• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,286
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If we sold Xhaka and replaced him with Aouar you're looking at him possibly having a tough season, lots of pressure and with Partey having to babysit him during games, keeping Xhaka now you know he can be eased in and our midfield can adapt but also go back to a PL ready pairing in Xhaka/Partey. Some games all three can play.

You have then bought for the future as well since Aouar will take the reigns from Xhaka and Lokonga eventually Partey. I hate when I talk sense because it gets me upset.

Ødegaard/ESR/Maddison, at least two of them creating along with Aouar, sometimes ESR left and one 10 or play with Saka/Pepe and only have one ten.

So many damn options yet here we are only being able to pair Xhaka and Partey.

Reactions: Kav

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If we sold Xhaka and replaced him with Aouar you're looking at him possibly having a tough season, lots of pressure and with Partey having to babysit him during games, keeping Xhaka now you know he can be eased in and our midfield can adapt but also go back to a PL ready pairing in Xhaka/Partey. Some games all three can play.

You have then bought for the future as well since Aouar will take the reigns from Xhaka and Lokonga eventually Partey. I hate when I talk sense because it gets me upset.

Ødegaard/ESR/Maddison, at least two of them creating along with Aouar, sometimes ESR left and one 10 or play with Saka/Pepe and only have one ten.

So many damn options yet here we are only being able to pair Xhaka and Partey.
I like your thinking, but youre going abit @HairSprayGooners on us!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The thing is to me it makes even more sense now we're keeping that loser Xhaka. Aouar's stock has fallen that you could probably bed him into this season, less pressure on him to perform while hopefully making a big enough impact to become a starter year after. Add Ødegaard/Maddison and we've revamped our midfield.
We want to sell willock. Buying auoar would mean other clubs know we have to sell willock and can’t act like we can keep him if you don’t match our valuation. Do we kinda fvcked in a way and other clubs know this as well. Roma forced our hand to keep xhaka and offer him a deal by calling us out on our bluff and we have no choice now. If willock stays no cm can be bought.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

We want to sell willock. Buying auoar would mean other clubs know we have to sell willock and can’t act like we can keep him if you don’t match our valuation. Do we kinda fvcked in a way and other clubs know this as well. Roma forced our hand to keep xhaka and offer him a deal by calling us out on our bluff and we have no choice now. If willock stays no cm can be bought.

?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
if we sign him mean no Maddison or we sign him to compete with Partey or Xhaka? because don't get me hyped about having both Aouar and Maddison is squad this is CL level of talent.

it seem teams waiting for last 2 weeks it's clear they don't wanna wait for Aulas to be difficult in negotiations i can even see Aouar moving for under 25M.
You can't get both. Aouar's defensive numbers are really poor. You put him at LCM in a creative role in a midfield three, just like Maddison. Or Maddison at '10' in a 4-2-3-1. Aouar could do it too probably, but he's used to 4-3-3 and it suits him better.

If you get both the defensive midfielder is going to have a torrid time, just like Smith-Rowe on the bench.

Buying either means you sell Willock as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You can't get both. Aouar's defensive numbers are really poor. You put him at LCM in a creative role in a midfield three, just like Maddison. Or Maddison at '10' in a 4-2-3-1. Aouar could do it too probably, but he's used to 4-3-3 and it suits him better.

If you get both the defensive midfielder is going to have a torrid time, just like Smith-Rowe on the bench.

Think we selling willock anyway. Aouar is more CM than AM not sure if happen but having 4 options of Partey Aouar Lokonga and Xhaka is massive improvement from last season

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't care about Willock if we got Aouar.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like the player a lot, but it would piss me off signing him so late in the window. He's been very available all summer at a good price, buying him now is just an admission you done f*cked up somewhere along the line.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I like the player a lot, but it would piss me off signing him so late in the window. He's been very available all summer at a good price, buying him now is just an admission you done f*cked up somewhere along the line.
Ya
it is acceptable only if we manage to sign Maddison and Aouar while trying to sell Elneny and have Aouar Partey Xhaka Willock and Lokonga as the main set of CMs

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
French teams desperately need money. If it comes to the end of the window and we bid for Aouar, he will push for the move and we will get him at the lowest possible price.

That is ofcourse if we actually do bid for him before someone else gets him. I'd also say that he would represent possibly our 3rd choice? That probably doesn't bode well.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Wouldn't care about Willock if we got Aouar.
I wouldn't put it so bluntly, because I like Willock and I like a club that develops and plays it's own prospects, but I would be also be happy with that swap. We gain a more creative force in midfield and we lose a runner/scorer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't put it so bluntly, because I like Willock and I like a club that develops and plays it's own prospects, but I would be also be happy with that swap. We gain a more creative force in midfield and we lose a runner/scorer.
Aouar can score.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

25M for Willock is good value in my opinion, yeah he looked great at Newcastle but so did Lingard at West Ham, both had great patches but we're yet to see it over a full season and I'd take the money while the value is high, also both are valued at probably 20-30M at this point. For me, Aouar has put in top performances in the CL every season and which is why I'd take the gamble.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I was all for this especially at that price, but the fact that no one is biting is very weird, something is off here..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I was all for this especially at that price, but the fact that no one is biting is very weird, something is off here..
Its his agent or they waiting until last 2 weeks so Aulas will forced the price is too good to turn down but your agent ask for 20m agent fee will drive everyone off

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Think there are lots of factors, for example, the fact there's not much money outside of England and he seems a bit of a gamble atm, the weirdest thing is why if we wanted him he's not here yet but again maybe it's down to wanting to get players out first? I don't know, probably just not interested anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom