• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Young

Jameel46

Established Member
he's a decent player but he's worth no more than £4mil, i would hate for wenger to pay twice the player's real value just because he's english, decent player but would be a waste of money

Jameel46

Established Member
Grampus_Eight said:
£3M english player tax.

yep, but for most transfers of hyped up english players its 100% extra english player tax, and then some managers of smaller clubs turn around and say the bigger clubs should have more english players when at the same time they smack a price tag twice the player's value on any english player that a premiership team is interested in, it makes me sick

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
8m?

that's more or less what we paid for rosicky.

you can close your eyes and still point to rosicky.

this over-price tag for english players are really crazy. this is one of the factors why some promising young english players face an early stagnant in their football skills and values development.

but then again this is also one of the fewer ways for not-so-successful clubs to squeeze money from.

it goes round and round and it's a crazy stuff.

IBL

Established Member
Wow, talk about crazy prices for English players. This guy has barely been in the prem for long yet has gone for such a large sum. Quite staggering

Grampus_Eight

Well Villa like the relegation sides are desperate for goals and he's bagged 6 or 7 this year, is very young and hit 15 in the championship last year. The overriding factor for all the bottom of the table teams is to stay up for next season's huge pay-day with the new TV package.

If Young is played as a midfielder and scores 10 goals a year from left midfield, it will have been money well spent, despite the english tax.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
yea Grampus_Eight, if only the english tax was deduced, i thought young might be an excellent sign for villa as in performance per price tag.

anyway it's not his fault that kind of price was slapped upon him. one thing's for sure, the higher the price, the higher the club's and fans' expectations on him will be and the more he will force himself to work harder.

maybe there's a silver lining behind it all.

he's a decent kid ain't he. all the best to him.

go49oner

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/2702/0/exclusive-villa-star-set-shock-january-move-arsenal?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4ce2a83e5596df44%2C0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... 96df44%2C0</a>

Ashley Young is ready to quit Aston Villa in January and make a shock switch to Arsenal, talkSPORT understands.

The England winger, who has a year left on his contract, has refused to sign a new deal at Villa Park, insisting he would sit down with the club at the end of the season.

But it now appears as though he is holding out for a move to the Emirates during the January transfer window.

The news will come as a massive blow to Villa boss Gerard Houllier, who would have hoped to rebuild his side around the likes of Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor.

It will also be a disappointment for Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp, who has long been linked with a move for the former Watford star.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Oh dear gawd, I sure hope not. A crock, a diver, overrated, and will probably want exorbitant wages.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would like but really can't see this happening. Arshavin, Nasri, Theo and Young would be arguably be the best wing options in Europe. All 4 would expect to start though so again THIS TRANSFER WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Timleaf

Established Member
A crock? Really? What injuries has he had?

Anyway, I think he's a good player and he's an Arsenal fan. wouldn't be against the idea of selling Arshavin in the summer and replacing him with Young.

outlaw_member

Established Member
He's a bit of a cross merchant, but I think we could do with someone who excells in delivering accurate passes from wide areas. My only worry would be the number of goals he could offer, but I wouldn't be all too against the idea.

Bourne

Established Member
I would usually flat out dismiss this, however the thing that caught my eye is that he only has a year left on his contract. That sounds like classic Wenger to me.

mo50

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Anyone else think he's not actually that good? Don't want him

Agreed. We've got a better, quicker player in Walcott. I don't see what he'd add to the team.

Next.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom