• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Do you not like Havertz? As a Bundesliga watcher.
So because i've probably watched the most Leverkusen games with him than all here:

After this breaktrough there, I thought that he is the german with the most football intelligence I've seen since Özil. It's difficult to explain, but it felt like he already knew about the next step before he even got the ball. His positioning between the lines in combination with the eye for his mates, quiet unic. So I was a bit p'ssed he went to Chelsea.

No surprise the chefscout from Real Calafat is a big fan of him, he already had him on the list for years. If you just watch him "isolated", there is so much potential in him.

But on the other side: It just would feel a little bit like the Vieira signing, because we don't have a really need for him and the midfield should be our priority first. Especially for 200k, he would be a luxury rotational squad addition. He isn't a striker, he isn't a RW, he isn't a CAM. He is everything a little bit, but somehow Arteta likes these players (interesent in Felix in winter). I just sadly don't see his position here, we don't even have a physical striker where he could shine next to him.

The bad finishing would be really my least problem, because this could change completely with every season. Such a confidence thing for many players.

For under 50m it would be maybe be worth the gamble - because every average PL costs around 30m nowadays and the RW market is so poverty, that maybe Havertz could work as inverted right winger.

And one thing i'm already 100% sure: This forum will scapegoat him for every single loss, his body language is probably even worse than the one from Özil.
Already wrote about him. Overall I rate him very highly, but i'm always a bit sceptical which players who still haven't found their real position, especially at this age.

So it will be interesting if Arteta can transform him into a LCM, probably the best for his career.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Already wrote about him. Overall I rate him very highly, but i'm always a bit sceptical which players who still haven't found their real position, especially at this age.

So it will be interesting if Arteta can transform him into a LCM, probably the best for his career.
I think players like Havertz are good as a 'spare' player. 433 is a good formation for him to be deployed in as he can float + use his intelligence rather than be relied on to contantly be a focus point of our build up play or attack.

I feel like this isnt possible in a 4231. As the CM he would have to be more involved in build up play + defensively. As the No.10 he has to be the focal point of our attack. In our 433, Ødegaard is our focal point and Rice is doing all the dirty work. Havertz would be the spare man.

Not saying theyre the same player but maybe Havertz is similar to Ramsey in that regard, who never really seemed he was in his ideal position in a 4231, I always wanted to see him in a 433.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not having found your best position and being played out of position are two different things though?

Ofc not that clear cut but I think it’s been obvious all along that he’s not a cf.

Legend14

Established Member
I think players like Havertz are good as a 'spare' player. 433 is a good formation for him to be deployed in as he can float + use his intelligence rather than be relied on to contantly be a focus point of our build up play or attack.

I feel like this isnt possible in a 4231. As the CM he would have to be more involved in build up play + defensively. As the No.10 he has to be the focal point of our attack. In our 433, Ødegaard is our focal point and Rice is doing all the dirty work. Havertz would be the spare man.

Not saying theyre the same player but maybe Havertz is similar to Ramsey in that regard, who never really seemed he was in his ideal position in a 4231, I always wanted to see him in a 433.
If he starts in the midfield, we’ll need to change the formation or the intent of his responsibilities. He’d be more like a 10, playing behind or in place of Jesus if Jesus continues to retrieve balls in the midfield.
(expect more 2-2 draws, but attractive attack)

He will not have a Xhaka heat map because he won’t be good at it (especially from the left).

We’ll have more data points as signings and exits occur.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I have come around over this signing especially if he's being signed to play the left 8. Looking forward to it. Didn't want him as part of front 3. He might still play few games as the striker/rw due to rotation but that's ok. Hopefully he is back to his best from Leverkusen days.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Think I was one of the first to state he was signing as a LCM and that it would be work wonders.

If this pans out I need an AM statue.

Badger_Revenge

Even though Xhaka played further up the pitch than he used to, I don't think Havertz will play the exact same role. Havertz will be much more on the sharp end of attack - like an 8/10. If anything, I expect Ødegaard will have to drop back to provide more security in midfield to cover for Xhaka being replaced by Havertz. I'm fine with that -- Ødegaard is much more secure on the ball than almost anyone in the team -- as long as we don't lose the goals he provides. Rice can help, but he's not magical.

Of course if we shift to a back three, which we could with White, Gabriel and Saliba, then the whole shape changes and no one plays the same role in midfield.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not really, I’ll argue we don’t have a top striker and without that, you can’t really do much.

Jesus averages 8 goals a season in the league, in England. Trossard isn’t a striker either.
They work well for what Arteta wants from a CF. We need to spend money on defensive and midfield depth this year, we can look at CF options next summer.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

So we did end up helping them out 😅

We didn't need Fifa to confirm we were helping them out, name one person in this squad that we sell for anywhere near 65mil? Balogun is probably our best shot and even then realistically we get half that.

He should work out now that he plays in his preferred position in a more structured team, but a player that's struggled in the league like Kai has should never go for that price.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lol all teams offering Chelsea money for thier players not only us.

30M Kovacic
55M Mount if done
60m Havertz
20M Koulibaly
15M mendy
10M Zyiech
14M Loftus cheek.

This around 200M from sales. Our 60M is representing like 30% of thier total salas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Arteta wants to add a defender, a central midfielder, a forward and cover on the right wing for Bukayo Saka [Gary Jacob - The Times]

Arsenal are ready to enter the race for Feyenoord left-back Quilindschy Hartman when the Dutchman returns from injury next season [The Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom