazidis to make the right call.

Ewarwoowar

Voted yes, I think it prudent because there are not too many proven managers free at this moment and maybe A successor could be a number two to Arsène for a period before He moves upstairs. I thought Wenger being Wenger(methodical) that would be an obvious turn of event.

Steve Bould anyone?;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Voted yes, eventhough I have no faith on him to win us trophies anymore. You dont want new managers for the sake of new managers. Any wrong managerial decision made will take us 3-4 years step back.

Your whole post was very fair and I agree with it (apart from the two more years bit!), but this part is interesting. By '3-4 years back', what do do mean? What do you think we might stop achieving that we are currently not achieving right now, if we got a new manager? I ask this because many of those who want Wenger here until 2089 if possible, think he's already done all the work to make the handover as smooth as possible, as the club is in such good shape...

Last edited:

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
I still think he should go.

I just have this view that his method is too reliant on the intelligence on the field to shift a game.
We see flashes of brilliance in games, or a full game when everything is coming off, but we see the play looking a bit clueless too many times.
We need more structure.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
The two best managers that would have been superb choices for us have gone to other clubs in Liverpool and City. The guy at the club the other side of North London is a ****ing astute manager too. Given that none of those guys are available I'm not sure who else I'd really trust at the moment to take over the reigns.

I do however think Wenger is long past his best.

think he's already done all the work

Yeah maybe that is the problem. He worked very hard. Being in the promised land is still very young. What 3 seasons we have now been able to spend in transfer window. The academy is very strong.

This is probably the the state of the club Wenger worked for and now he feels like he want to see how farther he can go as manager.

I really don't mind Wenger that much, he will go when he is done. Don't mind new manager either, but we need to be very very lucky. We are behind other top clubs in Europe, and our time of domination doesn't seem anywhere close, what ever we do.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

"Football is the most difficult game in the world because it is open and every situation is completely different and you have to make decisions minute by minute."

Uncanny that both Pep and Arsène have said this almost word for word in the last two weeks . Which is why I guess Arsène wants the players to learn how to think for themselves as much as possible .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom