• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Young

GDeep™

League is very weak
How much would he cost given he has 1 year remaining? Talk of a 25M price tag a few years ago when he was being linked with Chelsea, Villa can't ask for that if Young doesn't want to sign another contract. Young doesn't have much of a fan base on here but anything around 12M I would take him, can be very very useful for us.

Its not like we are solid on the wings, all of our players in that position have a question mark over them for some reason or the other.

Talksport are bollocks though, they also ''understand'' that Steklenberg would rather join UTD than Arsenal, yet they give nothing to back this up. This Young story might have legs due to the guys contact situation though.

Nela

Established Member
He's an Arsenal fan and his younger brother apparantly plays in our academy.

He doesn't seem like a Wenger player at all though(except for the possibility of getting him on the cheap of course).

Not a signing that would excite me to be honest.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I'd rather have Adam Johnson, but Young is a very very handy player that is underrated. I would definitely grab him if he wants to come.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Apparently, Adam Johnson is looking for a move out of City. I'd prefer we pursued him, though.
Always amazes me how quickly Johnson became the most overrated man in english football. Not that he isn't good, but at 23 years of age he's the same age as Nasri and much less accomplished. Something tells me that he's moving in order to get more playing time and not just to sit on the bench for a better club.

squallkid

Established Member
Ashley "supposedly World Class and Barcelona were after him in 2008" Young
images

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Has changed his game somewhat. At Watford and in his early Villa days he used to beat players more but now he tends to whip the ball in at every opportunity. No doubts from me that he is good enough to play here but I wouldn't lose Arshavin to bring him in.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
A crock? I actually can't remember the last time Ash was injured.

Anyway, Talksport=bollocks.

They seem to have extrapolated that the pires move is to replace Young, which is obviously not true.

Shue

Established Member
Wouldn't say no, Young down the left and Theo down the right would give fullbacks nightmares.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I wouldn't say no either. Wenger would turn Young in to a world class winger. Young is different to what we already have.

Mark

Established Member
I'm a big fan of Young. Not sure how people can be so uninterested, his stats are really impressive.

2007/08 - 9 goals, 17 assists
2008/09 - 9 goals, 14 assists
2009/10 - 9 goals, 16 assists
So far this season - 3 goals, 7 assists

A genuine wide player who can score from outside the area. Yes please. Wouldn't say no to Adam Johnson either.

Bossa

Established Member
Mark said:
I'm a big fan of Young. Not sure how people can be so uninterested, his stats are really impressive.

A genuine wide player who can score from outside the area. Yes please. Wouldn't say no to Adam Johnson either.

9 goals each season and now at 1/3 of the season he has 3 goals, 1/3 out 9. Thats pretty constant.

mo50

Established Member
Bossa said:
Mark said:

9 goals each season and now at 1/3 of the season he has 3 goals, 1/3 out 9. Thats pretty constant.

Those are some impressive stats. His assists tally is even more impressive, and with the attacking talent that would surround him here, those numbers would definitely increase.

I don't see the need for him, though. Unless he's replacing Arshavin.

Proof

Established Member
If we'll sign Young, we'll finally have one high-profile wide player, not a converted attacking midfielder in our squad. I would like us to sign him. Arshavin would be in trouble.

Anzac

Established Member
Weren't we supposedly linked to him before he went to Villa?

Yeah I'd take him as I doubt AA will be here for much longer.

Agreed that Chamakh & Bendtner would both enjoy the improved service quality, and that he'd improve here as a player as he almost seems to have plateaued at Villa as a result of his early success.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom