• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,725
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeosol

Did anyone actually watch him play last season? Genuine question, because I hear a lot about his poor season but his numbers look fine to me. Only seen him play a few times, but he always looked like class to me.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Did anyone actually watch him play last season? Genuine question, because I hear a lot about his poor season but his numbers look fine to me. Only seen him play a few times, but he always looked like class to me.
The class is there for anyone to see. At the price mentioned or a loan it’s a no-brainer. Problem is Arteta doesn’t play this type of player in central midfield.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

does he has any defensive qualities? I don’t see him and Ødegaard in the same midfield

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
does he has any defensive qualities? I don’t see him and Ødegaard in the same midfield
No he doesn't really provide much in terms of defensive output. Don't really understand why people are still on him now that we have bought Ødegaard. Much rather get a DM in who is boasts good stats in: progressive passes & carries, pressures, tackles and interceptions (i.e. Caqueret, Camavinga, Guimaraes).

Attachments

• Aouar stats.jpg
    Aouar stats.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No he doesn't really provide much in terms of defensive output. Don't really understand why people are still on him now that we have bought Ødegaard. Much rather get a DM in who is boasts good stats in: progressive passes & carries, pressures, tackles and interceptions (i.e. Caqueret, Camavinga, Guimaraes).

Bissouma would be the dream now.
Sadly we have even been asking for him as well but they apparently blocked enquiries from the big clubs.

Not totally untransferable, but massive bids expected.
Most on here, including me, thought Bissouma was a 30-35m which is far off from reality.
Makes sense, given White..

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It would be too late for Bissouma now, IMO. We should have gone for him at the beginning of the window, to allow Brighton time to get in a replacement.

If we want to take advantage of Lyon, then go for Guimaraes at this stage, there could still be a chance there.

Legend14

Established Member
It would be dumb to pick up this player to sit the bench. Instead, pay to get Bissouma or someone else of proven quality to start with Partey. Then sit Xhaka. This player is no better than Willian. We need to upgrade starting positions, not add mediocrity to our bench.

Utter Nonsense. Tottenham was even smart enough to say no.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He plays and 8 in a midfield 3 but does he actually track back and tackle
Like a normal box to box ? I know he can dribble and pass but most modern mids have to do everything
Statistically no - not very well. You'd be reliant on his ball retention or another ball winner next to him. I'm sceptical that he would work in a two against any decent team.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We are not paying 50 million to get Bissouma with 2 years in contract.

I doubt we have that much money left for one position this window.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Did not mean to imply Bissouma is happening, I just said we have enquired just like ManU and Liverpool did, but they wanted a massive fee early in the window already.

Just think like many others that he'd been a great choice. Dont wanna miss out on Sambi though, already love that kid.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
I like the idea of Auoar but I’d prefer someone more dynamic and athletic that could be a bit more all rounded and progress the ball through carries. I think Bissouma could be coached into this player from being a 6 but I don’t see him moving. I think the Locatelli bid made a lot of sense because of the above, all be it he was never coming to us.

Bissouma would be the dream now.
Sadly we have even been asking for him as well but they apparently blocked enquiries from the big clubs.

Not totally untransferable, but massive bids expected.
Most on here, including me, thought Bissouma was a 30-35m which is far off from reality.
Makes sense, given White..
I'd push for Aouar this summer so that when Arteta fails which sadly feels inevitable, he'd easily be attainable at a cheaper price next summer with Potter hopefully on board.

That way, we'd have both grit, and technique in together with a very exciting manager.

Imo that team would only a good manager, RB, and a good physical ST away from making a serious statement.

Better days ahead 100%. Just a little patience and support from the fans needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom