• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

GoonerJay24

He has good attributes but I don't think Arteta's the coach to improve him and his form currently is poor.

Must cut ties in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm sorry but 3 gift goals in europa you have to ask if he involved of match fixing. Guy wasn't make mistakes now he suddenly s**ting himself

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

and yet he still starts lol.

His errors are bad but I don't think they actually represent him as a player honestly. I think opponents have realised if you hang around long enough you'll get awarded.

I noticed it could have happened to others too but we got lucky.

mirrorstare

Arteta correctly stated we gifted 3 goals to the opposition, they just happened to capitalize on the one from Ceballos.

Could have easily been Luiz too, plus even our supposed best midfielders in Partey and Ødegaard kept gifting balls away in suspect areas. Clearly a coaching issue

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Harsh to blame Dani, imo...Leno should have passed it wide to Luiz, feel Bernd is more at fault here.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Harsh to blame Dani, imo...Leno should have passed it wide to Luiz, feel Bernd is more at fault here.
Kind of agree although Ceballos could have done better. Think this is 50/50 Leno and Ceballos. On the weekend I felt it was more 30/70 Leno and Xhaka. Regardless it could have been Luiz and/or Ødegaard just as well. Arteta needs to tighten this up as opponents are encouraged to pressure as long as we keep giving the ball away like this.

Iceman10

Established Member
I see comments above pointing to the way we play and an overall coaching issue, meaning what happened with Dani today could have happened with a number of players, but apart from that I don’t think this one can be forgotten now because of the two errors in the Benfica second leg.

There are issues with team execution playing out from the back but there also seem to be overall issues with Dani when he is in deep lying positions. As Dani is hardly an Aaron Ramsey when it comes to play further up the pitch it is really becoming tough to justify buying him this summer, even if only 20m and chucked in to some overall package deal with Ødegaard. I’m open to Ødegaard, although Buendia and others should also be considered, but I’m not really open on Ceballos anymore.

We should buy someone like Bissouma and make up one more CM option probably from what what we have already, which could be one from Azeez, Willock, ANN; the ship likely already sailed with Torreira and Guendouzi.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Today it’s ceballos tomorrow someone else. The manager insist on fiddling the ball at the back. Luiz already should have conceded one. This is how we will go out from this competition. And it’s 100% on the manager

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His celebrations are very endearing though...think someone in the match thread said he celebrates every goal like he just got away with a serious crime, perfect :lol:

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
His celebrations are very endearing though...think someone in the match thread said he celebartes every goal like he just got away with a serious crime, perfect :lol:

I think it was me! I know he celebrates it like taht all the time, but this is the second time he gets bailed out from a silly goal leading mistake like that.

I do think he just doesn't want to be here and was hoping to outlive Zidane, though. He won't, thankfully and Real Betis should do him a solid and get him home.

Melquiades

His celebrations are very endearing though...think someone in the match thread said he celebrates every goal like he just got away with a serious crime, perfect :lol:

Yeah, he kind of won me back a bit in the way he jumped around like an absolute idiot after Elneny scored. Mistakes he's making aren't through lack of effort - I think the guy is really a competitor and a good team guy. But man ... there's only so much rope you can give a guy. But then you write him off and that's the point where he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and has a game where he's one of the best players on the pitch.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Just saw the goal again and I still blame Leno 100%. He could have passed it wide and even the pass to Ceballos was underhit

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Just saw the goal again and I still blame Leno 100%. He could have passed it wide and even the pass to Ceballos was underhit
Literally came in to say this. Reviewed it again and he should have never have been passed the ball in the first place.

Leno's my guy but yeah Ceballos had a couple guys on him and there were easier options either side of him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I remember the days when an Arsenal midfielder could take the ball from the keeper or centre backs on a half turn and not lead to a goal. This is similar to the Xhaka incident but this one annoyed me more. Cellabos is right footed, he could have switched the ball out to Bellerin on the first touch instead he overestimated his ability and causes a goal.
This is his second poor outing in Europe. For someone who dreams of Real Madrid he should at least conquer Europa level teams first.

I couldn't find any other gifs or clips but you get my drift. I think it's lazy to blame Leno. I know our midfield is poor but these guys can handle a press. I've seen us do it against City, Liverpool and Leeds so why have we been idiots against Burnley and Olympiakos? It's frustrating because I see us make a move one direction, to only make mistakes I thought we overcame.

Last edited:

Pop Tart

Established Member
I do not get bringing him on in the first place after last Europa game. Way too soon. Sums up arteta and him not being bothered by this teams mistakes.

Did dani not make a mistake that led to a goal in the league cup against city?

Iceman10

Established Member
Literally came in to say this. Reviewed it again and he should have never have been passed the ball in the first place.

Leno's my guy but yeah Ceballos had a couple guys on him and there were easier options either side of him.

It is mostly on Leno, there are no Arsenal players close to Dani to allow his mind to quickly calculate a one-touch pass so he naturally sorts of freezes up. I only wonder alert-wise and mobility-wise whether a different player would figure out taking the ball on the half turn to get past the oncoming player but that’s something more suited to a special player like ESR. I do still think Dani’s overall skillset is too limited for Arsenal’s CM. He’s neither a satisfactory DLP or b2b, fair or not his errors against Benfica being one part of that overall determination. Talking about DLP’s, I can picture Santi making up for the bad pass.

A clear difference between this incident and the weekend incident is for the weekend incident Xhaka called for the ball confident he had time and space whereas in this case Ceballos was caught totally off guard, rightfully not expecting a pass to be made to him. That’s where difference in blame on Leno for the two incidents arises.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom