• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lol, as a Nigerian, speaking from the pov of a Nigerian living in Nigeria, a League with those teams without the EPL isn't going to move the needle. We don't care. I've never met a fan of those clubs in Nigeria or in my extensive travels across Africa. I bet the same rings true across Asia too.
So you think people in Asia would rather watch Southampton vs West Ham compared to Napoli vs Bayern for example?

Ripe Banana

So you think people in Asia would rather watch Southampton vs West Ham compared to Napoli vs Bayern for example?
People rarely watch matches with outcomes that do not in anyway affect their favourite teams. I won't make out time to watch Napoli vs Bayern if the result has no effect on Arsenal. If i had free time? sure, i'll watch. But i'll also watch Southampton vs West Ham if i had nothing better to do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People talking about international fans staying loyal to certain leagues and clubs are missing the bigger picture.

If it has the best players and a really great TV broadcasting deal everyone will watch.

15 years ago the IPL didn’t even exist now it’s the dominant force in cricket. They had no established brands like a Liverpool or Barcelona before this either.

If you asked someone what the Chennai Super Kings were they’d probably think it was a knock off cigarette brand.

Ripe Banana

People talking about international fans staying loyal to certain leagues and clubs are missing the bigger picture.

If it has the best players and a really great TV broadcasting deal everyone will watch.

15 years ago the IPL didn’t even exist now it’s the dominant force in cricket. They had no established brands like a Liverpool or Barcelona before this either.

If you asked someone what the Chennai Super Kings were they’d probably think it was a knock off cigarette brand.
That really great Tv deal won't happen without the PL teams, which was my intial point

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Lol, as a Nigerian, speaking from the pov of a Nigerian living in Nigeria, a League with those teams without the EPL clubs isn't going to move the needle. We don't care. I've never met a fan of those clubs in Nigeria or in my extensive travels across Africa. I bet the same rings true across Asia too.
They need the English teams. why do you think they were willing to give 6 permanent spots to the English clubs in the last proposal?
Africa is 70%+ Madrid or Barcelona fans bro what are you on about. Francophone countries in general don't give a **** about the Prem.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That really great Tv deal won't happen without the PL teams, which was my intial point

We say that but it’s all up in the air. If the league gets some crazy private sector financial backing and member clubs can spend like mad with no FFP you’ll see a mass exodus of talent.

If the likes of Haaland, Mbappe and Messi are in this new league the TV contracts will follow. It’s what’s breakaway leagues in other sports have needed.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People rarely watch matches with outcomes that do not in anyway affect their favourite teams. I won't make out time to watch Napoli vs Bayern if the result has no effect on Arsenal. If i had free time? sure, i'll watch. But i'll also watch Southampton vs West Ham if i had nothing better to do.
Well fair enough. But you are in the minority. Otherwise the championship league wouldn’t be so big. Napoli has played the best football in whole of Europe this season and I would bet majority here would watch Bayern vs Napoli than Southampton vs West Ham

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
70%+ ? lol, Nigeria only is 200 mil+, the Francophone countries total population is how much?
500m-ish? Not like there aren't any Barca/Madrid fans outside those countries either, I've a cousin in Lagos who's a Barcelona fan.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

500m-ish? Not like there aren't any Barca/Madrid fans outside those countries either, I've a cousin in Lagos who's a Barcelona fan.
There are more Barca/real fans in Africa than Arsenal fans for sure

Ripe Banana

We say that but it’s all up in the air. If the league gets some crazy private sector financial backing and member clubs can spend like mad with no FFP you’ll see a mass exodus of talent.

If the likes of Haaland, Mbappe and Messi are in this new league the TV contracts will follow. It’s what’s breakaway leagues in other sports have needed.
For a long time the best players in the world played in spain and dominated Europe though, didn't stop the EPL from running away from them in terms of broadcast money.

Ripe Banana

Nah he doesn't lol
bars/viewing centers are where the overwhelming majority of Nigerians watch football, and these bars never put laliga matches on expect except for El Classico. And that was at the height of the Ronaldo-Messi rivalry. These days they barely put those on too because people just aren't even interested anymore.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You don't punish Ikea for having a better store than Argos.
Great analogy. Ikea is absolute garbage that's only everywhere because of the commercial power and savviness of its management, not because their stuff is actually good. They're more known for their kottböllar and donuts here than for Billy and Pax.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom