• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Maybe. Who knows ! I just think an extra out & out pacy winger would add more for us for the rest of the season.

Am not really sure what Felix is & perhaps that's the issue with him. We already have Ode & Viera. I dont think hes like for like with Jesus in terms of overall gameplay & physicality. Hes not an out & out winger.

Would be great to see how he fits but if it's a choice between the two I'd go for Mudryk.
Maybe Arteta has a plan for him who knows, tbf weve been linked for a while

Symbia

I'm not sure if it's racist when

A) when their are stories of people within Nigerian banks who have looked to extort money from depositers
B) Nigeria having a large scamming industry
C) Kenyan African's, for example, having similar generalisations about Nigerians.
Sounds like stereotyping to me, however, that's not why I asked the question.

I was trying to figure out what Nigerian bank account had to do with the quoted Tweet.
Being useless, unreliable, rubbish or what?

If he was trying to dish another dry joke why not use his country? Unless there is nothing in his country to use as an example in the context.

Your explanation here is a typical example of 'holier than thou' attitude akin to trying to mention Islam as the base of terrorism while the most notorious terror**t to have ever lived wasn't a Muslim.

Keplaz

I'm not sure if it's racist when

A) when their are stories of people within Nigerian banks who have looked to extort money from depositers
B) Nigeria having a large scamming industry
C) Kenyan African's, for example, having similar generalisations about Nigerians.
A) What's racist is lumping every Nigerian bank. How many Bernie Madoff's have they been? Do you make the same jokes about white Americans?

B) Nigeria doesn't have a monopoly on the scam industry. There are scammers all over the world.

C) Just because other Africans make those generalisations, doesn't mean it isn't wrong. That's not a justifiable argument. Someone doing something wrong doesn't give you the right to do the same wrong thing.

My issue wasn't the comment about Nigerian banks, although I don't approve of it. My issue is the downplaying of racism. Using phrases like "slightly" racist. And the comment about slight racism being the worst thing in the world. All racism is bad. Against any race.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I could be wrong but it could be because everyone here has probably received several emails about nigerian bank account transfers and several comedians have made long winded jokes about it. Wouldnt make the joke myself but Id say pointing out the problem with it and moving on should be enough

Anyway back to Felix who has failed to do anything much in years, doesnt really strike me as adding much to the team because I couldnt tell you who he would replace in our first 11. Is he any better than Martinell or Jesus or Saka... for anything approaching 80 million youd want to be sure

LG10

People still aren’t giving saka and martinelli the respect that they deserve ffs. Felix is all promise without any substance as it stands. You can blame simeone all you want but the elite players still deliver. He had what half a season at benfica before he moved to atleti?

REWB

Lol AM acting like Jesus would have score against Morocco today...I love Jesus but lets be real here Morocco are very difficult to play against, even Jesus would have struggled also.

He had a decent performance and against weaker, more open teams in the PL he could be a great asset to us:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Lol AM acting like Jesus would have score against Morocco today...I love Jesus but lets be real here Morocco are very difficult to play against, even Jesus would have struggled also.

He had a decent performance and against weaker, more open teams in the PL he could be a great asset to us:

I watched the compilation and Felix couldn't beat his man once. His lack of pace and acceleration was shown up and it would probably be shown up in the PL. His technique and link up play is nice enough, but he's slow and I'm not sure where he'd even play. I don't fancy him as a wide forward because of his lack of pace, or as CF because of a lack of strength and he doesn't have the defensive qualities to play as an 8. I'd take Mudyrk over him for sure.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Playing as a striker? He is never a striker that’s the thing once he comes here people will say to get the best of him you have to play him in his right position. Lone striker in the PL is a very physical position

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I watched the compilation and Felix couldn't beat his man once. His lack of pace and acceleration was shown up and it would probably be shown up in the PL. His technique and link up play is nice enough, but he's slow and I'm not sure where he'd even play. I don't fancy him as a wide forward because of his lack of pace, or as CF because of a lack of strength and he doesn't have the defensive qualities to play as an 8. I'd take Mudyrk over him for sure.

Did Bergkamp beat his man often?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I thought Felix was fine against Morocco, he had that header and the wicked shot on his left that the goalie did very well to save.

I’m still not sure how he’d fit in here tactically but he’s a very good player.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I thought Felix was fine against Morocco, he had that header and the wicked shot on his left that the goalie did very well to save.

I’m still not sure how he’d fit in here tactically but he’s a very good player.

In very simple terms, he provides the false nine role for us first. He receives with his back to goal, drops into the midfield region to assist with progression, and creates opportunities for our attackers to also occupy central areas. His versatility across the front line, also allows for interchangeable play during matches, which further disrupts opposition marking systems for example.

There are hard set roles in our attacking system anymore IMO, and outside a more physical presence are our players quite similar upfront. More of a focus on flexibility in multiple positions, allowing the coaching team to build more routines over our positional base. Felix has the ability to fit into that.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
In very simple terms, he provides the false nine role for us first. He receives with his back to goal, drops into the midfield region to assist with progression, and creates opportunities for our attackers to also occupy central areas. His versatility across the front line, also allows for interchangeable play during matches, which further disrupts opposition marking systems for example.

There are hard set roles in our attacking system anymore IMO, and outside a more physical presence are our players quite similar upfront. More of a focus on flexibility in multiple positions, allowing the coaching team to build more routines over our positional base. Felix has the ability to fit into that.

Yeah that makes sense I suppose. I guess I find it hard to believe the club will spend big money on that position? Cos Jesus will return in February/March probably, will they spend upwards of 60m for someone to compete with Jesus long term? Obviously Jesus and Felix could play together too.

They 100% want a winger, that’s confirmed, I feel like it’s more likely they stick to that plan than change plan.

I would welcome Felix though, you can never have too many top quality technical players. I still want a proper CF though.

DuBB

Yeah that makes sense I suppose. I guess I find it hard to believe the club will spend big money on that position? Cos Jesus will return in February/March probably, will they spend upwards of 60m for someone to compete with Jesus long term? Obviously Jesus and Felix could play together too.

They 100% want a winger, that’s confirmed, I feel like it’s more likely they stick to that plan than change plan.

I would welcome Felix though, you can never have too many top quality technical players. I still want a proper CF though.

Well if you look at it like this...

This season, going into it, we as a fanbase were looking at cracking into the Top 4. and a No.9 pairing of Jesus and Nketiah looked adequate for a team who is currently in the Europa League and hoped to finish either 3rd or 4th and then try and push for Top 2 next year.

With the way this current season has started, we're essentially a year ahead of schedule, and if you look at it like that, all of a sudden Jesus/Nketiah doesn't look quite like the No.9 pairing a Champions League level team should have.

With the fluidity of our attacking line, our No.9 basically needs to be able to either switch to the wing during the game, or if needs must, start a game on the wing. So if you look at a player like Felix, it isn't about battling it out for the No.9 with Jesus on such a black and white basis. It's rotation, not backup.

Martinelli / Jesus / Saka
Jesus / Felix / Saka
Martinelli / Felix / Jesus
Felix / Martinelli / Saka

It's about us, as a club, being able to look at a PL, CL (hopefully) or FA Cup fixture and fielding a front three that doesn't have such a clear drop-off in quality, but instead brings variance in style.

And on your second note about signing a winger, I wouldn't be surprised it it was either/or with someone like Felix and Mudryk. Felix is the kind of player who can do both Wing and No.9 so I'd prefer that type and level. I like Mudryk a lot, but I feel like signing him will make us push our chips in with Nketiah and Martinelli as our Jesus rotation options, which doesn't quite feel at the level of Felix in that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom