• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,953
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanth

Hope we get Partey, who is cheaper & a more versatile player.
Aouar is a passenger without the ball and can't play in 3-4-3 which would be our main formation this season.

What do you mean by versatility? His physicality or athleticism is perhaps the only thing lacking in our squad, and I don't think that alone warrants 50m. He can't pass as well as Xhaka and his dribbling isn't necessarily better than that of Ceballos, and who is just as good in tight spaces. Also, people can meme about it but resale value and high wages are real concerns that have plagued us over the past few years. Aubameyang is in a special class of players for whom we can excuse such things.

Aouar is one of the most highly-rated young talents in Europe who has the incisiveness in the final third that we desperately lack. We don't have a midfielder who can receive the ball near the penalty box and dribble through the defenders or take players out of the game. A presence in the final third that would have helped us against Brighton and Aston Villa last season. He's not a passenger just because he's positioned higher up the pitch.

We're not playing a strict 3-4-3 like Wolves are. If you see the heatmap against Fulham, it's actually closer to a 4-3-3 with AMN having a free role in the left and often linking up with Auba or making runs into the box. Aouar can easily slot in there but more centrally, although he's also capable of playing as a left midfielder.

Moah

Bringing Partey is way more essential than Aouar. We are heavily reliant on Xhaka on our current system and that needs to change. I would give Willian the AM spot and bring Pepe back to the starting line-up.

Xanth

Bringing Partey is way more essential than Aouar. We are heavily reliant on Xhaka on our current system and that needs to change. I would give Willian the AM spot and bring Pepe back to the starting line-up.

We rely on Xhaka for his passing. Partey doesn't quite have that covered. If anything, his strengths are more in line with what Ceballos is good at.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So it means Xhaka and Partey are compatible. Then a Xhaka-Partey-Ceballos midfield is complete. So, what is the need for Aouar?

Hear me out.

Ceballos isn't guaranteed to be here next year, I think he's purely for squad depth. We play a match every 3 games for the duration of the season after the next international break. We definitely needed Ceballos as well as the other two.

Also the fact that we can break Aouar in nicely whilst having Ceballos is golden, next season Aouar will be the main stay starter hopefully with Partey.

Xanth

So it means Xhaka and Partey are compatible. Then a Xhaka-Partey-Ceballos midfield is complete. So, what is the need for Aouar?

Because they all excel in the same area on the pitch, which is nice in general but not when we're facing teams defending deep or parking the bus. That setup will give us better control in the midfield but we'll face the same issues when going further up the pitch and trying to create chances. Teams like Aston Villa and Sheffield United won't take the bait and be beguiled by our attempts at beating their press. It's also why earlier in the window when Lacazette's departure seemed like a possibility, I was in favour of getting Edouard in addition to Aouar.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Both are key because one offers stability strength in midfield the other dribbling ability and creativity
No Yousif. We need a strong black African midfielder, we have needed Partey for so long. I don’t want to be bullied anymore. We go strong and black now. Like 2004.

Partey first, Aouar second.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No Yousif. We need a strong black African midfielder, we have needed Partey for so long. I don’t want to be bullied anymore. We go strong and black now. Like 2004.

Yes AM love big black tall midfielder. I'm with you with this one.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Get the feeling very few here have actually seen Partey play, instead just throw around tired cliches related to his size/skin colour

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I want my midfielders like I want my coffee.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Get the feeling very few here have actually seen Partey play, instead just throw around tired cliches related to his size/skin colour
Hahaha I’m sorry, I have seen Partey play, he is a pretty unique combination of size, strenght, ability and discipline. Rarely have I seen a player like him who has so much ability yet is so well positioned all the time and defensively responsible. Have to applaud Simeone for training him so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom