• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gunners on international duty

arshy9

Established Member
Giroud and Sagna won't start according to various French papers.

Vermaelen will probably not playe 90m since he played full time against Colombia

Cazorla and Monreal are likely to play against South Africa ,though,I doubt both of the will complete the game.

Gibbs probably won't play today whilst Wilshere will probably be given 60 if he starts

Mertesacker is likely to play 90m since he didn't play against Italy.

Szczency could play for Poland as well since he didn't feature in their previous game.

Am I missing any other players who could play this week ?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gibbs and Wilshere are on the bench
Giroud and Sagna are on the bench
Monreal will start but Cazorla will be on the bench
Mertesacker will start
This is what the journos are reporting on twitter

dave_rwr

Established Member
That would be good for us. Kos and Özil with a full rest, Mertesacker getting back into the swing of things after a bit of time off, everyone else who could use a break at least gets likely 60 minutes off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chris Wheatley ‏@GoonerTalk
Germany boss Löw on Serge Gnabry: "The boy is really good. He has exceptional qualities. I'm still open [to him making the WC squad]."

Nice.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Löw seems to be a big Gnabry fan, understandably so, Surging Serge has a mix of a brilliant technical and physical skill set. Delighted he signed a new long term deal, he needs to keep pushing and become a bonafide LW option now.

He's done well when he's played, his cameo at OT impressed me too, seems unaffected by the big stage which is always great for young players.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
thedon5 said:
That's insane when you consider the players he'd be competing with.
Jain (German for yes and no). Germany have plenty of very good attacking midfielders to pick from, but most of them aren't natural wide players. Gnabry is maybe judged to offer something different.

Anyway good and deserved encouragement for Serge that Low is considering him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Don't think Löw is honestly considering him to be honest, probably more of a pleasantry than a serious remark. He's definitely keeping tabs on him though.

yuvken

Established Member
jones said:
Don't think Löw is honestly considering him to be honest
But he may honestly consider him to be a good player :mrgreen:

It is reasonable to think he just wanted to say he's noticed him, but also there are a few good months till then. 19 year olds pass through a lot in such a period - particularly if they experience their first winning season run. And a few injuries could mean he really is thinking about it.

It's also a good opportunity to note that it's not just Wenger and some of us: the world took note. Serge Gnabry is on his way to be a star. All the other german big names? ok. But he's going to be one of them.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
yuvken said:
jones said:
Don't think Löw is honestly considering him to be honest
But he may honestly consider him to be a good player :mrgreen:

I honestly agree there :D

Happens when you honestly should be working and instead post on A-M.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he doesnt have a prayer in the world of making the german team for the WC unless he somehow explodes for us in the second half of the season and bangs in 10+ goals..

Low may think he's good and a player to watch for the future (which i agree with), but he's nowhere near the german senior side at this point in time.. does germany have a u-21 side? if so, he hasnt even played for them yet..

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think he's caught Lows eyes for, among other useful qualities, his maturity and diligence for one so young. Even if he were to find himself completely out of his depth, he wouldn't cost you much. Like a free gamble.

ArseGod

Don't think he makes the WC squad, but I do think he offers Germany something different. A good target for Serge would be the next Euros and becoming a regular player for us. I think we'll start to see more of him soon

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Löw seems to be a big Gnabry fan, understandably so, Surging Serge has a mix of a brilliant technical and physical skill set. Delighted he signed a new long term deal, he needs to keep pushing and become a bonafide LW option now.

He's done well when he's played, his cameo at OT impressed me too, seems unaffected by the big stage which is always great for young players.
Isn't Gnabry best on the right wing? It's Chamberlain who's at his best on the left.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
SiMamu said:
Taylor Gang Gunners said:

Isn't Gnabry best on the right wing? It's Chamberlain who's at his best on the left.

Either flank for both.

I was thinking more toward LW for Serge because with Poldi and Santi being our current LW options, neither are similar to Gnabry in terms of playing style, Gnabry provides a lot more genuine pace and width. On the RW Ox and Theo both provide quality pace and width.

But yeah, Gnabry and Ox can operate on either flank, wouldn't bother me at all, I just want both to get sufficient game time.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Götze makes reference to 'BFG' on his Fb :D.

eElQG.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom