• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I seen some takes on twitter being like "guys just cos you don't like the super league idea doesn't mean you have to get all xenophobic and nationalist against Americans, I'm American and I don't support it 🙃"

And then I see stuff like this and i'm reminded that actually, f*ck americans, you know what I'm not gonna come for a football fan from Senegal or Indonesia who supports the super league, i'm not gonna sit on my perch in the UK and criticise people in a subaltern position, but i'm sure as f*ck gonna criticise imperialist Americans. You cannot be xenophobic against white Americans, this is postcolonial studies 101!!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Another curious thing is Arsenal is the only one of the 6 that hasn't tweeted a single thing since the announcement on Sunday. City and Utd don't even have a tweet about it. Liverpool, Chelsea and sp*rs tweeted about it but they've tweeted other stuff since. It's like the Arsenal account has gone underground.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Damn, can't believe I missed daddy Florentino spitting last night. But I've read his reasoning and reassurances and hopefully UEFA will back down and let this happen so we can all move forward!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Like really just the announcement of it could be the subject of a book in a few years time. The way Agnelli and Woodward lied to Uefa right up to the end, the way it was done at 11pm on a Sunday, the way not a single one of the clubs has said anything.

Just the sheer cowardice is galling. None of them told the coaches or players about it. None of them have come out and explained anything to the fans. Arsenal have tweeted on Sunday night and said nothing since. City and Utd haven't even tweeted about it, it's just on their club website!

It's like a lesson in bad PR

Iceman10

Established Member
Another curious thing is Arsenal is the only one of the 6 that hasn't tweeted a single thing since the announcement on Sunday. City and Utd don't even have a tweet about it. Liverpool, Chelsea and sp*rs tweeted about it but they've tweeted other stuff since. It's like the Arsenal account has gone underground.

Can you review this post. Not sure if some typos in it because you say Arsenal is the only club not to have tweeted about it and then later you bring up other clubs that apparently haven't tweeted about it, so Arsenal cannot be alone then. Also confusing because I have seen an Arsenal tweet on it.

TornadoTed

Established Member
With all this change afoot it makes me glad the snooker is on and the World Championship at least is exactly the same format as when I watched my first in 1985.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Can you review this post. Not sure if some typos in it because you say Arsenal is the only club not to have tweeted about it and then later you bring up other clubs that apparently haven't tweeted about it, so Arsenal cannot be alone then. Also confusing because I have seen an Arsenal tweet on it.

Arsenal haven't tweeted since the announcement, City and Utd didn't tweet the announcement. I'm saying Arsenal's twitter account is the only one to have not tweeted anything at all since Sunday night.

Iceman10

Established Member
Arsenal haven't tweeted since the announcement, City and Utd didn't tweet the announcement. I'm saying Arsenal's twitter account is the only one to have not tweeted anything at all since Sunday night.
tks, I get it now. Yeah, there will be hunkering down.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏊
If the contract is legally binding as Perez says then Oliver is per usual chatting utter bollocks.

Also how would he know? He isnt even close to being near that situation. Some journos bring it upon themselves. This is like transfer season all over again. Throw enough **** hoping for something to stick and after hearing what Jamie said about City and Chelsea on MNF he just jumped on that. Absolute cretin.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Don't know if it was 100% accurate but seen somewhere that Floretino Perez has said 16-24 year olds find the games too long and boring and that they need to change the game to interest them. More matches, shorter games, more breaks more opportunities for advertising. Disaster

roz

Fake News Merchant
So dramatic. “Gone underground” 😂

They know they’ll take a load of criticism so just haven’t bothered. They mostly just repost highlights of games we managed to win this season followed by “what a performance”. Usually against Fulham away or that west brom game. So cringe to see.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If the contract is legally binding as Perez says then Oliver is per usual chatting utter bollocks.

Also how would he know? He isnt even close to being near that situation. Some journos bring it upon themselves. This is like transfer season all over again. Throw enough **** hoping for something to stick and after hearing what Jamie said about City and Chelsea on MNF he just jumped on that. Absolute cretin.

I’m sure business rookies like Abramovich and whatever country owns City regularly sign binding multi-decade contracts on ultra high risk projects with absolutely no exit clause.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I’m sure business rookies like Abramovich and whatever country owns City regularly sign binding multi-decade contracts on ultra high risk projects with absolutely no exit clause.
And I'm sure the Americans do something like this without being assured that someone else can't back out immediately. Face it, this was a button of mutual destruction. That this went ahead in the first place, in the manner it did, says it all.

You don't hustle the hustler.

GoonerJay24

No, they are not. You can't win nothing of note for 30 years and be a big club. They have a big stadium and not much else. It makes total sense for them to have signed up for this. They've just spent all that money on that stadium as they slide backwards to their typical failure to even flatter to deceive. This is about the only way for them to avoid massive losses.
As Arsenal fans let's be objective unlike the media and other fanbases.

Your right Tottenham haven't won many trophies in recent decades. But historically they are a big club who have had great players and an identity for playing good football. They're not a giant club like us and Liverpool but they have pedigree.

Preacher

Always Crying
EzX1HEiVcAYN4UT

Fox News would be proud seeing this.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
And I'm sure the Americans do something like this without being assured that someone else can't back out immediately. Face it, this was a button of mutual destruction. That this went ahead in the first place, in the manner it did, says it all.

You don't hustle the hustler.

Yeah but the Americans are the ones who started this and wanted it. All the news since day one said that City and Chelsea were reluctant. If you follow that logic, the Americans invited City and Chelsea, so any concessions designed to make those two comfortable will have been made by the Americans.

Chelsea and City don't really need the money because profit is not their main aim. It's one of them sure, but that's not why they bought the clubs.

Iceman10

Established Member

Tory media aligned with the Tory Party and PM under huge political pressure over this (impotency would leave a big political opening for opposition parties).

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom