• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Generic Scottish football thread

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I've long thought Japan would eventually end up producing quality footballers, because of a number of factors, but it seems like in the last couple of decades they've started taking it more seriously. Hopefully they see the benefits.

Also Celtic play far more fluid and better football than we do.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Two excellent goals from Hatate, the first took a little deflection but what a hit for the second. Rangers awful :drool:

Hope @bingobob is enjoying this.
Bingo is watching this in a Glasgow hotel with a massive smile on his face. That's how football is played.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I've long thought Japan would eventually end up producing quality footballers, because of a number of factors, but it seems like in the last couple of decades they've started taking it more seriously. Hopefully they see the benefits.

All about the manager. Postecoglou is of the you score two we will score three variety. As good as the Japanese players have been he is the main man. I hope Celtic hold onto him but if he moves i hope its only an upward move to the likes of us. He doesn't deserve anything below that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

All about the manager. Postecoglou is of the you score two we will score three variety. As good as the Japanese players have been he is the main man. I hope Celtic hold onto him but if he moves i hope its only an upward move to the likes of us. He doesn't deserve anything below that.
How has he got them to play so good so quickly? Normally it takes managers 3 years to get their style in

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Kind of agree to some extent but some of these Japanese talents are destined for the top and I feel that teams like Celtic are the perfect environment for them to adapt to Europe and develop the physical side to their game. What helps someone like Hatate is that Furuhashi/Ange were already at the club which probably shortened the adaptation process. The same goes for Maeda and Ideguchi but Hatate is the best of the lot imo.

Mitoma is another one that we should all keep an eye on, he’ll be in the PL next season with Brighton and it will be interesting to see how he makes that jump as he’s another one that’s very talented.

I’m a massive fan of the J League and watch it whenever I get the chance to, so it feels good when these talents get a move to a proper team in Europe and not Belgium, Bundesliga II or Ligue 2. Those leagues are like the Bermuda Triangle, they pretty much swallow up these talents and they can’t make it out of there. It’s happened quite a few times over the years, I have high hopes for a player then he ends up moving to those dead leagues, the most recent one was Yuma Suzuki who I’d thought would do a lot better in Europe but he’s stuck in the Belgium league despite scoring 17 goals there last season.

Even moving directly to an elite club does have some disadvantages as you can see from the Kubo situation of just being loaned out constantly and there was even Usami who moved to Bayern but he found it tough there then he just moved around Germany.

That’s why I initially said that Celtic is the perfect environment for these talents to shine as it’ll be their pathway to the PL.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Once qualification is wrapped up, whatever group they get drawn into in the World Cup 2022 will be in for a problem. I have them and Senegal down as my dark horses for the competition.

Can see the league developing even more over the next few years as these players performing in Europe are definitely helping to give awareness.

Goonger

It also helps when your opponent show no willingness to match aggression or intensity. I was horrified at that first half from Rangers. Never seen a first half like it. Its an Old Firm game FFS, that should be the bare minimum. We've seen it down here with City & Liverpool, don't match their work rate & effort and they will just run through you, and that's what Celtic did last night. Hearts showed last week 2nd half have a go back at them and they can be got at, yet we put in that spineless performance first half? Reminded me a bit of the Liverpool 5-1 game under Rodgers at Anfield.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Another assist for Hatate. This lad is special.

Tir Na Nog

Surprised @bingobob hasn't bumped this thread yet but Celtic are leading Rangers 2-1 at Ibrox. Ramsey opened the scoring for Rangers before Rogic quickly responded and Celtic scored again before half time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Celtic's team these days...

3c8dbe27-511f-44a2-833c-55e63eaf1f7c_text.gif

Tir Na Nog

Celtic's team these days...

3c8dbe27-511f-44a2-833c-55e63eaf1f7c_text.gif

Hatate is meant to be a good wee player, no idea about Maeda but what happened to the other Japanese forward they had, he had a blistering start if I recall correctly.

Riou

Hatate is meant to be a good wee player, no idea about Maeda but what happened to the other Japanese forward they had, he had a blistering start if I recall correctly.

I remember hearing some rumours a few years ago, about Japan possibly having a golden generation on their hands, maybe those rumours were true.

Tir Na Nog

I remember hearing some rumours a few years ago, about Japan possibly having a golden generation on their hands, maybe those rumours were true.

It's about time, I always thought factoring in everything Japan should be a bit more of a force than they have been. I know baseball is the most popular sport but football wouldn't be too far behind and considering their population and other factors it's only a matter of time before they really start improving.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hatate hasn’t been good at all in this game, that change was definitely needed as he ran out of steam.

Celtic are a bit unfortunate that Kyogo has been ruled out for this long. I think he would have caused Rangers a few problems.

Riou

This little Scottish ref is amazing, tbh.

He just rag-dolled that Rangers player all over the pitch there :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Celtic win and look likely to go on and win the title, I wouldn't have expected that at the start of the season tbh. Fair play to Postecoglou for the work he's done, perhaps Gerrard's departure has had an impact but Celtic have shown the consistency in the league.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom