• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Gunners1616

Yeah i like the player but he ain't worth 70M... We can't put ourselves in another Pepe situation.

Get Ødegaard and use the rest of the money on an experienced midfielder (Sabitzer, Renato Sanchez etc...)

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Sky saying nothing new here. It's clear ESR is our guy now, Maddison outlay is far too much when we have the better player in Emile.

Also Bell said we'd bid either last week or this week yet nothing, makes you think.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Just do 30 M for aouar ffs. He’s better than madders and ode, much cheaper, and a better fit to us tactically.

Think it’s happening, it’s just too obvious.
Aouar's brother is asking for agent fees similar to the transfer fees being quoted around. Man thinks he's Raiola or something, he'll probably have Aouar ending up at Nice or Sociedad if he keeps it up.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Just do 30 M for aouar ffs. He’s better than madders and ode, much cheaper, and a better fit to us tactically.

Think it’s happening, it’s just too obvious.
Think the fact that we haven't already moved for Aouar means either he has rejected us or we have rejected him(mostly because of his brother).

LG10

Aouar's brother is asking for agent fees similar to the transfer fees being quoted around. Man thinks he's Raiola or something, he'll probably have Aouar ending up at Nice or Sociedad if he keeps it up.
Surely he‘ll stop his brother from ruining his career lol

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Can see him going to his bro like "Aouar, my man, my buddy, my pal, they say Moscow is the Paris of Russia!"

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would rather have Ødegaard for 40-45m than Maddison for 65m if it helped us sign a better CM.

Issue is there aren’t many 50m+ CMs out there who would want to come or improve us.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I would rather have Ødegaard for 40-45m than Maddison for 65m if it helped us sign a better CM.

Issue is there aren’t many 50m+ CMs out there who would want to come or improve us.

I think there are... we've already got our marquee CM in Partey and could be looking for a 7/10 constant partner. Also, depending on who we bring in, we can throw a lot of money at them wages wise.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think there are... we've already got our marquee CM in Partey and could be looking for a 7/10 constant partner. Also, depending on who we bring in, we can throw a lot of money at them wages wise.
I would rather not throw money at people personally as it is infinitely damaging our wage structure and makes it hard to offload unwanted players.

Would also prefer to sign players who want to be here and further their career here. Maybe Kessie would have been a good signing for 50m+ but Milan are in the CL and I’m not sure if he’s a similar player to Partey or not.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

70m Maddison or 45m Ødegaard I'm going 45m Ødegaard and save some money for quality midfielder.

Leicester won't sell cheap and we'll need to pay like 30-40m first payment
They would buy a whole fleet of French 2nd division and English non league players who will become world beaters with that money as well.

We'd have a better chance of overtaking them not buying anybody from them.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
They would buy a whole fleet of French division 2 players who will become world beaters with that money as well.

We'd have a better chance of overtaking them not buying anybody from them.
Also damages our wage structure while they protect theirs. They don’t only sell him for 70m they save the 50,000 extra a week they would have had to offered in the next contract.

So ahead of the curve because modern football is really difficult these days when trying to act like a big club. Your wage structure ends up going out of control and you can’t offload players. Suddenly signing players is like chucking the money in a black hole, hard to get it back.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Also damages our wage structure while they protect theirs. They don’t only sell him for 70m they save the 50,000 extra a week they would have had to offered in the next contract.

So ahead of the curve because modern football is really difficult these days when trying to act like a big club. Your wage structure ends up going out of control and you can’t offload players. Suddenly signing players is like chucking the money in a black hole, hard to get it back.
For the record I am a fan and I was fine with 50 mil- 60 at a push.

70+ I'd be tempted to just wing it with the current lot, it's not that deep and he's not taking us to Europe on his own, otherwise Leicester would be in Champions league.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom