• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,585
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Did not mean to imply Bissouma is happening, I just said we have enquired just like ManU and Liverpool did, but they wanted a massive fee early in the window already.

Just think like many others that he'd been a great choice. Dont wanna miss out on Sambi though, already love that kid.
I was answering more to others like Legend14. Apparently they want at least 40 million pounds for Bissouma. Wouldn't surprise if they wanted even more as he might be very important for them to stay up, which is worth much money.

RB is difficult unless we manage to offload Bellerin.

What we need is rotation quality and ability to break down busses. Aouar would be a cheap help with that, maybe even a loan first.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It would be dumb to pick up this player to sit the bench. Instead, pay to get Bissouma or someone else of proven quality to start with Partey. Then sit Xhaka. This player is no better than Willian. We need to upgrade starting positions, not add mediocrity to our bench.

Utter Nonsense. Tottenham was even smart enough to say no.

I still hold a torch for this player, as Im excited by the idea of Saka, ESR, Ødegaard and Auoar being our creative midfield options for less than 50m expenditure. It opens us up to interesting creative midfield options namely the 433, 442 diamond midfield and a lightweight yet creative 4231 midfield.

It would mean that we put more faith in Lokonga, rotating him with Xhaka and Elneny for the number 6 role. I would be open to that.

Auoar loan with option to buy, and focus on a right back before the window shuts.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This would be good asset collection. Y'know sometimes you go to the supermarket and there's a lovely bit of salmon on offer, you're having spag bol for dinner but nae bother you can just put the salmon in the freezer and have it another time, why not?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
What we need is rotation quality and ability to break down busses. Aouar would be a cheap help with that, maybe even a loan first.

The thing is I don't think Aouar can play in a pivot and I don't think there's room for him in the positions behind the striker with ESR, Ødegaard, Pepe, Saka all needing minutes, with Auba playing on the wing as it is.

drippin

The thing is I don't think Aouar can play in a pivot and I don't think there's room for him in the positions behind the striker with ESR, Ødegaard, Pepe, Saka all needing minutes, with Auba playing on the wing as it is.
We would need another formation like 4-3-3 against busses.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I still hold a torch for this player, as Im excited by the idea of Saka, ESR, Ødegaard and Auoar being our creative midfield options for less than 50m expenditure. It opens us up to interesting creative midfield options namely the 433, 442 diamond midfield and a lightweight yet creative 4231 midfield.

It would mean that we put more faith in Lokonga, rotating him with Xhaka and Elneny for the number 6 role. I would be open to that.

Auoar loan with option to buy, and focus on a right back before the window shuts.

Agree, Aouar loan and still bring in a RB would be the dream ending to this window. I dont agree with people who say we cant buy a RB unless we off load Bellerin. We should loan or sell AMN & Chambers, that cuts down our right backs. Anyway, look how many CB's we had at one point, its about quality, not numbers. Having 4 RB's is irrelevant if they're all rubbish.

drippin

Agree, Aouar loan and still bring in a RB would be the dream ending to this window. I dont agree with people who say we cant buy a RB unless we off load Bellerin. We should loan or sell AMN & Chambers, that cuts down our right backs. Anyway, look how many CB's we had at one point, its about quality, not numbers. Having 4 RB's is irrelevant if they're all rubbish.
I agree that we should be ruthless for once and just improve the team.

But surely we have some certain amount of transfer budget left, so another possibility is to improve another area more with that money, and leave RB to next window. But RB would be better.

I really think we need some midfielder, maybe even starting quality to improve Elneny and/or Xhaka.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I agree that we should be ruthless for once and just improve the team.

But surely we have some certain amount of transfer budget left, so another possibility is to improve another area more with that money, and leave RB to next window. But RB would be better.

I really think we need some midfielder, maybe even starting quality to improve Elneny and/or Xhaka.

I think with Partey to come back and Sambi looking good, we should be alright, Xhaka & Elneny as back ups. I've wanted a RB for a long time. When the first list of positions was set up to vote on, RB wasn't even in the list. I voted other ie RB. I think its a position that really holds us back, and holds Pepe back too!

drippin

I think with Partey to come back and Sambi looking good, we should be alright, Xhaka & Elneny as back ups. I've wanted a RB for a long time. When the first list of positions was set up to vote on, RB wasn't even in the list. I voted other ie RB. I think its a position that really holds us back, and holds Pepe back too!
I still say that midfield is not enough with Partey being injured so much, and Sambi being new in EPL. Elneny is not enough, he can't play much.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If Santi Cazorla could play at the base of our midfield then so could this guy. It’s all about the tactical setup.

Santi was the best midfielder in the league whilst this kid has a lot to prove.

Dont get me wrong, I want Bissouma+Aouar still after losing out on Buendia and even though I like Sambi a looot.
We need strong depth and competition in midfield and to ensure Elneny never plays again + coping with the AFCON issue and the general injury conundrum at Arsenal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not convinced by Aouar. He has regressed the last couple of years and I don't think he has what it takes to be an elite player. He shows up for one game and is completely transparent the next three.

How good is Adli going to do at Leverkusen ?
We wanted him over Guen before and he seems to habe done well

drippin

Not convinced by Aouar. He has regressed the last couple of years and I don't think he has what it takes to be an elite player. He shows up for one game and is completely transparent the next three.
Did this happen last year or before? Because last summer he was still hyped a lot, and didn't get his move.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Sounds like mentality over ability? But at the quoted price - depending on his wages - worth a gamble?

Finesse

Santi was the best midfielder in the league whilst this kid has a lot to prove.

Dont get me wrong, I want Bissouma+Aouar still after losing out on Buendia and even though I like Sambi a looot.
We need strong depth and competition in midfield and to ensure Elneny never plays again + coping with the AFCON issue and the general injury conundrum at Arsenal.
Our major issue is creativity from deep. The player and brain that coordinates and facilities how the ball moves from defence through midfield into the very dangerous attacking positions.

Santi could do it and when Wenger pulled this off we saw the best of Santi. He was the deepest player and made it happen. He made anyone playing close to him better. At that stage Coquelin was one of our first names on the sheet. Santi and his guile , simplicity and intelligence made the team flourish from deep and we could find the attacking players in very dangerous positions. We see Jorginho doing this every week. He is not the tackler and ball winner. He is the brain of the midfield from deep. For clubs and country. I recall when Arteta wanted him last season. There was an uproar, but he would have been great here.

An Arsenal midfield with Elnenny and Xhaka cannot control a game technically and intelligently to dominate a midfield , keep possession and create the right chances for the forwards. Xhaka attempts them , but is slow and can get caught in possession in dangerous areas. Mo will only make the safe and very obvious passes recycling the ball and these are no good for our forwards.

Adding our to what we have in ESR and MO can only be good for options. Not as bad as the above. Especially for the fee mooted.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That what people also who watch Lyon said about him. Interesting player and young but frustrating still for 20m or under we could use someone who put more competition for Xhaka and Partey i don't Lokonga alone is enough.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

How does he compare to Nasri in your opinion?

Lazy, I know, but is it a comparison worth making?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom