• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,585
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's not rubbish, but if he is what we need, then we should have kept Willock and developed him.
I’ve probably seen him twice at most, doubt many on here have seen him much either. From what I’ve read online Lyon fans rate Caqueret and Bruno higher.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I've seen him play. He's temperamental. He's very good when he's good (going forward), but he's non-existent when he's not. He was never what we needed.
I am a fan of his and I would actually agree with this.

He's over Lyon and wanted a move which led to a subdued and indifferent season. Very gifted but there's no point whilst Mikel is here and I think they've picked up on this too.

Whether it's true or not, he has the rep of a bad attitude now, much like Dortmund Aubameyang.

OSBK

Established Member

He's over Lyon and wanted a move which led to a subdued and indifferent season. Very gifted but there's no point whilst Mikel is here and I think they've picked up on this too.

Whether it's true or not, he has the rep of a bad attitude now, much like Dortmund Aubameyang.

Exactly, lyon play serious hardball with transfers. If he has had moves available and been denied over and over again this could be the cause of the bad attitude. Also some players who have these reported attitudes just need a change, ASM at newcastle had a reported bad attitude but has been stella for them.

I dont want to see him end up at Sp**s or newcastle for 15mill and start doing well.

chessygoal

The reputation issue is just an easy narrative driven by media. It's a common trope in France, young immigrant having issues with his coach (Garcia is a prick), and you are labeled as a bad guy. Aouar, like Fekir before, like Anelka before him doesn't like to talk, and that's it.
If we can get him at a good price we should, with the way our season is going, I'm not sure we'll be able to attract a player of his caliber in years to come.
And by the way he's far from the finished article I'd argue he was better when he first broke through. Yes right now he's super inconsistent and disappear in tough games, but with Arteta I'm pretty sure he'll improve on that, like Pepe did.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Playing for Lyon now as an AM. Not where we would play him considering we have Ødegaard and ESR. Has an assist as well.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watching him now, and whilst he has an assist(last pass from a flowing move), he doesn’t seem to get on the ball that much and dictate play or try to make things happen, but that may be by design since he’s playing AM. If you also wanted someone to play deeper, then it would clearly be Maxence Caqueret. I can see the appeal, but with ESR and Ødegaard buzzing around, not sure where he would fit.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Watching him now, and whilst he has an assist(last pass from a flowing move), he doesn’t seem to get on the ball that much and dictate play or try to make things happen, but that may be by design since he’s playing AM. If you also wanted someone to play deeper, then it would clearly be Maxence Caqueret. I can see the appeal, but with ESR and Ødegaard buzzing around, not sure where he would fit.
He's comfortable coming deep and getting the ball and in the construction phase deeper. He's definitely an option as an 8 beside Thomas or Lokonga against sides that sit deeper, it would be Arteta's job to make it work.

After yesterday I am convinced I want either him or Ilaix before the window is over. Need top quality in central midfield. Tired of being bossed there consistently.

I said when we were first linked with him I was sure City would go for him because he's the ideal 8 for a Guardiola side. I was wrong about City going for him but I stick to that statement. Guardiola would absolutely make him work as an 8 in his side. Arteta wants to play like Guardiola so it's his job to make it work.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If there’s any genuine interest in Elneny we’d be real dim not to ship him out and try Aouar on loan.

Edit: Just seen its an obligation not an option. Surely that means a couple clubs will come calling? Take him now, pay next year. A COVID-deal if you will.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Come on Arsenal we desperately need him for an upgrade on Xhaka and Partey.

Chelsea match showed how much are cms are lacking technically compared to Jorginho.

Wished we spent the 50m on Neves instead of White.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Loan with obligation is suit us. with Willian Torreira gone and maybe Elneny it open the doors for another Midfielder we need someone to put more competition. only willian going it open the doors even more because ESR will be more used on wings than number 10.

Diesel

Aouar is ****. Wouldnt take unless it was a loan with option at 12 million. Him and his brother will be in Marseille in 2 years tops.

Reactions: Xln
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom