• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,688
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
That's why he started in the first game.

It’s the first game back, and only came shortly after he rejoined us.

He hasn’t left real Madrid to come here and be on the bench, and on merit he will be a starter here.

Surely you aren’t this dense, I refuse to believe you are this much of a *****.

Reactions: roz

Vanfrothan

We definitely need both which is why I just can't see this happening.

It's probably the years of Bryan Arsenal fan that have twisted me but I think we're more likely to get none than both. :(

More than happy to be proved wrong though!!

Xanth

Had we not recalled Ceballos, I would probably have preferred signing Partey to Aouar. However, in our current situation, adding Partey would simply have the effect of reinforcing an area of our midfield we already have covered, while ignoring the huge lack of creativity and threat ahead, particularly against teams that have no trouble sitting back and challenging us to unlock their defence instead of pressing us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We definitely need both which is why I just can't see this happening.

It's probably the years of Bryan Arsenal fan that have twisted me but I think we're more likely to get none than both. :(

More than happy to be proved wrong though!!

Going to need some big sales to get both. If what Fab is saying is true, they're prioritising Aouar and it makes perfect sense because how easy the Partey deal is to complete.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It’s the first game back, and only came shortly after he rejoined us.

He hasn’t left real Madrid to come here and be on the bench, and on merit he will be a starter here.

Surely you aren’t this dense, I refuse to believe you are this much of a *****.

Guarantee you Elneny and Xhaka start against West Ham. Ceballos will have to fight for his place just like anyone else in the squad, if you don't think that then you are the dense ***** here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Going to need some big sales to get both. If what Fab is saying is true, they're prioritising Aouar and it makes perfect sense because how easy the Partey deal is to complete.

Partey should be the priority, much prefer him to Aouar.

What makes the Partey deal so easy to complete?

senna

Ceballos hasnt rejoined us to provide squad depth. He is supposed to be in the starting eleven and thats fairly obvious. Otherwise he wouldnt be here.

If Aouar & Partey both arrive - being reported we'd play more 4-3-3. Makes sense given our improved defence with Gabriel, Saliba added & Partey more athletic to shield the defence. With the number of games we'll play with Europa & cups should be enoguh for Ceballos to get enough games rotating with Aouar, Partey & Xhaka. With whoever is left eg Guendouzi providing injury cover.

Could also see Aouar playing wide left in certain games with Auba moving into the centre in certain games.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
****ing hell, Aouar playing wide left (despite the fact we’ve got Auba, Martinelli, Saka, Willian, Pepe all fighting for space on the wing predominantly).

I’ve heard it all now :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Na-ah doesn’t make sense! We need Partey more than Aouar!
If they want both and they can only get one without sales, it makes sense to get Aouar right now. Then they can trim the squad and raise funds to trigger Partey's clause which could easily happen even in the last few days of the window. If they go for Partey first, there is no guarantee they'll have the time to get a deal for Aouar over the line because Lyon are tough negotiators.

What makes the Partey deal so easy to complete?
It's a release clause. :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Oh yeah. :lol:

How much money are we gonna get though...we could only really sell Niles, maybe Lucas (think that will end up a loan with an option to buy though) for decent money.

We can probably only afford one, as Stan won't help us...much rather Thomas.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Partey deal is easier because it's release clause no negotiation needed. Aouar in other hand you'll need to convince Lyon to accept installments add ons etc.. Aouar cheaper deal for us but complicated Partey expensive deal for us but easier for us to do.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If they want both and they can only get one without sales, it makes sense to get Aouar right now. Then they can trim the squad and raise funds to trigger Partey's clause which could easily happen even in the last few days of the window. If they go for Partey first, there is no guarantee they'll have the time to get a deal for Aouar over the line because Lyon are tough negotiators.

So we risk some other desperate club triggering his release clause between now and the end of the window?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How much money are we gonna get though...we could only really sell Niles, maybe Lucas (think that will end up a loan with an option to buy though) for decent money.

We can probably only afford one, as Stan won't help us...much rather Thomas.
Lucas is basically gone, could easily see Kolasinac and Bellerin go. Any fee they could get for Sokratis would be a bonus as well, not to mention Balogun.

Based on what Fabrizio is saying, the club have more money than most would assume a few sales might get them to the £45m they need.
So we risk some other desperate club triggering his release clause between now and the end of the window?
If anyone was in for him, they would have done it by now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Only team who would trigger the release clause is Arsenal. If we get to deadline day and it hasn't been triggered i'd be pretty surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom