• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft CL Draft Results Discussion Thread

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Which is why I didn't compare the likes of Rijkaard, but rather the players I had in their best ever season like Redondo 99/00 which still loses out to Sousa Effenberg and Albertini. Pretty shocking stuffs.
Albertini was good but Redondo could do everything Albertini could do plus run with the ball and open spaces up with his passing. Albertini was just a very good holding midfielder while Redondo was a total footballer.

Uncle Good-Advice

Which is why I didn't compare the likes of Rijkaard, but rather the players I had in their best ever season like Redondo 99/00 which still loses out to Sousa Effenberg and Albertini. Pretty shocking stuffs.
Like I said before, to me Effenberg was the best one left out and I think he was magnificent. Redondo, as good as he was, scored grand 4 goals in 6 seasons in Madrid, probably better real life player than in fantasy games. Was often injured also which probably lowered his stock.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Redondo tied with Sousa no? Not going to pretend like I know enough to disagree with any conviction tbh but it’s not like Redondo is 80 and Sousa is 90.

I think a point here or there doesn’t really matter that much. Also the ratings are never going to satisfy everyone.

If we start taking a hatchet to the ones we agree on it’s just a slippery slope where people start saying their player should be higher etc.

I’m guessing the FIFA and FM devs have more people who’ve spent more time on this than any of us and they have some reasoning for it imo.

Also important to note that Redondo as a CM while Albertini is a DM. Ratings mean that Albertini is just better than Redondo at DM.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Hoping for a El Randomico final between you and Sapient 🤞

Clearly, you've no brotherly love for @Riou or any regard for his well-being.

Do you think he is ready? Do you have belief in his qualities, both tangible or otherwise? Will he be able to mentally recover from a thrashing at the hands of one of the modern age's most brilliant tacticians?

4ddb349345a6377085d8eb6a2ccd9d2d165d31fa2637ed58dc1c4c2bcb12ee46.jpg

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Which other ones are dodgy?
Sagnol 84 is a joke, guy was a cripple for most his career and didn't have a single outstanding season I could remember at Bayern. **** Evra obviously but he's a full tier at least above him. No idea why Völler is listed as anything but CF, he broke through at LW but only in the early years, actually spoke just yesterday about it with someone who knew him during his Offenbach days.

Rest of the team bar the backline is entirely overrated by 3-6 points, Effenberg Eriksen and Sousa especially genuinely don't make sense.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sagnol 84 is a joke, guy was a cripple for most his career and didn't have a single outstanding season I could remember at Bayern. **** Evra obviously but he's a full tier at least above him. No idea why Völler is listed as anything but CF, he broke through at LW but only in the early years, actually spoke just yesterday about it with someone who knew him during his Offenbach days.

Rest of the team bar the backline is entirely overrated by 3-6 points, Effenberg Eriksen and Sousa especially genuinely don't make sense.

Voller is 1992/93 and played for Marseille there apparently where they apparently lined up like this...

300px-Marseille-Milan_1993-05-26.svg.png

I don't get the Courtois slander tbh. Guy basically won them the CL last year so of course he's going to get a huge ratings boost from that. Guys like Mane and Eriksen this is just what FIFA and FM do, they rate players who do well for good teams..

Career wise no-one is taking say Eriksen over say Giggs but in that one off season he may have been better. That's the point of the game.

Has Rex bottled this again? Why no games been simmed?

Well funnily enough I was just about to say we'll do the ranking tournament now.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Voller is 1992/93 and played for Marseille there apparently where they apparently lined up like this...

I don't get the Courtois slander tbh. Guy basically won them the CL last year so of course he's going to get a huge ratings boost from that. Guys like Mane and Eriksen this is just what FIFA and FM do, they rate players who do well for good teams..

Career wise no-one is taking say Eriksen over say Giggs but in that one off season he may have been better. That's the point of the game.

Well funnily enough I was just about to say we'll do the ranking tournament now.

I took a week off work waiting for this.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Abedi was a #10 not a striker, he played behind Völler and Boksic. Probably got it from the wiki article.

No problem with Courtois's rating btw he was immense last season especially in the CL.

Sure Eriksen was good that year but good enough to be rated higher than eg Costa who won Atletico their first title and got them to a CL final? Not talking careers just their respective seasons. Some weird mix of nostalgia and PL slant going on tbf, but then some actual legends like Baresi are criminally underrated in comparison..

Either way not complaining about the draft just calling EA dickheads.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Abedi was a #10 not a striker, he played behind Völler and Boksic. Probably got it from the wiki article.

No problem with Courtois's rating btw he was immense last season especially in the CL.

Sure Eriksen was good that year but good enough to be rated higher than eg Costa who won Atletico their first title and got them to a CL final? Not talking careers just their respective seasons. Some weird mix of nostalgia and PL slant going on tbf, but then some actual legends like Baresi are criminally underrated in comparison..

Either way not complaining about the draft just calling EA dickheads.

Actually I'm wrong on Voller, it's my fault. I should've put him as CF but picked the wrong drop down option.

Yeah agree on Eriksen over Costa but one thing you have to bear in mind is the ratings are primarily for position. So Costa compared to other strikers was an 86 but Eriksen was one of the better midfielders in Europe that year.

Also that was really Costa's breakout year tbh, I think his rating skyrocketed once he'd banged them in for Chelsea. Only thing for Baresi that's sh*t is you couldn't pick him in the European Cup, would probably have been clear of even Maldini and Matthaus ratings wise then.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Actually I'm wrong on Voller, it's my fault. I should've put him as CF but picked the wrong drop down option.

Yeah agree on Eriksen over Costa but one thing you have to bear in mind is the ratings are primarily for position. So Costa compared to other strikers was an 86 but Eriksen was one of the better midfielders in Europe that year.

Also that was really Costa's breakout year tbh, I think his rating skyrocketed once he'd banged them in for Chelsea. Only thing for Baresi that's sh*t is you couldn't pick him in the European Cup, would probably have been clear of even Maldini and Matthaus ratings wise then.
Ah understood re Baresi.

Real ones know Costa since he was banging them in from the wing for ****ty Valladolid lol. Breakout season was probably 11/12 when your guys won against Real for the first time in a couple decades, won the CDR final even in the Bernabeu. Remember that genuine 10/10 ****housing masterclass from him, was toying with Ramos Coentrao etc

Obviously not enough to register with the fat pasty American soccerheads at EA until he moves to Chelsea though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ah understood re Baresi.

Real ones know Costa since he was banging them in from the wing for ****ty Valladolid lol. Breakout season was probably 11/12 when your guys won against Real for the first time in a couple decades, won the CDR final even in the Bernabeu. Remember that genuine 10/10 ****housing masterclass from him, was toying with Ramos Coentrao etc

Obviously not enough to register with the fat pasty American soccerheads at EA until he moves to Chelsea though.

Was at that 2013 Copa del Rey final mate. One of the best memories of my life. Ronaldo red card and their meltdown was delicious.

Think the issue for Costa was that he was fully living in Falcao's shadow and got seen as a support guy rather than the bandleader he was the next year. EA cheese is EA cheese though :lol:

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom