<

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by DanDare, Feb 3, 2020.

?

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

1. Partey

68.3%
  2. Aouar

31.7%
  1. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Good old Shane - crazy old bastard just like his old man.

Riou likes this.
  2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

The lazy Zaha links will start and im here for it all.

3. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

On a situation like ours you buy Buendia, not Grealish. We've got too many holes to plug to spend so much on Grealish

SingmeasongSong and Malky like this.
  4. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

I'd like buendia too but can he play as an 8? Mostly played cam or rw for Norwich.

5. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

I think he can play in mid 3 and with partey and cabellos I think we’d have everything we need.

boonthegoon likes this.
  6. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Post that and proceedes to say that we have no money to pay the RC for Partey and that he's renewing.

7. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

@Rex Banter Nice pic, 1999 is a quite unknown but amazing album. When I went to see Joey like 2-3 years ago I brought him a vinyl version of 1999 to sign that my girlfriend at the time had bought me.

It turned out that he never actually officially released it and that was from a third party website.. he was cool about it regardless and signed it.

Few months later, he officially releases the vinyl even though he dropped the album all the way back in 2012... could be a coincidence but thats not what I tell myself :lol:

8. lomekian

lomekian Well-Known Member

Slightly more nimble, slightly less robust Granit Xhaka type with greater room to grow.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  9. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Zaha actually loves us, I knew he was a fan but he’s so open about it.

Don’t think I’ll forgive Raul for picking Pepe for us.

<<reed>>, Troopz and Ashybashy86 like this.
  10. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I'll say it again Grealish in midfield resolves a lot of our offensive issues. He does the same for United. I'm not sure why they seem to be prioritizing Sancho over Grealish especially given the breakthrough of Mason Greenwood.

11. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Because Sancho is insane. Greenwood isn't anywhere near Sanchos level. And neither is Grealish might I add. A lot of people are just assuming that grealish will provide the same creativity when playing as a cm. He is currently playing as a wide forward. People fail to see Pepe playing as a 10. Why is it so easy to see Grealish there? Maybe it's his build, but he started there this season and wasn't very effective, he also isn't the best defensively.

krengon likes this.
  12. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Because they want a CB as well. They won't spend 100m on Sancho and 80 on Grealish.

13. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

He occupies the right half space the same way a right cm would. He also has the defensive actions of a midfielder, not an out and out winger. He is a midfielder, not a winger. He is also the most press resistant under 24 player in Europe. Ahead of Havertz. Even looking at his highlights he is always very deep or central. Not besting his man and getting to the byline.

tcahill, Gooner416, lomekian and 4 others like this.
  14. Malky

Malky Established Member

Don't know why so many are over looking Buendia, his stats for a player in a relegated side are crazy. Plus he'd cost a fraction of what Grealish would.

DanDare likes this.
  15. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

You need depth. Also Sancho is an elite talent.

He seems to be two players in one. Creative goal scorer when played on the left and playmaking winger when played on the right. You just don’t pass up on a player like him.

16. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

If Auba starts on the left but actually drifts inside a lot, couldn't Grealish start in the centre but actually drift to the left a lot? Pretty sure Grealish could be an attacking midfield for us.

17. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Funnily enough there's a stat guy Utd fan who doesn't think they should buy Sancho for 100m+, says he's a very good player and very good creative passer, but isn't actually an elite dribbler, and people are putting him in the same bracket as Mbappe when he clearly isn't, Haaland might even be the better talent.

Still a great player though, even if they overpay for him.

18. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

"Is not possible"

19. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I don't mind where Auba plays in the front 3 as long as the third player in that attack offers something. That could be Grealish, Depay or Zaha.

20. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Or Jeremy Boga?