• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day Thread

What is the most realistic scenario?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Weird window.

We'll have shelled out £150m-ish. Pretty much all on good players or ones to watch for the future yet It's hard to see how we've improved our side much on last years.
the CM still not improved it's early to judge because we haven't seen any of White and Tomi yet Ødegaard quality is known if those 3 settled and played very well our team will be so much better. still not upgrading Xhaka is going to cost and it did already he got himself sent off and will miss 3 games hopefully there late surprise and we get CM even on loan.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leno
Tomiyasu White Gabriel KT
Partey - ?
Pepe Ødegaard Saka
Auba

Bench:
Ramsdale
Chambers
Holding
Tavares
Sambi
Xhaka
Martinelli
ESR
Lacazette

That CM signing gives us some depth. If it doesn’t happen today it best be the next player to come through the door.
Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

He thinks Xhakas not starting 95% of remaining league games

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

the CM still not improved it's early to judge because we haven't seen any of White and Tomi yet Ødegaard quality is known if those 3 settled and played very well our team will be so much better. still not upgrading Xhaka is going to cost and it did already he got himself sent off and will miss 3 games hopefully there late surprise and we get CM even on loan.
That's a massive issue for me. Midfield was a priority. Parteys injury history with us combined with Xhakas inability is a disaster of a midfield. Lokonga replaces Ceballos.

It feels like we are worse off than this time last year as there was optimism Partey could do a job and improve us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's a massive issue for me. Midfield was a priority. Parteys injury history with us combined with Xhakas inability is a disaster of a midfield. Lokonga replaces Ceballos.

It feels like we are worse off than this time last year as there was optimism Partey could do a job and improve us.
Quality wise is better number wise is worse and it's worrying because if it stay the same we need to pray Partey don't get injured and Xhaka don't be stupid in field.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We need to pray Lokonga really delivers in these three games and takes hold of the position while Xhaka is suspended because that's our only real hope for our midfield pivot improving this season. We're not signing a CM it's clear.

Like I said last October when we so devoid of ANYONE to play in between the lines and I was still in disbelief we didn't make a signing there, Emile Smith Rowe was my secret hope for the season. Lokonga will be my secret hope for this one. Hopefully it happens just as well but hard for lightning to strike twice.

Tbf Thomas-Xhaka was a pretty decent pivot when they played together last season and Thomas was fit. We all know Xhaka isn't the future because in the end he's got the idiot gene and idiots will do idiot things, but if he can play as he did last season and Thomas can stay fit we'll be okay there. Two big ifs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom