• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

João Félix

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuBB

But overall I think we need to be wary when we use the term "backup" because at this level of football, and with the amount of games a season a club like ours plays, the 2nd name on the depth chart isn't a backup in most positions, it's a rotation option.

Think Tierney and Zinchenko. Or White and Tomi. If a starting lineup comes out with any 2 of those names on it, nobody thinks "we're playing our backups" we start to think "hmmm... I wonder what that choice means tactically or based on our opposition"

Whoever we buy next, whether it's a winger or a striker, has to be of a quality where if they start we don't bat an eye. That's the level we're going for and are operating at now.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
But overall I think we need to be wary when we use the term "backup" because at this level of football, and with the amount of games a season a club like ours plays, the 2nd name on the depth chart isn't a backup in most positions, it's a rotation option.

Think Tierney and Zinchenko. Or White and Tomi. If a starting lineup comes out with any 2 of those names on it, nobody thinks "we're playing our backups" we start to think "hmmm... I wonder what that choice means tactically or based on our opposition"

Whoever we buy next, whether it's a winger or a striker, has to be of a quality where if they start we don't bat an eye. That's the level we're going for and are operating at now.

This is a much nicer way of putting it. If we get a CF he needs to be good enough to be a rotation option for Jesus. Nketiah is not our benchmark. I admit it’s hard to find Jesus level forwards so the player needs to at least have the potential to be that good in year or 2.

I admit I haven’t seen that much of Felix. From the little I have, his touch, composure, intelligence and ball striking ability look top drawer. People on here writing him off because he couldn’t breeze past a world class full back with ease? He’s not gonna be playing Hakimi every week ffs.

You guys know I’m twerking for Mudryk but I wouldn’t mind if we got Félix in Jan and waited for Mudders given our current predicament. But there’s no room in MY ARSENAL for stocking fillers like Depay.

BIoodBrother

He's elegant.
If he can translate his play into effective ball progression in the PL, it will be a joy to watch. Certainly more of a Wenger player than Arteta. Arteta Arsenal works with low center of gravity players in the 3 attacking positions.

DuBB

Watch this video, and don't look at the flicks, tricks and shots, that's surface level. Look at the places on the pitch he receives the ball and how effective he is with it. That's how I look at players when I see comps. Where do they repeatedly receive or use the ball, and the way we currently play, do we utilise those same places on the pitch?

When he's on the wing and on the touchline - have we seen Martinelli receive and use the ball in that position?

When he's deeper and near the centre circle, or even in the box - have we see Jesus receive and use the ball in those positions?

The answer to both of those is a resounding yes.

I'm not beating the "Felix or nothing" drum, I'm just looking at him as I look at any player we're linked with, and it's so obvious why he's probably on a list somewhere for Edu or Arteta, if not both of them.

I'll leave the will we get hims and should we get hims to other people to debate, but when it comes to "will he fit in for us?" the answer is pretty damn obvious.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Watch this video, and don't look at the flicks, tricks and shots, that's surface level. Look at the places on the pitch he receives the ball and how effective he is with it. That's how I look at players when I see comps. Where do they repeatedly receive or use the ball, and the way we currently play, do we utilise those same places on the pitch?

When he's on the wing and on the touchline - have we seen Martinelli receive and use the ball in that position?

When he's deeper and near the centre circle, or even in the box - have we see Jesus receive and use the ball in those positions?

I'm not beating the "Felix or nothing" drum, I'm just looking at him as I look at any player we're linked with, and it's so obvious why he's probably on a list somewhere for Edu or Arteta, if not both of them.

I'll leave the will we get hims and should we get hims to other people to debate, but when it comes to "will he fit in for us?" the answer is pretty damn obvious.
Guy has elite heel control. Crazy how much he uses it when doing tekkers

lomekian

Essays are my thing
There is no doubt that this lad's technique, flexibility and intelligence would significantly improve our options. However, I simply cannot see Arsenal spending the requisite amount to get him on a player who is not obviously a first choice option, and whose adaptation is in question.

Sure if its a £6om for both him and say, Mudryk, Felix is the better option. But Will Atleti really sell him at almost a £50m loss? He's not at the level where a similar impact couldn't be generated by someone else at a lower fee.

D

Deleted member 102404

Did Bergkamp beat his man often?

Almost at will in his younger days and at Arsenal in his first few years.
Later in his career, not so much.
He was also lightning quick in his younger days to mid/ late 20's - often overlooked. He often drifted wide at Ajax and would literally burn past defenders with pace.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There is no doubt that this lad's technique, flexibility and intelligence would significantly improve our options. However, I simply cannot see Arsenal spending the requisite amount to get him on a player who is not obviously a first choice option, and whose adaptation is in question.

Sure if its a £6om for both him and say, Mudryk, Felix is the better option. But Will Atleti really sell him at almost a £50m loss? He's not at the level where a similar impact couldn't be generated by someone else at a lower fee.
The club paid 50m for Ben White at a time when nobody was going to pay anywhere near that amount and his profile was nowhere near what Felix's is. I think it's clear that we will pay if we really believe the player can be a difference maker. If Arteta thinks Joao is going to allow him to challenge for a title and make some noise in the CL next season then I don't think Stan and Josh will have an issue paying big money for him.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They will never recoup that money, if they want to move him on they will. To me this is more realistic than Murdyk, too much smoke with the latter.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fit yes, but not as a striker

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I see similarities with Özil in many ways, and it’s almost hard to say if that’s a good or bad thing.

My niggling doubt is that Felix has produced amazing performances with a CF. That display with Ramos, and his breakout season with Simferovic. I’m not saying he can’t play false 9, but it seems like he ideally wants another striker in front of him?

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I see similarities with Özil in many ways, and it’s almost hard to say if that’s a good or bad thing.

My niggling doubt is that Felix has produced amazing performances with a CF. That display with Ramos, and his breakout season with Simferovic. I’m not saying he can’t play false 9, but it seems like he ideally wants another striker in front of him?
So we have Ode & Viera to play in that pocket already...we're hardly gonna buy another player for that position. I just don't see how he fits into the team.

If we get him on a loan with option, fine, but I wouldn't want us to be paying big money just to have a nice player in the squad without a real plan for him..

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Felix is a top talent who chose the wrong club. Guess he will explode in his next move.

He is the type of signing that will put us right as favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom