• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Young

phil15

Decent young player and another plus is his versatility, though it at least shows it isn't quiet on transfer front ( :shock: ) and wenger may even address some of the problems we have, i.e. in getting a left-winger.

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
sabret00the said:
Squad player in my opinion.

yep. he has arsenal 'ingredients' but i'm not convincd he has it at a high enough level for arsenal. then again he's young which is usually a good enough excuse for wenger
well one things for sure. this season has highlighted our need for wingers. i can see this guy coming in and replacing ljungberg more or less straight away (ability wise), whether or not wenger will be ruthless in his discard of ljungberg or wait till the summer is another question. with atleast one world class winger coming in for the summer (mark my words), walcott getting more game time on the wings, reverting to 4-4-2 and managing to provide rosicky with minutes i'll be honest and say i'm not sure how much game time this guy will get. unless of course we've given up on playing rosicky out wide and he'll be rotated with cesc, but how often is cesc likely to miss a game? it's a lot to consider and at best the most this guy can hope for is a regular spot on the bench.

patrick42uk

Established Member
if we sign another winger, its to make 4-5-1 work. its the only thing lacking, pentrative wingers who can close the gap between midfield and offensive with good pace and good dribbling and good link up play.

sabret00the

Established Member
i disagree. the fact of the matter is, 4-5-1 still suits no one in our squad. what we lack in a 4-4-2 is width and penetration from the middle a real winger can provide that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
whats there to disagree about? i'm not putting forward a case for 4-5-1. i'm saying its what wenger wants to and will play

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
whats there to disagree about? i'm not putting forward a case for 4-5-1. i'm saying its what wenger wants to and will play
hopefully you're wrong because this squad is wasted playing 4-5-1

Artillero

I just crave a player who runs at and beats the full backs.

We seem to attack in groups whick in turn results in less players in scoring positions in the area. Even Thierry is not beating me this season as much.

I love watching Ronaldo play anyone know a similar player? :?

I dont think its Young. :lol:

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Before considering of signing Ashley, think about giving Aliadiere a run first. That would be more practical.

We already did, and he doesn't look convincing enough.

illmatik

Established Member
Mr. Hotshot said:
tactica442 said:
Before considering of signing Ashley, think about giving Aliadiere a run first. That would be more practical.

when? when this season did we let him start..in the reserves he was on fire

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
illmatik said:
Mr. Hotshot said:
tactica442 said:

when? when this season did we let him start..in the reserves he was on fire

We gave him achance for almost every season that he's been with us (loans and injuries not included) and I've got to say we've given him enough. Sure, he was on fire with the reserves but so was Theo, Lupoli, Bendtner, Song, and others but the prem is a not the same as the reserves.

Jameel46

Established Member
Aliadiere was never given a real chance because everytime he got close to the first team he got injured and someone else took his place, and anyway it's most likely that he'll leave in January or in the summer.

as for ashley young a doubt that he'll be in the thoughts of Arsène Wenger, there's absolutely no reason to be looking at another striker or midfielder, let alone Ashley Young

Grampus_Eight

Of course we need more wide midfielders. I haven't seen Young play enough to make any judgment, but we certainly need a player who can beat his man off the dribble, run off the ball and convert opportunities into goals.

Freddie will never do this again. And he will never get fit again. He is destined to be chronically acutely injured.

Right now the only player we've got to do this vital work is Walcott, who I think is better served playing higher up the pitch, but if he is deployed out wide we need to have at least one probably two more options out there.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
With he name like that he must be A.Coles *****.

Other then that hes a very decent player. At the right price i would not mind him coming.

Bobo D. Clown

Seems very unlikely this one, wouldn't surprise me if DD circulates the rumour we're after a good young English prospect (Davies, Richards, Baines) everytime he's lining up a twice-the-talent, quarter-the-price, Le Boss uncovered gem of a player.

Even if he came he'd be doing it for the money to sit on the bench, don't want or need players like that. I like the idea of putting Aliadiere on a wing, he looks comfortable picking up the ball deep and carrying it and playing short sharp passes and as an attacker and not an out-and-out striker it'll take pressure off scoring goals. Or just sell him.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Artillero said:

We seem to attack in groups whick in turn results in less players in scoring positions in the area. Even Thierry is not beating me this season as much.

How about the left winger that plays for Watford, he impressed me when we played against us, I believe he is the guy who crossed the ball which deflected from Hoyte and they scored the equaliser, can't remember his name though. :?

entropy13

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Artillero said:

How about the left winger that plays for Watford, he impressed me when we played against us, I believe he is the guy who crossed the ball which deflected from Hoyte and they scored the equaliser, can't remember his name though. :?

Hameur Bouazza?

stuart

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Artillero said:

Hameur Bouazza?

I think that's who he is referring to, i hope he isn't talking about Young :lol: Bouazz, again is decent, very pacey but couldn't we doo better?? Abonglahor for instance

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom