• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jermain Defoe

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsène admitted his interests in signing Defoe and Carrick in Arsenal SGM before. So Defoe must have something special. Personally I like Defoe and he would fit into the system of our team.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Defoe kind of reminds me of Pele. Small and stumpy but dribbles very good and doesn't do anything nonsense on the ball. And has good finishing

famous no 10

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
Defoe kind of reminds me of Pele. Small and stumpy but dribbles very good and doesn't do anything nonsense on the ball. And has good finishing

Now that really is going too far, pele had everything, flair, pace, finishing, ball control, strength, free kicks, heading, passing,creativity, team player, leader, ambasador, and was a hard bastard as well.

Defoe has about 1% of pele about him.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Ofcourse everyone knows that Pele was amazing and there aint no one like him yet, just yet. Defoe to me is a bit like Pele, black, short, ugly and so on and so on. But yeah, Pele was better its just that Defoe has alittle bit of Pele inside of him

kamikaze80

Established Member
yeah i guess the kid from diff'rent strokes had a bit of pele in him too, didnt he?

anyway im not sure you can just change a selfish player who cant get his head up into a team player.

and i doubt Sp**s are going for cisse - hes got the same strengths and weaknesses as defoe, it would be a pointless swap. i think its just rafa talking.

Amadeor

In any case, Benitez has just slashed the potential transfer fee for Defoe, which of course can only be applauded.

Good little player, just not Arsenal-class.

asajoseph

Established Member
Psh... Don't even compare Defoe to Wright (and especially not Pele). Do that, and you've evidently forgotten just how good Wrighty was - although Henry's got more goals, Wrighty still has a better strike-rate, and some of the efforts he managed to put in were just as special as anything the Frenchman has ever managed.

As it happens, I think he's good, but not that good. As others have said, he's selfish, despite being quick and skillful, and he certainly has never impressed me on the biggest stage. I don't really think he's got the quality to warrant the large transfer fee he'll cost.

yayo77

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one of the funniest things i have ever seen posted on these forums.seriously, have you ever seen pele play?defoe is the complete opposite type of player.

yayo77

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah i guess the kid from diff'rent strokes had a bit of pele in him too, didnt he?

LOL LOL LOL

asajoseph

Established Member
Considering Benitez' comments, it's quite likely he's leaving Sp**s. I don't really need an inside source to tell me that.

I agree with that

I can't see wenger making a bid. Although he has admitted he's a Defoe fan

If Henry leaves, perhaps a Defoe bid is on the way(?)

Only time will tell

But im so anxious, knowing Defoe would come to us over anyone else yet knowing a bid is slim

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom