• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Joe Willock (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If he stays then you have to play him but he not getting any minutes ahead of Xhaka Partey Lokonga so what the point of keeping him? i don't think he will want that too he is 5th choice here even Elneny ahead of him because Arteta use Elneny more. the situation of selling players becoming really difficult we need to change the strategy just let them go on loan plus obligation we can't keep all these players here.

Why should Lokonga be getting more minutes than him?

It’s just bizarre to me that we have a player who did really f-cking well for a PL side and now he’s behind Elneny and a kid from the Belgian league.

Make it make sense because now Partey’s injured long term there should be plenty of minutes for him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

It’s just bizarre to me that we have a player who did really f-cking well for a PL side and now he’s behind Elneny and a kid from the Belgian league.

Make it make sense because now Partey’s injured long term there should be plenty of minutes for him.

Lokonga's skill set is more important than Willocks in a midfield two. Like @Troopz mentioned in a different thread, Willock as a CM in a three, yeah sweet. But in a pivot with 4 at the back it isn't wise to put Willock next to Xhaka.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lokonga's skill set is more important than Willocks in a midfield two. Like @Troopz mentioned in a different thread, Willock as a CM in a three, yeah sweet. But in a pivot with 4 at the back it isn't wise to put Willock next to Xhaka.

There’s ways to fit him in. I think he’d work in a two if we had a back 5 or we could play him as a number 8 and just play two wingers and a striker.

It’s not like we’re overloaded with attacking midfield options right now. Not close on anyone for the position either.

If he stays he should be getting starter minutes imo.

just out of curiosity i just watched Joe Willocks 8 goals for Newcastle as hadn't paid much attention to it

Should we play him as our second Striker :)

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There’s ways to fit him in. I think he’d work in a two if we had a back 5 or we could play him as a number 8 and just play two wingers and a striker.

It’s not like we’re overloaded with attacking midfield options right now. Not close on anyone for the position either.

He'd work on the right of a 3-4-3 as well I think. Especially if we had more of a touchline hugging wingback on the left (Tierney/ Tavares / Saka)

We've got the players to have a quality back three as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Because we spent near 20M for him he more talented and if Willock was going to certain stay here we won't waste funds on 3rd-4th choice midfielder like Lokonga.

blrgooner

Established Member

So you would change the system to fit a player? I think one reason we have struggled is that wehave been trying to change the system to fit Auba.

Barry

Newcastle fans must be absolutely livid about this whole situation though. You've got Arsenal prepared to sell you a quality young English midfielder who has just scored a whole bunch of goals for a discount price and still no bids.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
just out of curiosity i just watched Joe Willocks 8 goals for Newcastle as hadn't paid much attention to it

Should we play him as our second Striker :)
Newcastle system is whole different the teams won't sit deep block against newcastle Willock take advantage of this because of his energy and pace to be at right time in other team box and occupy the free spaces as much he want at Arsenal he'll be asked to play more possession football and use his creativity to unlock the deep block defense Willock don't have that ability he can still score goals here when we counter attack he done that few times with us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Because we spent near 20M for him he more talented and if Willock was going to certain stay here we won't waste funds on 3rd-4th choice midfielder like Lokonga.

Is he more talented? To me, Willock looked really talented last year. Blown away by how good he looked.

So you would change the system to fit a player? I think one reason we have struggled is that wehave been trying to change the system to fit Auba.

Not just to fit Joe but we finished 8th last year. It’s not like we’ve got a system we can really bank on right now.

A midfield two with Lokonga - Xhaka will have real troubles this year in front of a back line that’s pretty dodgy.

You need either a third midfielder or a third CB and in that case Willock would ideally fit the team.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only player our system suites is Elneny.

Anyways, Joe only needs to survive 4 more weeks, once the window is shut Arteta will be sacked before the next window anyways and any half decent manager gives him a chance.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Newcastle fans must be absolutely livid about this whole situation though. You've got Arsenal prepared to sell you a quality young English midfielder who has just scored a whole bunch of goals for a discount price and still no bids.
to be fair they look lose all hope after the saudi takeover failed they stuck with Mike Ashley who now not using the money because newcastle situation is still uncertain and he still looking to sell.

Barry

I don't wanna start going back to a 343 no way. Stops us from playing the attacking guys.

You lose creativity through the middle without a number 10 - you'd be relying on the wing backs to score goals and create and people like White and Tierney at CB to progress the ball. I think it could work with a striker like Martinez but it's probably more of a counter attacking set up for the big teams than something you'd want against the rest of the league.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Is he more talented? To me, Willock looked really talented last year. Blown away by how good he looked.

Not just to fit Joe but we finished 8th last year. It’s not like we’ve got a system we can really bank on right now.

A midfield two with Lokonga - Xhaka will have real troubles this year in front of a back line that’s pretty dodgy.

You need either a third midfielder or a third CB and in that case Willock would ideally fit the team.

Agree with the third CM thing. I feel like if Willock stays we won't sign a AM and go balls deep for Lautaro Martinez.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The only player our system suites is Elneny.

Anyways, Joe only needs to survive 4 more weeks, once the window is shut Arteta will be sacked before the next window anyways and any half decent manager gives him a chance.
the next manager won't use Willock ahead of Partey Xhaka Elneny too new managers always go for experience you guys keep insisting on this because you like the player but managers think differently.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Newcastle system is whole different the teams won't sit deep block against newcastle Willock take advantage of this because of his energy and pace to be at right time in other team box and occupy the free spaces as much he want at Arsenal he'll be asked to play more possession football and use his creativity to unlock the deep block defense Willock don't have that ability he can still score goals here when we counter attack he done that few times with us.

All the goals he scored apart from two were when Newcastle were dominating possession and on the attack.

He did what Dele Alli and Lampard did and got on the end of crosses with some powerful headers or arrived late in the box for any knockdowns or half clearances.

The only counter goals he scored was the one where he dispossed Soyuncu himself and the one where he dribbled past the whole Fulham side.

If we’re still smashing in crosses next year I think he’s perfect for what we’re trying to do.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lokonga, Partey, ESR, Willock, Elneny, Torreira, Xhaka. 7 options for 3 midfield spots, no chance we sign another mid unless two of these are gone.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

the next manager won't use Willock ahead of Partey Xhaka Elneny too new managers always go for experience you guys keep insisting on this because you like the player but managers think differently.

Emery played Guendouzi ahead Elneny. Any manager would any sort of common sense would know you'd get a lot more from Willock in your midfield than Elneny. It's unfortunate that Arteta lacks this.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We just don't need to repeat the AMN mistake don't keep player you not going to use we lost 20M on AMN because Arteta and us fans wanted him to stay we lost 20M and now we struggling to sell . Willock if he stay he has to start if not then he need to leave this is so simple he can't be 3rd-4th choice his game time will be very limited and the max games will play is 10 games and fa cup games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom