• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What world is Perez living in if he thinks young people aren't as interested in football? Pretty much every teenager / young adult I know loves the game.

What they can't afford to do is go watch their team every week when it costs them £40-50 a week just for the ticket.

Largely down to tossers like him who have priced them out of attended elite football.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This has been planned for more than two years and people think it will fall apart 24 hours after the announcement because of a claim from the unreliable Oliver Holt.

I think it will fall apart because of Governments. The fact that it will impact on National Teams if players are banned from playing will concern the Gov of all Countries involved. There are plenty of things the Gov can do, deny visas for eg.

Also I've not ruled out that the teams involved know this, which asks the question, is this just an elaborate bargaining ploy re a restructure of the CL? 🤔

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Don't know if it was 100% accurate but seen somewhere that Floretino Perez has said 16-24 year olds find the games too long and boring and that they need to change the game to interest them. More matches, shorter games, more breaks more opportunities for advertising. Disaster

Sounds like Perez is here to represent the interest of Fortnite players with the attention span of a goldfish.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Presumably Arsenal & Sp**s will just repay this before the ESL kicks off. Tbh if Kronke did cough up this kind of money the fans would go nuts!

Arsenal take out £120m Bank of England loan to ease Covid-19 cashflow worries​

This article is more than 3 months old
  • Club join Sp**s and FA in taking short-term loan

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

What world is Perez living in if he thinks young people aren't as interested in football? Pretty much every teenager / young adult I know loves the game.

What they can't afford to do is go watch their team every week when it costs them £40-50 a week just for the ticket.

Largely down to tossers like him who have priced them out of attended elite football.
Imagine the price of a Super League ticket

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think there's a solution to that Florentino lad. Stop offering and paying your players such obscene amounts of money. Lack of self awareness is staggering with this lot.

Almost like the answer to spending yourself into bankruptcy is maybe just stopping spending? If you’re worried about PSG and City get rules put in place to increase competivity.

Won’t do that though because they still want to enjoy the fact they’re richer than 99% of other clubs.

GLITCH

I seen some takes on twitter being like "guys just cos you don't like the super league idea doesn't mean you have to get all xenophobic and nationalist against Americans, I'm American and I don't support it 🙃"

And then I see stuff like this and i'm reminded that actually, f*ck americans, you know what I'm not gonna come for a football fan from Senegal or Indonesia who supports the super league, i'm not gonna sit on my perch in the UK and criticise people in a subaltern position, but i'm sure as f*ck gonna criticise imperialist Americans. You cannot be xenophobic against white Americans, this is postcolonial studies 101!!

Once the Americans takeover...

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Almost like the answer to spending yourself into bankruptcy is maybe just stopping spending? If you’re worried about PSG and City get rules put in place to increase competivity.

Won’t do that though because they still want to enjoy the fact they’re richer than 99% of other clubs.
I don't know what the situation with the clubs in Spain was throughout lockdown but it sounds like they wanted another of those government bail outs and got refused.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom