• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is my problem, only Arsenal can buy an injured player who spend the first 3 months injured just to miss the rest of the season with another injury.

Say what you want about guys like Xhaka and Özil at least they ain't injured for months on end.
Spot on. The bulk of the Sp**s era under Poch had very few injuries and they over performed. When Chelsea won the league with Mourinho, they were near the bottom of the injury league. The same with Leicester in 2015/16 . . .look at our injuries that year ffs.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Spot on. The bulk of the Sp**s era under Poch had very few injuries and they over performed. When Chelsea won the league with Mourinho, they were near the bottom of the injury league. The same with Leicester in 2015/16 . . .look at our injuries that year ffs.

I remember the squads from the late 00s to the mid 2010s and we'd have half our first team injured and regulars who'd spend whole seasons injured.

Like what was the point of Rosicky? Him being fit was more of a surprise than when he was injured.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Compounded having the #1 RB injury prone as well.

We have been pretty lucky at the standard AMN transitioned mid season to LB then RB 18/19 & Saka at LB 19/20.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is my problem, only Arsenal can buy an injured player who spend the first 3 months injured just to miss the rest of the season with another injury.

Say what you want about guys like Xhaka and Özil at least they ain't injured for months on end.
We signed him knowing he was injured. It was hardly like he signed and then got injured. We had an operation to correct a problem and that's gone away now. And then was unfortunate to dislocate a shoulder.

I'd be worried if it was the reoccurrence of his pubis problem but it wasnt. That's what kept him out in the past and it was misdiagnosed which made the problem worse, eventually requiring surgery. Strange injuries can happen, like a dislocated shoulder.

Tierney is going to be a beast when the football restarts.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
People forget his monster debut. I hadn't seen such a marauding left back turn out for us for years before that. Only Silvinho was actually able to beat a man one on one.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
We sell Tierney and I'm going full Arteta out mode. Dead serious. He'd be class at Leicester.

I trust we aren't stupid enough to strengthen a rival though.

Mate regardless of Tierney being sold or not, you will always be Arteta Out and it is getting a bit over the top.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He looked great in the EL and League Cup games. Did well enough in the league too and don`t forget that he games he played in the league we were at our worst under Emery, being outplayed by Southampton and the likes at home. Hard to really shine in a team in such awful form. Tierney is going to be great for us, no doubt in my mind.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mate regardless of Tierney being sold or not, you will always be Arteta Out and it is getting a bit over the top.

I don't want him out. Just make jokes about him only targeting Spaniards as transfer targets.

Aubameyang's situation is out of his control. Tierney's is fully in his control. Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Pepe and Tierney are in the must keep category for me with Auba. Any how we sell Tierney after a season...

Shalmaneser V

I’ll be disgusted if Leicester lose Chilwell and we just hand Tierney over to them.

Can just see it happening too.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Say Leicester were to offer us an obscene amount for Tierney in a post covid market. Are you telling me you're not at least tempted? Let's say they sell Chilwell to Chelsea for £80 million and they offer us £65 million plus for Tierney. That's more than enough money to find a replacement and chip into the midfield funds. And people saying, "what about Saka's preference for the wing?" Well he has to be patient. He will most likely develop into a goal scoring winger but it's not harm for his development to play at left back for a little while.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We cannot sell Tierney after a few months, he's back fit now for the new season & he really impressed me in his first few months here. Knowing our board though, they'll probably sell him for as little as 15-20 million. It will be disgraceful if we end up selling him straight away.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Say Leicester were to offer us an obscene amount for Tierney in a post covid market. Are you telling me you're not at least tempted? Let's say they sell Chilwell to Chelsea for £80 million and they offer us £65 million plus for Tierney. That's more than enough money to find a replacement and chip into the midfield funds. And people saying, "what about Saka's preference for the wing?" Well he has to be patient. He will most likely develop into a goal scoring winger but it's not harm for his development to play at left back for a little while.

A full back is not being sold for that amount, but yes I would take 65m for Tierney.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I remember the squads from the late 00s to the mid 2010s and we'd have half our first team injured and regulars who'd spend whole seasons injured.

Like what was the point of Rosicky? Him being fit was more of a surprise than when he was injured.
Wilshere, Diaby, RVP, Ramsey, Eduardo . . . that list is endless.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Several fullbacks have gone for €50m recently. Nonetheless, I would not sell Tierney even for €50m at the moment.

Short term we'd be alright if we sell him and replace him with Tagliafico, but I rate Tierney higher and he's younger with a higher ceiling.

A big club doesn't sell its big prospects before giving them a proper go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom