• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
A name, and prove.

Joe Cole was not the most skillful player in England back then. He was the only skillful player in England.
I was firmly behind every single one of your posts on AM. Even shared many of your quoted posts in private Whatsapp groups to win arguments. But I can’t stand for this. Or are you referring to a Joe Cole from the 1950’s?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I was firmly behind every single one of your posts on AM. Even shared many of your quoted posts in private Whatsapp groups to win arguments. But I can’t stand for this. Or are you referring to a Joe Cole from the 1950’s?
Then find me a player who could do the same.
I said skillful players. Are any of the players you stated are skillful? Giggs is what I can think of but he doesn’t play for England, does he?

0:06-0:27, 1:00-1:10, 1:36-1:38, 2:16-2:21
No one from your list could do stuff like this.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If I post 90 mins matches after 90 mins matches to prove a play’s ability. Would you watch them?

And could you find a 90 mins match online to post it here?

Honestly I couldn't care less. You're still living in Wengerball land. We don't play that way anymore and you need ridiculous quality across the board to even think about playing like that.

Look at players that fit what Arteta wants. Look at players who are more direct because we need directness right now.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Honestly I couldn't care less. You're still living in Wengerball land. We don't play that way anymore and you need ridiculous quality across the board to even think about playing like that.

Look at players that fit what Arteta wants. Look at players who are more direct because we need directness right now.
If that’s what Arteta wants then fxxk Arteta.

We are spamming crosses into the box, we don’t even try to build our way into the opponent box. And now you tell me we need more of that? More directness?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
@Football Manager does have a point on Joe Cole. I don't agree that he was the only skilful player in England back then, that's untrue but he was doing things with a ball for West Ham and the England u21's that you don't see often. It got harnessed at Chelsea but he was a highlight reel back then.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If that’s what Arteta wants then fxxk Arteta.

We are spamming crosses into the box, we don’t even try to build our way into the opponent box. And now you tell me we need more of that? More directness?

We literally build up from the back and into the box, it just needs to be quicker. The reason it was mainly being funnelled down the left last season was because that's where our quality was. This is where replacements for Holding, Bellerin and Xhaka come into play. And then a quality AM to knit things together and finish.

Surely even you can see we try to play out from the back with nice football?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We literally build up from the back and into the box, it just needs to be quicker. The reason it was mainly being funnelled down the left last season was because that's where our quality was. This is where replacements for Holding, Bellerin and Xhaka come into play. And then a quality AM to knit things together and finish.

Surely even you can see we try to play out from the back with nice football?
We build up from the back. That part is good. But we either keep building up very deep in our own half, looking for counter attack. Or when our build up reach the midfield, and suddenly we start the cross spamming.

Look at how other attacking team build up from their back. They build up to the midfield, and then keep building up, and keep building up until they work the ball into the opponent box.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We build up from the back. That part is good. But we either keep building up very deep in our own half, looking for counter attack. Or when our build up reach the midfield, and suddenly we start the cross spamming.

Look at how other attacking team build up from their back. They build up to the midfield, and then keep building up, and keep building up until they work the ball into the opponent box.

We go wide because teams sit back against us and because we have nobody capable of pulling off a long distance goal. Which is wear maddison would come in handy. When a team sits back Liverpool and City go wide and spam crosses. They don't have to be high crosses but if your main quality is out wide you utilise it.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We go wide because teams sit back against us and because we have nobody capable of pulling off a long distance goal. Which is wear maddison would come in handy. When a team sits back Liverpool and City go wide and spam crosses. They don't have to be high crosses but if your main quality is out wide you utilise it.
Wait wait wait wait...We don’t shoot a long distance goal. That would waste possession. It has a low success rate. It’s only for teams that has no talent/teamwork to work the ball into the box.

You go wide to stretch the opponent defence. You don’t cross from there. You pass back to the middle. The centre is still compact. So the sweet spot is on the half space. Once the defence is stretched, the gaps exists in the half space.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As up and down as Aouar has been lately. I would go for him over Maddison.

Maddison is a shot monster but Aouar takes a lot of shots and creates his own also.

The thing that separates them Is the dribbling ability. Aouar is a very good dribbler and having him ESR, Saka or Pepe inter changing would be interesting. Not to mention Aouar has a much better passing range than ESR, Saka and Pepe. He can drop into a double pivot and spray the ball around.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why do all our transfer threads on English players, always become about English players not being skillful :lol:

Dyer was a great player for Newcastle back in the day too, for what it's worth, just very injury prone.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

“We don’t play that way anymore.”
Well done, you spotted the problem. That’s why our results are poor, and our football is boring. We need to rebuild our team.
We could have had a midfield like this. It’s very said we have missed out on Buendia.

Damsgaard (Hleb)
Saka
Pepe
Aouar (Nasri)
ESR (Rosicky)
Buendia (Cazorla)
Partey (Flamini)

After we fixed our midfield. All we need is to get our van persie and sanchez.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

coutinho is available for 20 million and barca are desperate. Honestly he would be the ideal AM for me. Much rather him at 20 than Maddison on 60+ who is not even a better player

Coutinho is an amazing player. Levels above Maddison for sure. But we shouldn’t pay 20m for anyone at that age. A loan would be good.

We want a long term CAM. Rule anyone above 26 out, we'd rather use ESR.
Said in the Willian thread we should try a loan swap with Coutinho. They reduce wages, which is their biggest issue and we get a (supposedly) quality player in prime years, albeit on higher wages. Win-win.He can't be worse than Willian anyway.

Gives us quality and experience and marks ESR as the long term creative player.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom